• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Voices of Liberty & American Adventure

123SA

DIS Veteran
In 11 previous trips, we've skipped these events. I think it's time to give it a try. I'm curious about the timing.

Voices of Liberty is at 2:00, 2:45, 3:30, 4:15 (13 minutes)
American Adventure is at 2:15, 3:00, 3:45 (30 minutes)

Is it possible to do the shows consecutively?

200 voices of liberty
215 american adventure

or

215 american adventure
245 voices of liberty

Or do I really have to have a gap between the shows to allow for traveling from one event to the other?

Thanks

I've never seen voices of liberty, but to see American Adventure you can show up right before it starts. So if voices of liberty is 13 min then you'll have enough time to do them back to back. Their in the same building so it'll only take a minute or two to go from VoL to go get a seat

And American Adventure has some great animatronics

VoL are sort of the pre show entertainment for the American Adventure, you can listen to the VoL and then head up to watch the show, it's all in the same building
I can tell you that the VoL along with the Citizens of Hollywood are my number 1 entertainment for WDW, they are amazing!!

In 11 previous trips, we've skipped these events. I think it's time to give it a try. I'm curious about the timing.

200 voices of liberty
215 american adventure

or

215 american adventure
245 voices of liberty

Or do I really have to have a gap between the shows to allow for traveling from one event to the other?

Thanks

I normally listen to 5 shows in a row of the Voices of Liberty on any given day I'm at EPCOT. It's a great place to sit down in air conditioning and the Voices of Liberty are literally my favorite thing at EPCOT. I can tell you that the VOL perform under the rotunda before the American Adventure theater show. If you want to see the American Adventure show first (which you would most likely hear one of the end of the VOL sets), you will show up half way through the current VOL set that is happening at that time because of how long the American Adventure Theater show is.

You should also check the World Showcase schedule on the WDW website. The VOL recently had a change of schedule, and they are now performing at different times that you have listed based on the website.

Based on the WDW website now, the VOL perform at 12:20, 1:05, 1:50, 2:35, 3:20, 4:05, and 4:45 p.m. I do not know why this change happened. I plan on asking when I'm there in two weeks.

The schedule you have listed is the "old" schedule that I have had memorized for several years.

200 voices of liberty
215 american adventure

or

215 american adventure
245 voices of liberty

Thanks

It is not to be missed for us - we were just there. The American Adventure show immediately follows the Voices of Liberty - you just go upstairs in the same building. A great presentation!!

To see the Voices best, arrive about 8-10 minutes before the scheduled time, and sit down at the edge of the red circle in the middle of the room. Even if no one else is there yet, you're in the right place.
Then at the end of the set, hang around for a few minutes and visit with a couple of the singers. (Tell them Nicholas says hey.) They are fabulous people. (Sadly, every year one or two of my friends disappears, but fresh places take their place.) Don't worry, you will still have time to see the theater show upstairs - 3-4 minutes of lingering downstairs will still give you time to get upstairs to enter the main theater.
I've been a Voices groupie for a long time - I remember spending a lot of time in the Rotunda the week of 9/11. It was like a cathedral in there that week. Lots of tears.

To see the Voices best, arrive about 8-10 minutes before the scheduled time, and sit down at the edge of the red circle in the middle of the room. Even if no one else is there yet, you're in the right place.
Make sure you sit on the side of the museum and the American Adventure theater show entrance. If you sit on the other side of the circle, you will be asked to move rather quickly by a CM. I have seen it many times, and people are usually upset that they are being asked to move.

I always sit in the middle of the "allowed" sitting area on the edge of the red circle for about 5 shows while I'm there. It is definitely the best location to watch their show.

Make sure you sit on the side of the museum and the American Adventure theater show entrance. If you sit on the other side of the circle, you will be asked to move rather quickly by a CM.
Yes, thanks for adding that. Sometimes, the request to move is not so quick, and in the meantime the "proper" seats get filled in. But even being in the second row is still pretty good.
I always sit in the middle of the "allowed" sitting area on the edge of the red circle for about 5 shows while I'm there. It is definitely the best location to watch their show.
I bet we've met at some point.

I bet we've met at some point.

I don't know. I had only been to WDW a couple times up to 2011, but I have gone 8 times in the last 2 years. I normally meet people from Florida when I'm there. On occasion, I'll meet someone else. I grew up 20 minutes from Disneyland, so I always said hi to those members when I was there 2-3 times a week when I was home on breaks. After they stopped performing at DLR, I find myself talking to the Disneyland members of VOL often that switched over to the WDW VOL when I'm there.

I am a big fan of the Voices of Liberty ! When they are finished I have found there is no need to rush to go into the show as the theater is huge and most of the time not even half full during the off season (can't speak for summer or holidays).

They are working on the elevator for about two months, so the schedule has changed for the time being. I think it will be going back to the old schedule after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter