Visually impaired son....

IandGsmom

Just another crazy Disney lady
Will Disney do anything about visual impairment.
I am worried about parades and shows. One son of mine can not see very far away and am wondering if there is anything they can and will do to help us.
Also who would I contact about this?

Speak to Guest Relations immediately upon entering the first park you visit. They are the location for all services for guests with disabilities.

Besides visiting Guest Service in the parks, here's a link to the Guest Services page from the official Disney website. There isn't a lot of information about guests with vision disabilities, but it does have general disability information.
My one hint is to keep in mind that guests traveling in wheelchairs or ecvs are often seated in the back for shows, so don't follow the people with wheelchairs unless the CM at the show directs you to. We've been in some shows where guests with visual disabilities got into arguements with the CM because they insisted they had a "right" to be with the wheelchairs when the CM was just trying to make sure they didn't end up in the back row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter