Volcano Bay Add-ons

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
So, what do people think about the Volcano Bay add-ons?

https://ww2.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/theme-parks/volcano-bay/index.html#add-ons

1) Cabana: I don't usually spring for them if umbrellas are available. I am fair skinned and burn easily though. Since our Memorial Day weekend trip will be just DS and I, I don't think I will be sitting in a lounger much. This might be nice when it's the 3 of us in July, because I am usually the bench warmer. I am not a huge fan of water parks or getting wet. Universal just kind of surprised us by opening VB during our mother/son trip:rolleyes: I don't think DS will do all of the slides by himself, so I guess I will be getting the full experienceo_O

2) Reserved Seating: This intrigued and annoyed me. I am thinking that there won't be free loungers or at least free loungers with umbrellas. At a minimum, I would need to probably get this on our July trip:( I am sort of considering it for Memorial Day weekend because of the built-in locker. I plan to bring my phone, nice camera, money, etc and will have to keep stuff in a locker when DS and I are running around. Not having to go back to the lockers all the time might be nice. Plus, we would have 2 guaranteed loungers in the shade whenever we wanted.

3) Express Pass: I was very sad to see that they would have Express Pass at VB and that it wouldn't be included with the hotel stays, like the regular park one. This does answer the question about whether they would still have EP at the parks in light of the virtual queue at the Fallon ride. Luckily, this EP is significantly cheaper than the park one. I wonder if it's going to be worth it with Tapu Tapu.

So many other unknowns still too, like park and hotel transportation to/from VB, towels, park hours.

I think it's pretty crappy that express from the 3 deluxe aren't included. I'm sure I'll renew this June and add VB but after that, idk

Last edited:
I think it's pretty crappy that express from m the 3 deluxe aren't included. I'm sure I'll renew this June and add VB but after that, idk

We always stay at a deluxe to get EP, so I don't know what we will do yet. I just don't know if it will be worth it at VB. It's totally been worth it every time we have stayed at the other parks.

I just renewed my AP 2 weeks ago. I only had it for hotel discounts. However, we will be going twice this year. Once during July, and I have the darn preferred pass. I still need to add VB to it and see how much the upcharge is for preferred->premiere. Luckily, at least VB is included in one of our trips. I might just buy myself a 1 day ticket for the July trip.

Disney has both cabanas and preferred seating and still has seating (not that they'll do what Disney does, but just thought I'd throw that out there).

Disney has both cabanas and preferred seating and still has seating (not that they'll do what Disney does, but just thought I'd throw that out there).

I have never been to a Disney water park, so that's good to know. How does Disney handle the towels at the water parks? I have only ever been to water parks separate from a theme park, like Schlitterbahn. Thanks

I have never been to a Disney water park, so that's good to know. How does Disney handle the towels at the water parks? I have only ever been to water parks separate from a theme park, like Schlitterbahn. Thanks
I THINK I saw Volcano Bay will have towels. Thought I read that. I think you have to rent towels at Disney but it's been three years. I can't remember yesterday. Just asked my boyfriend and he couldn't remember either -- he thought they just gave them out. LOL. Hopefully someone who has been there more recently (or has a better memory) will answer.

I THINK I saw Volcano Bay will have towels. Thought I read that. I think you have to rent towels at Disney but it's been three years. I can't remember yesterday. Just asked my boyfriend and he couldn't remember either -- he thought they just gave them out. LOL. Hopefully someone who has been there more recently (or has a better memory) will answer.

Towels at disney waterparks are $2 for rent
But since a few weeks, if you're a guest at a disney resort, you'll get them for free (valid magic band may be required to get free towels)

3) Express Pass: I was very sad to see that they would have Express Pass at VB and that it wouldn't be included with the hotel stays, like the regular park one. This does answer the question about whether they would still have EP at the parks in light of the virtual queue at the Fallon ride. Luckily, this EP is significantly cheaper than the park one. I wonder if it's going to be worth it with Tapu Tapu.

Where did you read/hear that Express Pass at VB isn't included when you stay at RPR, HRH, and PB? I clicked on the link about add-ons and didn't see anything there...

Sorry, meant to post that as a quote:

Where did you read/hear that Express Pass at VB isn't included when you stay at RPR, HRH, and PB? I clicked on the link about add-ons and didn't see anything there...

Sorry, meant to post that as a quote:

I am pretty sure that they said something on the DIS Daily Fix. I had to dig around a bit to find this stuff, but some of it is quite useful.

The following link says that guests must purchase EP, which does't necessarily exclude the hotels, but there is nothing out there saying the hotels are included. Plus, this is just a good article anyway.

http://orlandoinformer.com/blog/volcano-bay-cabana-rentals-premium-seating-universal-express/

This one says that premiere passholders won't get EP for VB. They get it for the other parks after 4pm now.

http://orlandoinformer.com/blog/universal-orlando/revealed-annual-pass-works-not-volcano-bay/

But this one says it definitively. However, this is not Universal's own page. I suspect they just don't want to come out and say it.

"HUGE REMINDER: The Express access included with a stay at three of Universal’s on-site hotels does NOT cover Volcano Bay, the new water theme park"

http://orlandoinformer.com/universal/express-pass-access

Here's another that says it at the end of the article.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201703/5507/

They have to limit Express passes to a much greater level at Volcano Bay as opposed to being at the parks. Basically, what I've read is that giving Express to the premium hotel guest would effectively break the virtual queue system.

True, however VB has a couple of more benefits than Disney water parks have for cabanas and reserved seating, especially their premium seating, as at VB you do not have just an umbrella like at Disney water parks, but canopy, an attendant who can take food and drink orders, and a lockbox. VB maybe more pricey as a whole, but I'm curious what their pricing for the cabanas and premium seating is going to be like.

Have there been any rumors on when the add-ons will go on sale? I might be interested in a cabana if it isn't ridiculous. Have they said how many there are in the park?

Have there been any rumors on when the add-ons will go on sale? I might be interested in a cabana if it isn't ridiculous. Have they said how many there are in the park?

I haven't heard of anything about when or how much. I thought something I read alluded to the approximate amount of cabanas and/or premium seating. It's kind of weird to reserve it so far in advance. I am wonder what the cancellation policy will be.

I would hope that they at least post it in the beginning of May. I hope it isn't too ridiculous in pricing. I always thought Disney's pricing is a little out there, considering at Aquatica their most reasonable cabana is around $50 (and that's only around how much to just serve seating with am umbrella at Disney) when it gets more expensive it's based only by the location. The most expensive ($300) is due to the fact that it is bigger sized than all the other cabanas and has 16 bottles of water (as opposed to 12), which I'd think with the dramatic price jump they should offer a little bit more different benefits to justify the cost. While Disney is expensive, at least they have a few more perks than that.

I think it's going to be up there, but I hope it isn't the equivalent of the price of an on-site hotel room. If anything I'd go for their "premium seating" as that has more benefits than the traditional reserved seating at other water parks, but hopefully it won't be more pricey due to the additional benefits too.

I would hope that they at least post it in the beginning of May. I hope it isn't too ridiculous in pricing. I always thought Disney's pricing is a little out there, considering at Aquatica their most reasonable cabana is around $50 (and that's only around how much to just serve seating with am umbrella at Disney) when it gets more expensive it's based only by the location. The most expensive ($300) is due to the fact that it is bigger sized than all the other cabanas and has 16 bottles of water (as opposed to 12), which I'd think with the dramatic price jump they should offer a little bit more different benefits to justify the cost. While Disney is expensive, at least they have a few more perks than that.

I think it's going to be up there, but I hope it isn't the equivalent of the price of an on-site hotel room. If anything I'd go for their "premium seating" as that has more benefits than the traditional reserved seating at other water parks, but hopefully it won't be more pricey due to the additional benefits too.

I hope they actually release them for opening weekend. I have a feeling that they may not be completed in time. However, if I were a greedy project manager, I would make sure the upcharge stuff, ie cabanas, special seating, food, was ready over some of the rides. As a customer, it might be ideal though. I also hope stuff isn't too expensive.

I am curious about this as well.We have the Explorer pass and we were planning on using it whenever we wanted over 2 weeks but now hearing we have to reserve seats I don't know how that will work.Hopefully they will have other type of seats and umbrellas available.I would hate to have to call and reserve seats everytime we plan on going.I wonder too how far in advance we need to call before they are sold out.It kind of ruins our play it by ear trip I was planning.

I am curious about this as well.We have the Explorer pass and we were planning on using it whenever we wanted over 2 weeks but now hearing we have to reserve seats I don't know how that will work.Hopefully they will have other type of seats and umbrellas available.I would hate to have to call and reserve seats everytime we plan on going.I wonder too how far in advance we need to call before they are sold out.It kind of ruins our play it by ear trip I was planning.

At VB it's called "premium seating" not reserved. I'm sure just like other water parks there are actual chairs and what not spread across the park for others to enjoy. Just at other places like Disney's water parks, it's called reserved seating, because sometimes I'm sure it can be difficult to finding a good seat during certain periods. However, at VB I think it's called "premium", since it gives out more benefits than other "reserved" options have at other water parks, as well as the benefit of you knowing you'd have a spot. So, yes, you can still go spur of the moment, you'll just have to go early if you're worried about whether you'll get what you consider a good spot, or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter