VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Adding on to the price points...

Was delaying our decision on when we were going to hit Volcano Bay to puzzle out the weather until the day before we decided to visit, so prices were going to be at a premium.

We ended up buying a single set of premium seats (so the two loungers plus lock box) on Tuesday, 3/22 for a visit the next day on Wed, 3/23. Total cost was $159.

Were near the front of the line for 9am Early Entry - second person at the nearest Concierge Desk upon entry, and one of the first groups seated once making our way from there to the Premium Seating check in stand. That ate up 20 minutes of our Early Entry time before we were walking over to Krakatau. Still managed to get one ride in (with about a 5 minute wait) before regular park open.

Question regarding checking in at the concierge desk. We have a family cabana rented for October. Since there are only 2 and they are located near Krakatau, would it make sense to head to the concierge desk towards the volcano and River Village or is it open right away? Trying to avoid waiting in a long lineup.

Does premium seating need to be reserved in advance? For the first time we are staying at Cabana Bay and trying to decide if we need the premium seating or not. It looks like the walk back to the hotel is pretty close. Just don't know how feasible it is to walk back and forth during the day.

Does premium seating need to be reserved in advance? For the first time we are staying at Cabana Bay and trying to decide if we need the premium seating or not. It looks like the walk back to the hotel is pretty close. Just don't know how feasible it is to walk back and forth during the day.

I'm a little confused by the question. You seem to imply that you had premium seating before and aren't sure if you need it because cabana bay is closer. However I would assume you would know how it needs to be reserved if you got it before. I can just say I've been to volcano bay 3 times, we never had premium seating and we were just fine. In fact, we really just dropped our bags at the chairs and that was about it.

I'm a little confused by the question. You seem to imply that you had premium seating before and aren't sure if you need it because cabana bay is closer. However I would assume you would know how it needs to be reserved if you got it before. I can just say I've been to volcano bay 3 times, we never had premium seating and we were just fine. In fact, we really just dropped our bags at the chairs and that was about it.
Never had premium seating, I guess what I am asking is the premium seating worth if for people staying at Cabana Bay? I know the cabanas have to be reserved in advance because they sell out quickly, but what about premium seating?

Never had premium seating, I guess what I am asking is the premium seating worth if for people staying at Cabana Bay? I know the cabanas have to be reserved in advance because they sell out quickly, but what about premium seating?
its worth it if you plan on using it. For me as I said, we were never at our seats.

If you plan on getting one, I would reserve them in advance. I often see them sold out when I pass by the concierge huts.

The premium seating is located just behind the general seating area at the wave pool. I guess this would make it quicker to leave at the end of the day, as it is near the entrance/exit of the park, and therefore quicker to get back to Cabana Bay.

Is it a common practice for people to leave bags unattended on loungers while they are touring the park? I know there's always risk involved in doing so, but I was just wondering if such a practice is out of the ordinary.

Is it a common practice for people to leave bags unattended on loungers while they are touring the park? I know there's always risk involved in doing so, but I was just wondering if such a practice is out of the ordinary.
I left our stuff at our chairs when we went last Labor Day weekend. I was there part of the time, but there was no one at our seats part of the time. Nothing happened to our stuff, but of course there is always a risk.

I have a quick question about swimwear requirements. Does VB allow trunks with zippers or grommets on water slides? I've been to waterparks were they were forbidden on any slide that didn't require a tube. Just curious if VB was the same. Thanks!

I have a quick question about swimwear requirements. Does VB allow trunks with zippers or grommets on water slides? I've been to waterparks were they were forbidden on any slide that didn't require a tube. Just curious if VB was the same. Thanks!
We have never had an issue. My son’s trunks have grommets.

Can anyone comment about cabanas in the 4-8 location which is right near the volcano/ great views of everything?
I am specifically wondering if there is anywhere below it to sit on a beach chair in the sand/sun? I like the looks of the location of 21 upper due to the area of private beach directly in front of it. not sure if its worth the better view, or the beach with more privacy..... 🤔🤔🤔🤔
will def be riding most of the day so not sure if i should even care about the beach chairs

I know there are fixed shade structures with lounge chairs under them located around the park (for free, not the cabanas). However, the only locations I remember are at Hammerhead Beach and at the landing for Kala/Tai Nui volcano slides. Does anyone know where there are other fixed shade structures like those?

IIRC, umbrellas are located in nearly every seating area. Try Google Maps satellite view to get a better idea.

Can anyone comment about cabanas in the 4-8 location which is right near the volcano/ great views of everything?
I am specifically wondering if there is anywhere below it to sit on a beach chair in the sand/sun? I like the looks of the location of 21 upper due to the area of private beach directly in front of it. not sure if its worth the better view, or the beach with more privacy..... 🤔🤔🤔🤔
will def be riding most of the day so not sure if i should even care about the beach chairs
There aren't any chairs directly around cabanas 4-8 like there are for 21. The nearest ones would be the near the secondary entrance for Kopiko Wai (the lazy river) and maybe around the Reef Leisure Pool on the other side of the cabanas (near the entrance to Ko'okiri).
I know there are fixed shade structures with lounge chairs under them located around the park (for free, not the cabanas). However, the only locations I remember are at Hammerhead Beach and at the landing for Kala/Tai Nui volcano slides. Does anyone know where there are other fixed shade structures like those?
Yep, you got it! I know what you're talking about. There is one more - in the sandy seating area between Ohno Ohyah and Bambu (restaurant).

More pricing info fyi. We are headed back to UO for Labor Day weekend, and I called to price the VB cabanas. Sat Sept 3 is $452.62 for a single, Sun Sept 4 is $532.49, and Mon (Labor Day) was $239.62. She said all they had available was an ADA compliant cabana, which just means they are lower or single with a ramp. She said there are several of them spread around the park. I decided to spring for a cabana on Labor Day since the price was so good. I have the option to cancel up to 72 hrs before.

More pricing info fyi. We are headed back to UO for Labor Day weekend, and I called to price the VB cabanas. Sat Sept 3 is $452.62 for a single, Sun Sept 4 is $532.49, and Mon (Labor Day) was $239.62. She said all they had available was an ADA compliant cabana, which just means they are lower or single with a ramp. She said there are several of them spread around the park. I decided to spring for a cabana on Labor Day since the price was so good. I have the option to cancel up to 72 hrs before.
curious how you got the option to cancel? we just booked for mid september and it was clear the cabanas were non refundable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter