• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visiting resorts

thats_so_pj

Earning My Ears
Are hitting all the resorts in one day doable. Want to just have a short walk through most of them see how they all look like on one of my none park days.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish while there and what would constitute a "visit". There's 18 regular resort hotels, not including the DVC Properties that aren't already at a resort, like Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Then you have to factor in transportation and parking time, and the majority are not within walking distance of each other.

It doesn't really sound doable or fun, really.

We did some resort hopping at christmas time...got to WL (our resort) around 12 left around 2. Made it to Grand Floridian, Contemporary and POFQ. So from 2-5pm only made it to 3. We also took time looking at everything because it was Christmas and the decorations were very cool. Transportation was a key things to why we didn't get many in...but that again I didn't need to go to all of them just to really big ones.

I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish while there and what would constitute a "visit". There's 18 regular resort hotels, not including the DVC Properties that aren't already at a resort, like Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Then you have to factor in transportation and parking time, and the majority are not within walking distance of each other.

It doesn't really sound doable or fun, really.

Guess we all have a different opinion on what is or isn't fun.

Add to the fact that, well let's face it, not every resort is worth traveling to. I stayed at the Port Orleans a while back and there's nothing special about that place. I could see going to the new Art of Animation to walk around (maybe) or dine at Artist Point at Fort Wilderness. If you want to do a resort crawl, I'd suggest the three connected to the monorail: Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian especially with planning on dining. The other one to visit might be the Beach Club/Yacht Club with a reservation to Beaches and Cream for a Kitchen Sink with friends. The BC/YC is within walking distance from the back of Epcot, so it can fit into your plans without a lot of traveling assuming you were planning to go to Epcot anyway.

Keep in mind that you cannot use the pools unless you are actually staying at the resorts. Other than eating, there's really not much to be gained by visiting them.

I would imagine, with a car, and purely to have walked through all of them in one day, it is achievable.
I kind of get it, as an impulse to have a complete set of x experience. It's not my thing, but, my DS would for sure get a sense of achievement.

I bet you could tag them all in a day if you had a car. Might be more fun to break it up over 2-3 days and give yourself something to complete in a future trip. I get the impulse, though.

It's doable, but you won't see much of each resort. Many of the resorts are very large, and very spread out (SSR and OKW are more the size of a subdivision than a typical hotel). Much of Fort Wilderness isn't even reachable by car, you'll need to either boat in from MK, CR or WL or take internal buses by the parking lot.

If all you're aiming for is a quick walk through the lobby of each resort, I'd say it's possible.

I personally would only be bothered about seeing the really "special" resorts so would stick to just the Deluxes. You could have a walk round the Boardwalk and the hotels in that area in the morning, then go for a monorail ride round those resorts in the afternoon, have a nice boat ride over to Wilderness Lodge for a drink. Then go to animal kingdom lodge for an evening meal!

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked but can you visit other pools. For example, if we are at Poly but wanted to check out Beach Club's pool, can we? I know maybe not to go for a full swim but can we walk around and check it out or is there a gate you go through for beach club patrons only?

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked but can you visit other pools. For example, if we are at Poly but wanted to check out Beach Club's pool, can we? I know maybe not to go for a full swim but can we walk around and check it out or is there a gate you go through for beach club patrons only?
There is a pool perimeter and CM's checking resort ids.

You can look at it from afar, but not from the pool deck. You won't be able to enter the gated area.

With a car it would be doable - all day and evening would be sufficient time to park, hit the lobby and main common area outside and see the pool...then on to the next one. A year ago we did a Christmas tour of hotels on a non-park day - took a pic of each lobby with the trees - lot of fun, actually:) I do agree that if it is busy, you may have trouble parking (esp. at the monorail hotels) without an ADR - they have cracked down on that more recently.

With a car it would be doable - all day and evening would be sufficient time to park, hit the lobby and main common area outside and see the pool...then on to the next one. A year ago we did a Christmas tour of hotels on a non-park day - took a pic of each lobby with the trees - lot of fun, actually:) I do agree that if it is busy, you may have trouble parking (esp. at the monorail hotels) without an ADR - they have cracked down on that more recently.

But for those monorail, you could just park at TTC and monorail to them?

We love visiting the resorts and I'm sure you could visit each one seeing you have a car. We love the resorts and hang out at them for quite some time. We love POFQ and POR - each resort has night time entertainment in the bar/lounge and we could sit for hours just enjoying the music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter