VMK eschatology

ElectricLime

As seen on VMK
I just wanted to float a thought out here: Do not expect to be able to log on to VMK on its final day. My guess is that the place will be packed, and also that there will inevitably be some idiots out there trying to crash the site by flooding it with network traffic. I wouldn't be surprised if performance on the final evening goes from bad to terrible, and then the game crashes, and then the staff has trouble bringing it back and decides to give up early.

May 21, the closing date, is a Wednesday. It might be a better idea to have a VMK going-away party online on the previous Saturday or Sunday evening, to say goodbye in style before the place gets completely insane.

Now, on the brighter side of things: I am hoping that the VMK staff decide to let us enjoy the final days. Bring back all the rare stuff in the stores, for cheap! Give everyone a five-star Flying Carpet magic! And a Treasure Detector pin for everybody that gives five thousand credits every time! And a Quest Machine for five credits, and make the Sword in the Stone pin and the YoHo treasure chest magics pull every time! May as well get rid of the limitations and just let everyone enjoy the riches. :)

It's also entirely possible that, due to cheaters and complainers, VMK will have HOSTs quietly start telling their friends that the game will actually shut down at noon on May 19, while we are all at school or work.

When i started to read about all the letters being written my first thought is they will just not open tomorrow. Im hoping Im wrong. I agree Im sure it will be harder and harder to sign in with their server issues. But I guees we have to try right?

We need to protest but with peace. Im sure it would be very easy to not turn on the server some morning than deal with riots and people rebelling against closing.

When i started to read about all the letters being written my first thought is they will just not open tomorrow. Im hoping Im wrong. I agree Im sure it will be harder and harder to sign in with their server issues. But I guees we have to try right?

We need to protest but with peace. Im sure it would be very easy to not turn on the server some morning than deal with riots and people rebelling against closing.

I'm not rioting. I'm sending them clear, calm messages.

Although, I agree that things will just go from bad to worse real quick. :sad2:

The esteemed citric current makes a valid point. Judging from the traffic during the lamentable Blackheart's Quest, May 21 is going to be like Main Street, USA on July 4. And while it might be a nifty thought to have Flying Carpet magic and others for all, that'll probably crash the servers, too. I don't have much faith in anything remarkable coming from VMK between now and the endgame date, mainly because it would really throw things off should they have a change of heart and allow everyone to start paying to play... not that I really think that'll happen, either, but if it were to happen and everyone had Treasure Detector magic, well, things would be really weird on the new $VMK. In the meantime, if you've ever wanted to get banned on VMK, what do you have to lose now? I wonder how much attempted anarchy we'll see in the next few weeks. The dictionary might be crippled to the point of unusability at times, but never underestimate an angry mob with nothing at stake.

hagen

It's also entirely possible that, due to cheaters and complainers, VMK will have HOSTs quietly start telling their friends that the game will actually shut down at noon on May 19, while we are all at school or work.

ROFL
That is all I can say...

If it gets too out of hand with people giving personalinformation in game (as I saw last night), this could VERY WELL happen.

I am surprised that they gave a month's notice. Please continue to respect values so that we can enjoy the days of Funville that remain. They could always pull the plug early if they feel "it necessary for online safety."

LOL Lime. It is funny you chose the word "eschatology", given what it really means. :rotfl:

As to your points, I think that Wednesday will be a mess. I also think that VMK should release everything so that everybody has a chance to own what they have never had.

Why, thank you. :) I learned the word 'eschatology', actually, as a Macintosh developer way back. When the computer crashes, the part of the operating system that makes a last-ditch effort to survive the end of the world long enough to throw up a meaningful message saying "I crashed and this is why" was called eschatology.

That is classic! Thank you for the laugh. :)

There is a precedent now. The pirate quest ended at noon instead of end of day.

But of course, Yavn will follow it up with a newsletter saying that we should be ashamed of ourselves and that's the reason why VMK closed two days early. ;)

My last day would actually be Tuesday because I leave for Washington DC on a school trip early Wednesday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter