VLOGGERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't necessarily want people to know that we're not at home. That's just stupid. Maybe I should just put a sign in the front yard - "We're away for a week; help yourself"

Not sure I'm understanding this... you think a burglar will recognize you in a vlog, know your address, and break into your house?

I'm typically clueless about this stuff so I probably would have no idea how to spot one.. I heard the first day at F&W they were all over.. In all my visits I wonder how many I crossed path with and/or was part of their video... I guess it really doesn't bother me then I guess.... as long as I wasn't picking my nose or something... :). With that said I'll bet they have some really interesting and funny shots that they only noticed as part of their editing process.....

The first day of anything is usually filled with vloggers. I'm looking forward to watching all of the coverage of the opening night of Boo Bash soon! I often see people photobombing the vloggers as they're walking and filming themselves. Waving in the background or making silly faces. lol

My teen tries to get in them lol. We were in some food vlog once (background). I forget who she was but she goes all over trying lots of different foods in one place (not just Disney but we saw her in studios). We stalked her until she took a break and my daughter talked to her. She stalked Molly from allears on Instagram live and we had to literally run across the park and got in line right behind her for safari. It was fun watching her talk on her vlog all the way through the line. We were only briefly on camera and she was thrilled to be able to say hi to Molly. Luckily I don’t think she knew we literally ran full on to catch her. We would love to see Dev and Nathan from paging Mr Morrow but have not yet. We did see Tim and Jenn when she was pregnant at the first Villains after hours but they were not on camera when we talked to them. Also saw Brock and Promise at Pop when they were still a couple but they were not filming at the time. This was right after Toy story land opened. She has a goal to see a vlogger that she knows every trip. We didn’t see anyone last trip. Maybe next time lol

Thanks for sharing! Most of you answered about the vloggers walking around the parks. I'm also wondering how you feel about the dining part. Paging Mr. Morrow and Super Enthused (love them both BTW) vlog all the time in restaurants, often meeting up with other vloggers and enjoying a LOT of adult beverages. Those of you who know them also know that Nate has a loud (infectious) laugh. Would it impact your dining experience, especially if your alone with your partner enjoying a "quiet" dinner (a break from the parks and youngsters' meltdowns we ALL need during a Disney trip) together and listening to a play-by-play about the bread service, beer, appetizer....how to EAT the appetizer, etc......?? Thanks for sharing!

Not sure I'm understanding this... you think a burglar will recognize you in a vlog, know your address, and break into your house?

The first day of anything is usually filled with vloggers. I'm looking forward to watching all of the coverage of the opening night of Boo Bash soon! I often see people photobombing the vloggers as they're walking and filming themselves. Waving in the background or making silly faces. lol
Yes, I wear my home address and phone number in bold, block print on my tee-shirt so that if I get lost, someone will know where I belong.

Doesn't bother me as long as they're considerate of others (same as any other park guest).

Filming fireworks or a dark ride on an ipad should earn you an expulsion from the parks.

Some of the streamers I've watched will stand all the way at the back to get everything in the shot. That doesnt seem like too much of a big deal to me.

Don't necessarily want people to know that we're not at home. That's just stupid. Maybe I should just put a sign in the front yard - "We're away for a week; help yourself"

I mean what are the odds of someone from your area watching the live feed at the same time you're down there? Also I'm sure people would eventually get the hint that you're not home if they notice there's no activity going on, lol.

We're constantly on the lookout for the vloggers we subscribe to! We met Tim Tracker last year and when we got home we were looking at his videos for the weeks and saw a couple of our party walking down the sidewalk in the background. We thought it was pretty cool!

I have extremely opposing feelings. I watch them often when I am home (especially since Covid) and enjoy seeing the parks when I can't be there. However, I find that I like the ones that do the least amount of talking now and just show the parks. I'm tired of hearing all the food reviews and opinions as if they are gospel. (DFB and DIS Dining excluded) Different people like different things, and who are they to say what's what anyway?

As far as seeing them in the parks, I don't mind as long as they aren't creating traffic by standing there filming (granted, regular people with cell phones do this too and it annoys the crap me! - MOVE OVER!) As far as being filmed, I don't mind for me personally, mostly because I rarely give notice to the people in the crowds in videos. However, I would likely feel different if it was my children or other underage family members. If that was the case, I would just politely ask them not to, or else move out of frame if I can.

My biggest pet peeve recently is I began to notice that when one of the more well-known vloggers features something specific, suddenly ALL the other vloggers will feature it. I really dislike this copycat vlogging just because Disney is one of those things that you can always find something new and original to show, or at the very least, show something different than everyone else on any given day. It just seems so lazy to me. The day Trail's End opened was a good example.... I mean how many vlogs is someone going to watch about the same skillet meal? I know I'm being petty, as its something that I get for free and keeps my spirits up when I'm not at the park, but if I was trying to make a career (or at least a decent side gig) vlogging, I would at least try to stand out from everyone else.

I've met Tim Tracker and Jenn in Disney Springs, and Molly from AllEars in MK. Both were nice and seemed appreciative of the acknowledgement, but I also waited until they weren't filming. I saw other people go up to them while they were and you could see it was a bit frustrating for them. lol

Last edited:
ok dumb question - is a vlogger the same as a youtuber? Embarrassing to ask here but when I ask my teen boys they just roll their eyes....

yes, its basically the evolution of words and their meaning

The word Blogger evolved during the early years of the internet going mainstream in the late 1990's early 2000 to mean someone who wrote an online diary, a Web Log.

When YouTube became mainstream and creating online video content became popular the word Vlog evolved, as in Video Log.

YouTube is just the biggest and most high profile video content sharing platform, so people who regularly create video content and monetize it have become known as YouTubers.

A Vlogger usually just uploads video content to YouTube and they will have other social media channels such as Instagram or TikTok.

A Blogger will usually have a website and social media and focus more on written website content, than video content.

When we were at Epcot one evening in early June, we got stuck behind some vlogger who I don't recognize. The guy was doing a livestream the entire time we were in the Frozen ride queue. At the time, you were still supposed to do social distancing in queues. On top of that, a group of 4 very very loud people were behind us and they were so close that they kept bumping into my back side. I finally had enough and offered for them to go ahead in front of us and the rest of the time, the 4 loudmouths were all up the vlogger's rear end, too.

Thankfully, we did not end up in a boat with either the vlogger or the loudmouths. The vlogger asked to be placed in the front row, so he waited a little for that.

Thanks for sharing! Most of you answered about the vloggers walking around the parks. I'm also wondering how you feel about the dining part. Paging Mr. Morrow and Super Enthused (love them both BTW) vlog all the time in restaurants, often meeting up with other vloggers and enjoying a LOT of adult beverages. Those of you who know them also know that Nate has a loud (infectious) laugh. Would it impact your dining experience, especially if your alone with your partner enjoying a "quiet" dinner (a break from the parks and youngsters' meltdowns we ALL need during a Disney trip) together and listening to a play-by-play about the bread service, beer, appetizer....how to EAT the appetizer, etc......?? Thanks for sharing!

I would have to say it would depend upon the restaurant. Not so much the ones in the parks or the more casual ones in the resorts, but I might find it annoying if I was at a resort signature dining restaurant paying top dollar. Its funny that you mention SE and PMM. Recently they went to the opening of O'hana's and were invited to sit at the table with a group because they didn't have reservations. Of course you only see what they edit down in the videos, but it looked like they had their cameras out the entire meal and the group who had invited them seemed to feel awkward. Again, its an edited video, but I can't help think after watching it that its likely not a great experience.

I would have to say it would depend upon the restaurant. Not so much the ones in the parks or the more casual ones in the resorts, but I might find it annoying if I was at a signature dining restaurant paying top dollar. Its funny that you mention SE and PMM. Recently they went to the opening of O'hana's and were invited to sit at the table with a group because they didn't have reservations. Of course you only see what they edit down in the videos, but it looked like they had their cameras out the entire meal and the group who had invited them looked as if that was awkward for them. Again, its an edited video, but I can't help think after watching it that it likely would not be a great experience.
LOL....we saw that, too! That family was super nice to do that!

I will admit to looking back at some old PMM vids for the last time we were at WDW to see if we appeared in the background of any of them! :rotfl2:

For personal reasons I would rather not even be in the background of any vids these days, but I realise when we are finally allowed to visit WDW again (from the UK) there's a good chance it will happen.

I'm typically clueless about this stuff so I probably would have no idea how to spot one.. I heard the first day at F&W they were all over.. In all my visits I wonder how many I crossed path with and/or was part of their video... I guess it really doesn't bother me then I guess.... as long as I wasn't picking my nose or something... :). With that said I'll bet they have some really interesting and funny shots that they only noticed as part of their editing process.....

Lol, I avoided the first day of Flower and Garden this year for that very reason! I went the second day. Not one vlogger spotted.

yes, its basically the evolution of words and their meaning

The word Blogger evolved during the early years of the internet going mainstream in the late 1990's early 2000 to mean someone who wrote an online diary, a Web Log.

When YouTube became mainstream and creating online video content became popular the word Vlog evolved, as in Video Log.

YouTube is just the biggest and most high profile video content sharing platform, so people who regularly create video content and monetize it have become known as YouTubers.

A Vlogger usually just uploads video content to YouTube and they will have other social media channels such as Instagram or TikTok.

A Blogger will usually have a website and social media and focus more on written website content, than video content.

OK - makes sense now. Thank you!!! I'm off my feet with a knee surgery for a bit, so I have more time lately than normal. I dont want to hijack this thread - but are there some VLoggers that Y'all suggest I follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter