Visitors allowed?

KateDrake

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

Planning to visit family next month and interested in doing a little "vacation from vacation" to experience Aulani. My mother-in-law is kama 'aina and will still want to visit with her grandkids while we are there, but of course we would like to stay and enjoy the resort. So my question is, can she come hang out with us during the day? Can she use the facilities if she is our guest? Or is there some sort of day use fee?

There is no day pass at Aulani.

She will be able to visit your room, shop and can eat at some locations. As of December, sit-down restaurants were reserved for guests only.

She won't be able to use the lounge chairs near the pool/beach, take pics with the characters, participate in activities (what few they have) or access any of the water features. Disney is VERY STRICT about the pool policy and is constantly monitoring for wrist bands.

Is your room at max capacity? Even though she's not staying overnight, you can add her to your reservation so she can get a wristband.

I am going to second this. We saw numerous people be told that they could not be there because they were not guests. Disney cast members are polite but firm about this. The pools already get so crowded, can you imagine if they allowed none paying guests to just come and use the facilities. You can stay on the beach, but your MIL will not be able to use Aulani chairs. Good news is that the beach is huge and you guys can hang out in another area. You will still be close to Aulani to go and get food, etc.

Is your room at max capacity? Even though she's not staying overnight, you can add her to your reservation so she can get a wristband.
Just to add to this, I would add her day-of when she will be visiting. If you already have at least 2 adults that are 18+ in your room, adding her will incur extra persons charges (depending on room type). Adding her only to the days she will be there will help avoid paying more than necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter