Visiting Orlando for concert would like to visit downtown disney.

50sjayne

DIS Veteran
Hi you guys thought I'd post here since I know all you disney people are the best--I'm a reg at Disneyland and on the DIS. Here's my situation. I'm flying into Orlando at 5:45 A.M. (hopefully right lol) on a red eye from Portland Oregon. As soon as I can get my car situated I'd like to drive to downtown Disney and just check it out, eat something. My hotel check in isn't until 3pm but being an airport hotel I know they'll probably let me check in early. I'm then driving to Clearwater for concert #1. Then my next concert is at the Beacham the next night in Orlando. I wish I could go to Disneyworld but I have been before (as a teen) and am going to Disneyland later in Sept. :-) My question is Downtown Disney fairly easy to access and park. I know there's 2 hour free parking. Any tips would be appreciated. If there's already some discussion on this somewhere else I'd be happy to check it out, not sure if this is the right place. Thanks Susan.

Hi you guys thought I'd post here since I know all you disney people are the best--I'm a reg at Disneyland and on the DIS. Here's my situation. I'm flying into Orlando at 5:45 A.M. (hopefully right lol) on a red eye from Portland Oregon. As soon as I can get my car situated I'd like to drive to downtown Disney and just check it out, eat something. My hotel check in isn't until 3pm but being an airport hotel I know they'll probably let me check in early. I'm then driving to Clearwater for concert #1. Then my next concert is at the Beacham the next night in Orlando. I wish I could go to Disneyworld but I have been before (as a teen) and am going to Disneyland later in Sept. :-) My question is Downtown Disney fairly easy to access and park. I know there's 2 hour free parking. Any tips would be appreciated. If there's already some discussion on this somewhere else I'd be happy to check it out, not sure if this is the right place. Thanks Susan.

They changed the name of the area formerly known as "Downtown Disney" to "Disney Springs" (DS) a couple of years ago.

There are two new GIANT parking structures at DS (similar to the parking structures at Disneyland.)

Lots of places to eat.
Look at the many lists you can find on-line and take your pick.

Disney springs is super easy to get to and park. There's two big parking garages that tell you where there's open spots. And parking is free, there's no 2 hour parking or paying to park unless you want to valet

Disney springs is super easy to get to and park. There's two big parking garages that tell you where there's open spots. And parking is free, there's no 2 hour parking or paying to park unless you want to valet
--oh cool thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter