VMK RUMOR : Not New

I have to add that the WDW Parks actually sell Webkinz. I found that funny since they could have made a ton off of VMK. Also, I was told that the Pixie game when that comes out, you will buy real items to get codes and such.

If you think about it, it prolly is true that there was no business plan, unfortunately. When the quest cards came out, which were free at the parks, I doubt Disney would have ever thought that people would be selling them on Ebay for the dollars they were. That could possibly be the real reason that it was stopped. Disney's failure to have a plan to make money from it, but possibly people who actually played the game with us and sold stuff. Who knows!

for an online game, 25,000 people is a very small number of players. but think about it- vmk really only received attention if you were a big disney fan, so of course one would play it. if it had received proper advertisement, i think it would have had a huge audience

ugh, not another one.

You guys can think it all you want, but VMK is not coming back. We need to move on and not get our hopes up at these false rumors. I'm tired of seeing kids who don't know better think it's actually coming back and then ending up disappointed.

ugh, not another one.

You guys can think it all you want, but VMK is not coming back. We need to move on and not get our hopes up at these false rumors. I'm tired of seeing kids who don't know better think it's actually coming back and then ending up disappointed.

Thanks, I don't know better so i'll just say this. I SAY IN THE THREAD TITLE "RUMOR" and only state that it is just believeable, no i'm not getting my hopes to high but can I have at least some. Most of the people on the boards before vmk closed, when vmk was questioned or ridiculed they would be the first to defend it, now after it closes they're the first to jump at you and basically scream it's not coming back and basically ridicule the person who said that. Rant Over.

I wish I could think this is true but, VMK as said to have been open for the 50th Celebration. I still do think the closing of VMK was sudden to us players and the employees of VMK. Remember how the DMR Prizes were added for a month or so then taken down; AND Yavn said there will be a BIG surprise on VMK's 3rd Birthday. But, at the begginning of 2008 I feared it would be the end to the kingdom. Since they were advertising Toontown, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and Club Penguin. It's never a good sign when a company does that. They are wanting more people to sign up for THEIR game, same company or not.

I cant believe I did not even notice the signs of its closing though. That advertising was a big one... buying club penguin too. Well, I used to play club penguin (not for long- it got boring) and I got really excited when Disney was buying it because I was like "Oh great! They are going to make it fun to play, and make it free!" Well, I guess all they wanted was another business still, and kepy with the membership thing on that. Oh. Its really weird how that all happened- remember the first used to be rare item they started selling? Flip hats at the emporium. That is when it started getting fishy on vmk... I think at least. They just kind of changed what they sold, mostly older rare items. I feel sorry for those of you who had all of them before, by the end everyone was an equal just about. Why do you think VMk central in the parks closed down so early? Do you think they knew then, or that they thought the promotion would have been over by then so took it down? I never even went in vmk central before, it closed a month before my trip there. The last thing that was really weird was the huge quest. What was with that? Who planned that? there are so many rumors, and I just wish we could all know the truth you know? I will probably spend alot of time wondering about what really happened until (if) Disney ever decides to tell us the actual reasons for these things. Still not giving up hope for vmk's return though!

Hello,

I miss everyone so much. But I'm not really playing any games right now.

Dianne

The only game(s) I'm playing now is Pirates Online and I signed up for the Fairies game, but if that's as addicting as VMK was I'm not gonna play it. But with Pirates Online, instead of paying a subscription fee, I just go into Target stores and buy a 30-day unlimited access pass for $9.95.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter