VLOGGERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hello Friends" :P

I'm just wondering how you all feel about the influx of "vloggers" lately in the parks and restaurants. Do you mind being captured in their videos? Does it disturb your dining? Just curious.....
We watch a lot of them, no surprise, since we are on this board. However, it does make me chuckle to see them walking around with the camera pointing at them.
We were enjoying NYE at SeaWorld, and had found a very nice spot where the kids could chillax and we could eat and drink. We ended up having 2 separate popular vloggers share space with us. They were as nice as we expected, very gracious, and they did their best to not get people into shots if possible.

That being said, if I was in a nice restaurant and they were next to me, it might get annoying, especially since these folks often travel in pairs and are shooting 2 vlogs.

I have been following the thread and have watched my fair share of Vloggers. The Trackers (imho) are getting the heat they deserve. If you are in doubt, go look up the videos that are in question. Presently, I tend to watch Molly consistently the most. I like Kyle and Jo Jo and have no issues with them, Molly is way more informed and up to date. DFB is always spot on for food information. I will say that for whatever reason the Vloggers that I just cant watch are Hear with the Ears. Nothing personal I am sure they are awesome people,

Adam the Woo also got into major trouble with the Company (and Universal) and has been consistent in his poor park etiquette. My only critique of Nate is that he really needs to stop vlogging while ON the rides, because you can see people giving him stink faces in some of the dark rides for talking to the camera and disrupting. As much as I enjoy Nate's channel, that reeeeally grinds my gears, so I skip through the ride aspects of his videos so not to sour my opinion of him.
ResortTV1 are very good about playing it low key while on rides. I appreciate the lack of running commentary.

We've seen vloggers around often and for the most part don't think they are intrusive at all. We enjoy running into our favorites and saying Hi! The one time we were there and found it to be annoying at all was during the first Halloween party in 2019 (I think it was 2019). It was bad weather, it was already crowded, and every single vlogger alive was there it seems. I might have been annoyed if I had been there for the reopening of Trader Sam's. But on a regular day, they just blend in.

I do love having all that content though for the periods of time between my trips, so I guess I can't complain!

ResortTV1 are very good about playing it low key while on rides. I appreciate the lack of running commentary.

Agreed on that, I LOVE how ResortTV1 conducts their live streaming. It's the reason I subscribed when streaming was all the rage in the beginning openings from lockdown.

One of the reasons I like Molly, Quincy, and Breedlove from AllEars is the fact that they seem very unintrusive, especially on rides. They may film on a ride, but rarely ever talk while on it. I also love how well informed they all are. Even when they are playing a game (they do scavenger hunt type games), they throw on lots of useful info and tidbits. And I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found myself laughing out loud at their videos.

One of the reasons I like Molly, Quincy, and Breedlove from AllEars is the fact that they seem very unintrusive, especially on rides. They may film on a ride, but rarely ever talk while on it. I also love how well informed they all are. Even when they are playing a game (they do scavenger hunt type games), they throw on lots of useful info and tidbits. And I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found myself laughing out loud at their videos.

Us too! They are fun and educational. After numerous trips we still find new stuff we did not know about watching them.

We saw Rick from Rick Flix, one of the Universal vloggers last month in Diagon Alley. My 15 yr old son was so excited and kept waking back in forth in the shot but my 17 yr old DD daughter wanted nothing to do it and ran way out of the way so she wouldn’t be on camera. He was live streaming and chatting with people and I tried to get my family to go over but DD was fighting it so we just hung back. It’s funny, in the video you can see DS and DH inching closer but DD is shaking her head no and hurrying out of the shot. Lol

I don’t mind though as long as they aren’t intrusive but that’s been our only experience with one so far.

Ok, I was just having a conversation about this on another post. I met the Trackers this past June coming out of the Uggs store in Disney Springs. How I noticed them was I saw a baby in a stroller come out the door first and said "My god, that baby looks just like Jackson!" and sure enough Tim came out the door pushing the stroller and Jenn and some friends followed, and I went over and said Hi. Now personally, I admit, I love seeing Jackson in the videos. I think he is adorable and does seem like a happy baby, but it did get me thinking afterwards that I had recognized Jackson very, very quickly, and it left me with a somewhat bad taste in my mouth as there are a lot of sickos in this world.

If you do a quick search in Google with their names, you can easily find a gossip site that has literally HUNDREDS of pages dedicated to bashing the Trackers. Horrible, horrible, truly mean stuff. Not only that, but people have outted their real last name, home address and one post actually threatened physical harm to the baby. (The moderators reported it to the police, thankfully) This was all under a quick glance at the page, not even a thorough read through. I would NEVER tell other people how to raise their kids, I do feel it is their choice as his parents to do what they want, but honestly it would not be something I would do personally if it was my child. I would just be too scared. Plus, I remember thinking the same thing years ago watching the Osbournes, even with their kids being older. I just felt being under 18, they didn't really have the full scope of what being in that spotlight meant. I don't think the Trackers are exploiting Jackson, he seems well loved and healthy, but yeh, I do hope it doesn't create issues for the kid as he gets older.
It so funny you say this because we saw them in Universal in December and it happened the same way. We saw a baby in a stroller who looked like their son and sure enough it was him! Tim was pushing him and Jen a few steps behind. I probably won't have even noticed them without seeing Jackson.

We've lucked up and met so many of the vloggers - big and small. They have all been friendly for the most part. Resort TV1 kinda brushed us off but I didn't take it personal, they were focusing on their live stream.

I photobombed Resort TV1 in Nov 2020.... It was the first time we saw a vlogger vlogging and I was so excited I didnt know what to do... lol

We ended up meeting (from See ya Reel Soon) Ashley and Dennis that trip too, but they werent filming at the time because Joe and Lee were on a ride. My girls and I was absolutely giddy meeting them, they were the channel that got us into the disney vlogs!

Stop hogging limited resources (Boarding Groups, ADRs, Park Passes, Fast Passes), though Disney should be doing something about this too.

AMEN! I absolutely believe we will start to see some sort of limitations on this (AP holders) in the next year or two. AP holders are NOT where Disney makes their money and regular guests are beyond tired of not being able to even get on a ride once . When a family can't even get on a ride in the span of 1+ years and multiple trips, yet AP holders are riding numerous times a day/week there IS an issue. And people are finally waking up to it and putting the heat on Disney.

As for all of this question about their parenting, I really have to take issue with it. As viewers we have NO idea what type of daycare or playgroups he's a part of. We only see what's on camera and how much time is that really? It might seem like they drag the kid to the parks 5 days a week but I really doubt that. Maybe he's there one day a week? That's six other days for him to be doing all of the things non-vlogger children do.

Agreed. Honestly, I could care less about their kid. Glad they were finally able to have a child and all but I didn't subscribe to them to watch their kid. I subscribed to watch their theme park content. Tim is VERY good at what he does but I couldn't give a rats **** about their home vlogs, their kid, their personal family vacations....al 27 of them each year......and the like. That's why I stopped watching them. There are so many more appreciative people out there would would want my views/comments AND I don't have to watch their kid.

I have been following the thread and have watched my fair share of Vloggers. The Trackers (imho) are getting the heat they deserve. If you are in doubt, go look up the videos that are in question. Presently, I tend to watch Molly consistently the most. I like Kyle and Jo Jo and have no issues with them, Molly is way more informed and up to date. DFB is always spot on for food information. I will say that for whatever reason the Vloggers that I just cant watch are Hear with the Ears. Nothing personal I am sure they are awesome people,

What heat do they deserve exactly? If it's anything to do with the kid, that's not a valid reason.

Seen quite a few I can only assume are vloggers... or people having a really involved facetime call :confused3

DH and DD ran into Molly last night while DSx2 and I were in American Adventure (which broke down before the finale bbbooo) and he said hi. He said she seemed in a rush but did pause briefly to say hi and thanks for watching. He was quite excited haha.

Add this to seeing Gino and family and Meghan the Safari driver during our Animal Kingdom morning and it was a star studded day :goodvibes

AMEN! I absolutely believe we will start to see some sort of limitations on this (AP holders) in the next year or two. AP holders are NOT where Disney makes their money and regular guests are beyond tired of not being able to even get on a ride once . When a family can't even get on a ride in the span of 1+ years and multiple trips, yet AP holders are riding numerous times a day/week there IS an issue. And people are finally waking up to it and putting the heat on Disney.

Agreed. Honestly, I could care less about their kid. Glad they were finally able to have a child and all but I didn't subscribe to them to watch their kid. I subscribed to watch their theme park content. Tim is VERY good at what he does but I couldn't give a rats **** about their home vlogs, their kid, their personal family vacations....al 27 of them each year......and the like. That's why I stopped watching them. There are so many more appreciative people out there would would want my views/comments AND I don't have to watch their kid.

Just curious - how exactly are AP holders getting to ride something numerous times in one day? What perk do they have that allows this? I don't think lumping vloggers and AP holders together is quite the right move here.

how exactly are AP holders getting to ride something numerous times in one day?

The same as anyone else who is there frequently? If you are AT the park frequently, with only a few exceptions, you can ride the rides as much as you want? It's always been that way.

I don't think lumping vloggers and AP holders together is quite the right move here.

I do not know a single Disney vlogger who is not an AP holder. They couldn't vlog in the parks regularly if they paid for single day tickets all the time. Thus, the lump of the two. I did it that way because its not just the vloggers hogging up the lines (virtual or not), it's AP holders in general.

Don't necessarily want people to know that we're not at home. That's just stupid. Maybe I should just put a sign in the front yard - "We're away for a week; help yourself"
By the time that video footage is edited and posted you will be home and planning your next trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter