VMK Central in WDW - out of pirate wells

BriarRosie

<font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl
I wanted to share with you all something that my friend Gracie reported
to me this morning. She was in WDW for the NFFC convention, and
she went to VMK Central looking to do the Pirate quest.

When she asked (it was either Friday or Saturday, I can't recall which day
she told me) the cast member at VMK Central where the Pirate quest cards
were, she found out that the stack of 500 cards put out that day were gone
much sooner than expected.

Apparently when the CM turned their back, someone took the majority of
the quest cards. So yes, I am appalled that someone would take so many
wells for themselves and leave nothing for those who only wish to get one
well, one pirate room. I didn't think anything was wrong with people taking
maybe 5 well cards. But over 50? That's greed.

Gracie was able to go to the Pirates attraction gift shop for a pirate quest
card, and she was able to get her room. I think the pirate shop is being
more vigilant giving those out.

But as far as she was told, there were no more Pirate quest cards at
VMK Central. (She even asked if they had extra stock "in back" and the
answer was "No.")

wow that's totally absurd that someone would take that many.. I'm appalled and have no further words on this.. :sad2:

There are people who prowl the places that have cards, and take them all when the opportunity presents itself.

Especially the Buzz Lightyear photo counter at Magic Kingdom - there are cards just stacked there at the counter with no one watching over them, and people just help themselves to the entire stacks. I know of people who have obtained hundreds of Wanted Poster cards this way.

I've notified Disney security to watch for this kind of thing.

That is just insanity. Who in their right mind would WANT that many in the first place...and who would want to take so many away from players? It's the world as we know it and even virtually...it doesn't get any better. :sad2:

Heh. I took em.

JK, but this is really cruel to other VMK players. Why do people even wnat that many codes? Thier fingers will hurt eventually.

ElectricLime said:
They can be sold on eBay for real money.

It really is a sad thing...the way people can be sometimes. Money becomes everything and is all that ever really matters in the eyes of so many people and it makes me sick.

ElectricLime said:
There are people who prowl the places that have cards, and take them all when the opportunity presents itself.

Especially the Buzz Lightyear photo counter at Magic Kingdom - there are cards just stacked there at the counter with no one watching over them, and people just help themselves to the entire stacks. I know of people who have obtained hundreds of Wanted Poster cards this way.

I've notified Disney security to watch for this kind of thing.

LOL.. security.. I bet security found that funny too.

Normally 4 out of 5 encounters with Zurg, I ask the CM behind the desk, "Hey can I have some VMK cards?!" I'm normally extremely excited when asking. "Sure" is their response. Everytime. I wouldn't be surprised if they recognize me by now. After the comforting "sure", I then proceed to help myself to about a 2 inch stack of the free indulgence.. everytime. Right in front of them.

Anyone who knows me or has been to - Virtual Disney World Quests - within VMK knows that I'm almost like a Robin Hood as every poster goes back into my kiosks and into VMK. I can't say I'm Robin Hood though, because you can't steal what's free.

In the end, does that give me an unfair advantage over other quest hosters? No. Am I playing VMK the way VMK wants me to? You bet! With each VMK-related WDW venture, I normally fork out an average of about $125.00 within the parks. It's people who play the game in the same manor that produce VMK induced profit for Disney, and are the same reason why the game is able to be free, for you.

But I can admit, if the parks weren't so close, I wouldn't have much interest in playing as it would be more difficult to play the way it's meant to be.

:wave:

EDIT: taking too many pirate wells.. I agree, that's wrong. My last trip I was happy to see they were giving them out like the at-home print ups, they'll give you just 1.

Not only who wants that many, but who has time to enter 50+ codes and trade them.. selling them for money is clearly stated, against VMK values, i believe it's second or third on the list..

That's just wrong! I was just at Disney World on the 25th & 26th and there were no pirate quest cards out. They were kept behind the counter in a drawer. I asked the CM if they still had the Pirate quest and they told me yes and gave me 2. One for each in my party. Why are there always bad apples that ruin it for the rest of us? GRRR

On a side note, I had no problems with the computers there. All the keys were readable. Encountered fabulous CM's the first day and a grumpy one the second. LOL

Aren't the cards at DLR more protected? If so, that's a point against WDW (I'm slightly biased, it would seem... ;) )

Raccyn said:
That's just wrong! I was just at Disney World on the 25th & 26th and there were no pirate quest cards out. They were kept behind the counter in a drawer. I asked the CM if they still had the Pirate quest and they told me yes and gave me 2. One for each in my party. Why are there always bad apples that ruin it for the rest of us? GRRR

On a side note, I had no problems with the computers there. All the keys were readable. Encountered fabulous CM's the first day and a grumpy one the second. LOL

I was there at the same time and they were indeed in the drawer and they would only give out one per person. The CM told me they were running really low at that time.

Mal, wish I would have known you were there at the same time! Might have even passed you on the way in or out of VMK Central. LOL Or, were you the one next to me turning in the free 5x7 photo at guest relations in Animal Kingdom for the Everest pic? Hehe! That guy had a pile of them laying there. I should have said something to whomever that woman was, but time was ticking! 2 days, 3 parks, (missed MGM, no time) and my feet...ARRRGH! Gettin' old stinks! LOL Had a fabulous time, you? :-)

when i went i only got 6 cards and gave the wells to my friends on vmk but if they take that many thats just redicluose(sp?)

This is exactly what happened the last time we went to MK. There were no more cards in VMK Central and we had to go to the Pirates shop to get them. Unfortunately some greedy person took all the cards in the shop and we had to go through a lot to get the few cards we did get. I think it is sad. That is why Disney has to be so strict when giving out the cards. A few bad apples do spoil everything for everyone. Well, what goes around comes around.

We went today and we thought about heading to MK because my daughter wants to create a male character since she figured out there were outfits she can't get with her female character. We ran out of time because of the Food & Wine Festival. I sort of wish we had gone now.

Great, just great! We missed the Pirate Quest by only a few days in July. My mom and some relatives leave today and she said she would stop by and get me some cards. I can't believe they will not be able to get any. Hopefully they will get a new supply before the end of the week but I cannot believe that a handful of people would take that many.

Unfortunately, those of us that live far from the parks only have the chance to get some of the items during our visits, which may only be once a year.

I was at VMK central about 7 last night and had to ask for the cards. The lady was very nice. I asked for 6 cards and she gave them to me. She then asked if I needed any copies of the other quests Like High School Musical and Tomorrowland quest forms...

I asked about the PIrate cards at the end of the Pirate ride and no one seemed to know whre they were....

I had no issues getting the Pirate cards at VMK central yesterday, early afternoon -- They were behind the counter, I asked the CM and she handed me 2 or 3. The other cards are all still out and they had PLENTY of the well cards, they were just doling them out rather than leaving them in the bin like candy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter