Visiting DL's Toontown for the Toontown.com fan

CinderellaDreamer

DIS Veteran
Any fans of toontown.com got any tips on the must see's at Disneyland's Toontown? We are looking forward to walking around and just being there, but didn't know if there were any special things that we should be looking for/shouldn't miss.

Thanks!

If anyone has any info along these lines relating to WDW's toontown, I'd love to hear them, too! I don't have any upcoming trips -- dreaming, dreaming -- but would love to know if there's anything special to look for whenever I do get back.

FWIW, I'm so glad we didn't play Toontown Online before our Feb. trip. DD4 would have been SO disappointed if no one jumped into or out of a hole and there were no cogs to fight.

As it was, she loved Toontown!

While DL's Toontown is vastly superior to Toontown Fair in WDW, there really isn't anything about it that relates to the game, other than the fact that it's the town where toons live. No cogs or gags or anything like that. However there are several areas within the town where you can push buttons or turn knobs and silly things will happen or you'll hear funny sounds.

I highly recommend Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. It's an awesome dark ride. :thumbsup2

BTW, WDW is getting rid of their toontown. It's nothing like the game anyway. My DS would love to see cogs there.

I guess I disagree a little. While toontown at DL doesn't correspond with the game, there are some similarities, maybe it was the inspiration for the game. In toontown there is a city hall that looks a lot like the buildings in toontown central. There's a trolley that is identical to the trolley car in the game. There's various toon cars that look like the cars you get at Goofy's speedway. There's also a gag shop which sells standard disney merchandise, and inside the gag shop if you look up you'll see various items on a pulley system rotating around the store. It kinda reminded me of the cogs, and if I remember correctly they were items you find in the game, like seltzer bottles and anvils and other stuff. Oh there's also a safe outside the gag shop that's suspended in air. So it's not like stepping into the game (which would be way cool) but there are little details here and there that will put a smile on your face. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter