Vivo Italian Kitchen or Mama Della's Ristorante

wildflower

Mouseketeer
Our family wants to eat an Italian meal during our stay at Universal. We'll be staying at PBH, so Mama Della's will be right there, but we'll also be going back and forth to the parks/Citywalk all the time, so Vivo Italian Kitchen would be convenient also. I've looked at the menus, and they both look great. Mama Della's looks like it's a bit more expensive overall. Which one would you recommend? Any favorite menu items from either?

I've only been to Vivo and it was great. They have a 14 inch cannoli with two pounds of cream for just about $12. It is huge. The pasta to me was seemed overcooked but it is fresh made pasta. I've never had fresh pasta before.

Mama Dellas was amazing. I found the atmosphere to be magical with the opera singers and food was impressive!

Only been to Vivo's, but it was great, and affordable (family of 5 here; we do splurge on vacation, but I also try not to go overboard :D )

I will tell you, my kids and husband are all picky, and we are all snackers...small meals or we split meals and snack throughout the day. So, my husband ordered chicken parm (the only thing he ever orders in an italian restaurant), older two boys ordered a sausage sauced pasta (can't remember the name), youngest ordered a cheese pizza from the kids meal. I, being a really adventurous eater and seeing the sizes of the meals, ordered a small beet salad (only beet lover in the family) Thinking, there's no way the 4 of them can eat these 3 large meals...it never happens.

DH polished off every bite of his (felt rather full after, but he said it was amazing), older boys were wiping the sauce from the plate with the complimentary bread, and my youngest (that's usually full after 4 chicken nuggets and a small order of fries at McDs) ate all but one slice.

Thankfully, I still had half my nachos from Margaritaville in the hotel mini fridge :D

I will say, I've only heard good things about Mama Della's...just wanted to share our experience of Vivo's. Either way, I don't think there's a bad choice IMO.

Now I want to eat at both! You can never have too much Italian...

Mama Dellas was amazing. I found the atmosphere to be magical with the opera singers and food was impressive!

Can you hear the opera singers in Mama Dellas? Don't they sing outside? Or maybe you just meant the overall atmosphere at the resort eating Italian food and listening to opera singers...

There's a singer in Mama Dellas too. He roves around, and I think he takes requests.

I have only eaten at Mama Dellas but it was REALLY good. It tasted homemade, fresh and their Penne Vodka was legit...

Now I want to eat at both! You can never have too much Italian...

Can you hear the opera singers in Mama Dellas? Don't they sing outside? Or maybe you just meant the overall atmosphere at the resort eating Italian food and listening to opera singers...
Sorry for delay in response, but yes they had a female and male singing opera and taking requests when we were there. We did pay them a tip and it was beautiful!

We ate at both on our trip!

I liked Vivo better, but both are worth going to as they have different styles and atmosphere.

We went to Mama Dellas once and had a fantasic meal, but we went back recently, and had a terrible meal. The server was rude, and the food wasn't very good. I've heard Vivo is good though, we've never been but it's defintely something we'd love to try. It seems like it might be better and a little cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter