Visiting Disneyland Paris with Mobility Issues, and other questions.

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We are on the WBTA on DCL next September and we think a stay before the cruise is a better choice than the DCL excursion into DLP for one day. The New York hotel looks good to us. I definitely will need an ECV. Are these available in parks? Or from an outside vender?

What about transportation to the hotel from Orly? In 2019 we did a few days in Paris before the WBTA, but the WWII sites in Normandy were our focus. As we were heading to the car to take us into Paris, there was a bus that said Disneyland Paris! Is that a regular thing, or do you book it through Disney?

I noticed someone suggested booking from a foreign website because costs were more reasonable. How do you do that? We contacted the business that had provided transportation options in 2019, and they can help us with the logistics of getting to London afterwards, but they don’t book Disney hotels.

We think two nights with one full day in the park will work for us. We are in our 70’s. Is two full days in the park necessary?? Are there fireworks or night shows?

I would appreciate any help here.

Thanks,
Bobbi

1. The bus Paris - DLP
That can be booked here: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/tours/disneyland-paris-express/

2. Bus DLP - ORY
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/guest-services/transfer-from-paris-airports/
You can also take the train or uber/taxi/car service.
My preferred method is train.

I'm not 100% sure, but just in case: with bus (and possible train) you have to be able to climb up a few steps.

3. Different website hotel
When you are on the DLP website, in the top right corner there is a flag icon. There you can change your settings to a different country. The USA website usually has the most expensive rates. Have a look and see what is best.
Please keep in mind that Disney only sells packages including park tickets for as many days as you are there. If you have 1 night stay, you will get 2 days entry. 2 nights, 3 days. Regardless if you are the entire time on site, or arrive in the afternoon, leave early etc. you do have access for the entire day.

4. How many days
Really depends how much of a Disney fan you are :) but if you have mobility issues, and in your 70s, may I be so bold to presume the coasters are out? Then you should be able to do most rides in one day. If you want to do shows as well, I would reserve two. If you like shows, I would definitely advise to do two days, DLP has upped their game with shows in recent years. Currently there is The Lion King show (mix of animation & broadway) and a surprisingly good Disney Junior show, which I enjoyed very much even without hardly knowing the Disney Junior characters.

Outside Corona times, there is a fireworks show every night in Disneyland Park.
Nothing has been announced that far in advance, sometimes when there is a Star Wars festival or something like that, there can be a projection show in The Studios.

1. The bus Paris - DLP
That can be booked here: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/tours/disneyland-paris-express/

2. Bus DLP - ORY
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/guest-services/transfer-from-paris-airports/
You can also take the train or uber/taxi/car service.
My preferred method is train.

I'm not 100% sure, but just in case: with bus (and possible train) you have to be able to climb up a few steps.

3. Different website hotel
When you are on the DLP website, in the top right corner there is a flag icon. There you can change your settings to a different country. The USA website usually has the most expensive rates. Have a look and see what is best.
Please keep in mind that Disney only sells packages including park tickets for as many days as you are there. If you have 1 night stay, you will get 2 days entry. 2 nights, 3 days. Regardless if you are the entire time on site, or arrive in the afternoon, leave early etc. you do have access for the entire day.

4. How many days
Really depends how much of a Disney fan you are :) but if you have mobility issues, and in your 70s, may I be so bold to presume the coasters are out? Then you should be able to do most rides in one day. If you want to do shows as well, I would reserve two. If you like shows, I would definitely advise to do two days, DLP has upped their game with shows in recent years. Currently there is The Lion King show (mix of animation & broadway) and a surprisingly good Disney Junior show, which I enjoyed very much even without hardly knowing the Disney Junior characters.

Outside Corona times, there is a fireworks show every night in Disneyland Park.
Nothing has been announced that far in advance, sometimes when there is a Star Wars festival or something like that, there can be a projection show in The Studios.

Just to add a little on what Karin says, I would also suggest 2 days at the parks so you can be relaxed and explore everything at your own pace. US visitors tend to underestimate DLP before arriving, and find out it has more than expected. If you do ride mild coasters, be sure to ride Thunder Mountain (it is one of the best versions of the ride), and if you still do high adrenaline coasters (my father is on his early 70s and still rides some, but that depends on each person's own condition) then the Iron Man coaster (which should be open by then) and the HyperSpace Mountain are a must.

Also, Lion King is a very good show, and enjoying the Disneyland Park sights is also a good thing to do. Disneyland Park in Paris is a beautiful park to move around and discover some hidden sights. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter