VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Am I correct that everyone can enter the Volcano Bay park entrance during early entry, but that you just can't ride the rides early if you aren't staying in a Universal hotel?

Am I correct that everyone can enter the Volcano Bay park entrance during early entry, but that you just can't ride the rides early if you aren't staying in a Universal hotel?
If I remember correctly, it looked like all the non-early entry folks were allowed in to the park but held in a queue until regular opening time.

When I have been there the non-early entry guests were held at the ticket scanning podiums. Not allowed into the parks, there is no way to distinguish between EE/non-EE guests once you are in.

Thanks everyone. BTW: How busy has Volcano Bay been this week? (outside of the days closed for inclement weather?)

Going in June and very anxious about the seating situation. We have 2 infants with our group (of 9), and are really hoping we can find seating in the shade. Having never been to VB before, I have two questions:

1. Can we bring a small pop up tent for the little ones?
2. What’s the likelihood of finding semi shaded seating in June for 9 people?

Thanks!

Going in June and very anxious about the seating situation. We have 2 infants with our group (of 9), and are really hoping we can find seating in the shade. Having never been to VB before, I have two questions:

1. Can we bring a small pop up tent for the little ones?
2. What’s the likelihood of finding semi shaded seating in June for 9 people?

Thanks!
Not sure about the pop-up tent. The chairs are pretty close together, but maybe?

If you go early in the day the chances of grabbing chair in the shade are much better. There are a coupe of covered structures if you go to the left upon entering and through the marketplace store, they are shown on here if you scroll down a ways - https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/universal-volcano-bay/
There are also more places with chairs as you head farther from the big beach area, tucked in and around the attractions. i found shaded (by trees) chairs in the middle of the day in August along the path that heads to Honu and Ika Moana. (But I was just 1. For 9 people I would go early!
https://site.universalorlando.com/minisite/Images/uvb-park-map_tcm29-65019.pdf

For what it's worth, I just called to book for December 2023 and they said they only were able to reserve through November 2023.
*Edit* Just to know the price I called back. Nov 30th - $324.99
Just an update - December pricing has been updated. I called and reserved.

We will be there in March 2023,,,1st time at US,,,3 days 2 nights,,,leaving Disney early 1st day and checking into Portifino.
Now not expecting our room,,,just dropping bags at bell services,,,do you recommend 1st day at the parks,,,prob miss rope drop,,,or VB as it looks like it opens at 10am....is there an earlier time for guest of the hotels?
play at the waterpark till mid day,,,go back and hope room is ready,,,then head to parks for night time,(closing ?)
Then next 2 full days at the parks.
Thoughts?

We will be there in March 2023,,,1st time at US,,,3 days 2 nights,,,leaving Disney early 1st day and checking into Portifino.
Now not expecting our room,,,just dropping bags at bell services,,,do you recommend 1st day at the parks,,,prob miss rope drop,,,or VB as it looks like it opens at 10am....is there an earlier time for guest of the hotels?
play at the waterpark till mid day,,,go back and hope room is ready,,,then head to parks for night time,(closing ?)
Then next 2 full days at the parks.
Thoughts?
I'd play which day you do VB by ear based on weather. But you do get early entry as a hotel guest. Sometimes it's 30 mins and sometimes and hr so check the schedule when it comes out. Definitely hit krackatau first bc that line gets long FAST

Being a guest at one of the premier resorts gets you express pass for the parks,,,does that include the water park?

We are going in June and wondering if it is worth it to purchase Express Pass for VB. I can't find the price anywhere. Can anyone tell me how much it would be for Sunday, June 25th?

Also, we are purchasing the 3-day, 3 park, park-to-park ticket. Can we visit VB and another Universal park in the same day?

We are going in June and wondering if it is worth it to purchase Express Pass for VB. I can't find the price anywhere. Can anyone tell me how much it would be for Sunday, June 25th?

Also, we are purchasing the 3-day, 3 park, park-to-park ticket. Can we visit VB and another Universal park in the same day?
When you go to universal's website and click on tickets, Volcano Bay, "1 Park" then "express pass". It defaults to 2 park express passes and therefore only shows the two dry parks unless you click "1 park" first.
It looks like it's $139.99 for 6/25.
Park to park means you can go to whatever park you have a ticket for any time during any day your ticket is valid for, including multiple parks per day.

In terms of whether an EP would be worth it if really dependent on how you tour. If you have early entry and plan to stay all day, you can ride everything (I went in April on a Sunday and did all but 1 of the trap door slides), but I had a decent touring plan and did the coaster first thing in EE. I also LOVE slides so I really wanted to ride everything

When you go to universal's website and click on tickets, Volcano Bay, "1 Park" then "express pass". It defaults to 2 park express passes and therefore only shows the two dry parks unless you click "1 park" first.
It looks like it's $139.99 for 6/25.
Park to park means you can go to whatever park you have a ticket for any time during any day your ticket is valid for, including multiple parks per day.
Thank you! I was able to find it now. That is more than I want to spend so we'll forgo the express pass for VB. Do you think if we plan on getting there for early entry and spending most of the day there we'll be able to get on most of the slides? Does it eventually start clearing out as the day goes on?

I think you'll be able to get most things done. Biggest suggestions: come in and drop your stuff anywhere, you can always move it but time is of the essence! Hit the coaster, then head to honu. Don't forget if a ride says ride now, you can ride it while waiting for a return time to tick down. And enjoy the rapid river, one of my favorite things to do, especially while the clock ticks down on ride return times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter