• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vmk

tinkerbell423

Mouseketeer
My son came home today and said VMK will be reopening this summer. He said he got his info from youtube. Does anyone know anything about this?

Unless the video owner is DisneyParks, it may unfortunately be time to explain you can't believe everything you see on the internet.

These videos have been around for a few years now, and it's always, 'i heard a rumor', or 'my uncle works for disney'.

As far as anyone knows, "VMK" is never coming back.

I was an extremely avid VMK player, and while I lost touch with it during its last few months, I do honestly miss it. It was probably the most fun I've ever had with a game, however I've kept an eye all over the internet on any news of its re-opening or replacement. There has been extremely little (pretty much no) evidence of it opening again, however Disney did register a slew of domains for a new game called "Imagination Online" almost a year ago. Youtube is full of videos stating its re-opening this summer, and while I would be ecstatic at that happening, its rather unlikely.

Don't give up hope though, there have been rumors over the years here and there from legitimate cast members saying that a re-opening is in the works with a pay to play system. Also, there were TONS of features ready for VMK that were never seen due to its closure. Take that with a grain of salt however, because Disney has tons of plans that never see the light. But for right now, there's almost no proof of it coming back, though I'll keep looking out for new news, and I swear I'll be happier than ever should it return!!!

Sigh, would that they would.

I miss it still too. There isn't another quite like it with the rooms and manipulating furnishings. Some really imaginative members were in that game.

I don't think I've ever seen the phase "I got my information from youtube" :)

Frankly, I'll believe a bus driver before I believe something on youtube, unless it came from an official account - and youtube will be the last place they'd announce something like that.

While I miss VMK, its return is doubtful. However, maybe this rumor is confusing it with the new SOTK currently in test mode and set to roll out sometime in the Spring.

While I miss VMK, its return is doubtful. However, maybe this rumor is confusing it with the new SOTK currently in test mode and set to roll out sometime in the Spring.

THAT makes sense...I'm sure there are oodles of videos from guests doing the tests.

Interesting you mention that. VMK or another game of its type and style would've been a perfect tie in to SOTK if you ask me. Here's to hoping for an online component sometime in the future that'll actually be good (i.e. not world of cars or pixie hollow online. or even toontown for that matter.)

I wish it were true! I spent more time on the computer bc of that game and think about it quite often (especially during this time of the year...). I really enjoyed being able to furnish my rooms and was starting to do alot of neat stuff when they shut down.

'goofy_bout_mickey' (aka Goofy):surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter