• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Visiting" Give Kids The World

joshsmom

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! I haven't posted over here in a long time, but when I posed this question on the CB, they said I would probably get more answers here.

My son was a Wish Kid in 2003 and we stayed at GKTW. We were told then that if we ever wanted to visit again, we could. We just couldn't stay there. We would like to visit during our trip in May, but I don't know how to arrange it. I have emailed GKTW several times, and have not gotten a response.

Has anyone done this? If so, can you please tell me how your arranged it? I would really appreciate the help. TIA!!! :wave:

I just called GKTW (it is a local call for me) and asked them about this.

The response was to just show up. You might want to just stop by the front desk to let them know you are there and when you had been a guest. But no advance notice or reservation is needed.

They said that to us when we left too. I think the kids would enjoy a "refresh" of their memories! Thanks for asking the question, and thanks for calling!!

I just called GKTW (it is a local call for me) and asked them about this.

The response was to just show up. You might want to just stop by the front desk to let them know you are there and when you had been a guest. But no advance notice or reservation is needed.

I've wondered about this too. Thanks for calling and finding out!

Thanks ro Cheshire Figment for calling.

I have seen a few posts over the years from people who made a repeat visit like you are talking about. They reported it was a really nice experience and that the volunteers were really happy to see them. We have also had a few posts from volunteers over the years who said they were VERY happy to see kids come back for visits. It helps them to go on with their work when they see some of the kids they never thought they would see again are still doing well and have fond memories of their stay there.

WOW!!! You guys are AWESOME! Thank you so much Cheshire Figment for making that call!!! I'm VERY excited about visiting again. We even bought GKTW shirts for the occasion! I can't wait to see the place! You have made my evening!! Thanks SO much!!

We are visiting again the begining of May! We are all very excited to go back. What a magical place!! They were just building the putt putt area when we there.

We donate to GKTW all the time. What a wonderful place. We will be brining our Mayor Clayton doll with us!!!!

We are also visiting (next week). I emailed them and they said the same thing - no need to bring any proof of your former stay - just stop by the desk.

Susan

We are seriously considering moving to Florida!
I'd like to volunteer there -- this thread reminded me of that goal!

Linda

We were so impressed with it when we stayed in 2003 that I actually looked into the housing market while we were there. Maybe someday . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter