Vodafone and data

Jls24

Earning My Ears
Hey,

I’ve been trying my hardest to get help from vodafone and none of them are very helpful!

I have a vodafone phone but the charge will be £6 per day if I use my data and I can only use 2GB 😭

Does anyone know where I can get a pay as you go SIM card in Florida that I can use on my vodafone phone?

Thank you!

I bought a US T mobile SIM card on Amazon back in June. It had clear instructions on how to use and it worked on my Vodafone contracted phone with no issues. I think it cost £30, we were there for 18 days so saved a lot of money!

I put my D’s EE SIM card in before I bought it, as I believe some phones are locked into a particular network.

You could also look at e-sims online, if your phone supports it.

I switched to O2, which has free roaming in the EU and free roaming in the US with a bolt on, which is free for certain contracts.

If it helps, we just got back and survived on Wi-Fi alone, also with Vodafone. Ordered ubers using hotel wifi, then park wifi, and Wi-Fi in walmart.

I too survived largely on the park and hotel WiFis. I used Lyft four times and mostly did the initial booking on the WiFi but with data roaming (on Giffgaff @ 20p/MB) turned on to cover gaps. I didn't usually do any do any post-ride interaction with the app until I was back on a WiFi.
Cost me about £5-£6 over the four trips, most of which was at the arrival airport where the WiFi was patchy.
It's annoying but TBH £5 when I've been spending nearly twice that on a portion and a drink at each F&W kiosk a couple of times each day, never mind all the other stuff, is not a big deal. Certainly not worth spending maybe £20-£30 on a US SIM with some free data. Just don't turn roaming on unless you really need it.

We have had free roaming with Three for a few years which has been great, now ended. So last month we had to find an alternative. Looked at Airalo virtual SIM, our Son used them recently in Arizona with no issues. Unfortunately our phones are not compatible. In the end we bought this from Amazon, £39.99 for 3 weeks unlimited Data, worked perfectly mostly on 5G. Different options on their page. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/T-Mobile...08PKFP87H/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
You can buy in Walmart slightly cheaper but we wanted it active as soon as we got off our cruise in Tampa.

Hey,

I’ve been trying my hardest to get help from vodafone and none of them are very helpful!

I have a vodafone phone but the charge will be £6 per day if I use my data and I can only use 2GB 😭

Does anyone know where I can get a pay as you go SIM card in Florida that I can use on my vodafone phone?

Thank you!
It looks like us is classified as zone c which is a £6 a day bolt on. But it does look like you can use your full allowance. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/global-roaming

It is still expensive though. Have you seen how much it would cost to upgrade to their packages that include it? It might not be too much more then you will have it for future travel as well.

Hey,

Thank you!
If you have a new model of phone you can buy an e-sim.

Three pay as you go sims still include go roam in USA, a 16GB card on amazon is currently £9.20 (though I think roaming is capped at 12GB)

I bought one of the 3 week unlimited T-Mobile SIM cards on Amazon, and it was perfect for our needs. When we were outside of park WiFi I hot-spotted for the rest of my family. The only strange dead spot was the exact spot you have to wait for Uber/Lyft ride shares at Animal Kingdom.

I'd definitely have tried the Three PAYG if I'd seen it includes Go Roam in the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter