Volunteering Q&A onboard ship this weekend

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
Hi folks,

There is so much useful info on here that helped me get up to speed fast, but I know everyone always has at least some unanswered questions that can only be answered by guest services, or other investigation on the ship, so I'd like to volunteer to take your questions onboard my 3-night Dream cruise this Friday. Post your questions here by Thursday night and I'll do my best to get answers for them either on the ship or when I get back.

I have three kids all "Oceaneers Club" age so I can answer questions about that. We are staying on the ship at Nassau, will be doing Remy brunch, massages at the spa, and princess royal tea in case folks have questions about those. Edited to add: we are taking Disney bus transportation between the port and a WDW hotel before and after, so I can also answer questions on that for those interested.

I say this with the caveat that we could test positive and then I won't be a help to anyone... but hopefully that won't be the case!

Last edited:
I have questions about the kids club. How hard are reservations to get? Can you stop by and see if they have space or are they filled most of the time?
We just modified our pre-booked kids' clubs times because I was able to pick up a Remy brunch reservation, and we pretty much had our choice of times all day long, and that was less than a week before sailing. So they are clearly not filling up reservations in advance. I'm very curious about the availability of booking additional time onboard as my oldest two kids LOVE the club, so we will definitely be checking this on the ship I will report back on our experiences.

We just modified our pre-booked kids' clubs times because I was able to pick up a Remy brunch reservation, and we pretty much had our choice of times all day long, and that was less than a week before sailing. So they are clearly not filling up reservations in advance. I'm very curious about the availability of booking additional time onboard as my oldest two kids LOVE the club, so we will definitely be checking this on the ship I will report back on our experiences.
Just off the Wonder and can report that there was a lot of availability at the Club/Lab once we boarded. It shows what is open on the app. But it may depend on how many kids that age are on your cruise. Ours seemed to have more Edge kids.

Could you give me/us anything you missed because of capacity issues. For example, did you have to get to bingo 30 minutes earlier? Or did you see a line for bingo or a show that you didn’t normally see otherwise? My parents will not be able to leave the ship for mobility reasons anymore. I wanted to be sure they didn’t miss ship activities since that will be all they have. We have passed on deserts, or take them to go because of mobility issues and event times. A heads up would be so helpful for us. Bingo is a very important event for them. But I hope to get them to more adult entertainment this time to make up for the portless activities that will be missed.
Thank you in advance.

Could you give me/us anything you missed because of capacity issues. For example, did you have to get to bingo 30 minutes earlier? Or did you see a line for bingo or a show that you didn’t normally see otherwise? My parents will not be able to leave the ship for mobility reasons anymore. I wanted to be sure they didn’t miss ship activities since that will be all they have. We have passed on deserts, or take them to go because of mobility issues and event times. A heads up would be so helpful for us. Bingo is a very important event for them. But I hope to get them to more adult entertainment this time to make up for the portless activities that will be missed.
Thank you in advance.
I was born without a punctuality gene and pretty much always show up last minute to stuff, so this should be easy to report on! I’ll let you know how much that hurts me this trip.

For the princess Royal tea, do they have pins and do they sell them separately?
I will find out. We did not get pins pre covid but I have heard they changed some of the merch this time around.

It might be a little premature but for the Merrytime sailings, are they still doing the Christmas tree lighting and appearances from Santa and Mrs. Claus? What about the cookie decorating? It's our first merry time cruise but we are doing the Magic from Miami next month. Thanks!!

Which night on your 3-night are the Halloween festivities taking place? Which night(s) do fireworks take place? Please answer with 1st, 2nd or 3rd night, rather than "the same night as Pirate Night" or something like that. Thanks!

I was born without a punctuality gene and pretty much always show up last minute to stuff, so this should be easy to report on! I’ll let you know how much that hurts me this trip.

I will find out. We did not get pins pre covid but I have heard they changed some of the merch this time around.

lol! This gene runs in my family too, and extended family.

It might be a little premature but for the Merrytime sailings, are they still doing the Christmas tree lighting and appearances from Santa and Mrs. Claus? What about the cookie decorating? It's our first merry time cruise but we are doing the Magic from Miami next month. Thanks!!
Ours is going to be Halloween cruise, but looking at the disney website, they do say that Merrytime cruises include an appearance (distanced) by Santa as well as Mrs. Claus storytelling, and a deck party. I don't see Christmas tree lighting or cookies on the list this year though, so I suspect those might not happen. I do know that they are not doing the pumpkin tree ceremony right now to avoid crowds in the lobby (the tree is there, but no "event" for it), so that suggests no christmas tree lighting event either.

Which night on your 3-night are the Halloween festivities taking place? Which night(s) do fireworks take place? Please answer with 1st, 2nd or 3rd night, rather than "the same night as Pirate Night" or something like that. Thanks!
I will let you know once I get on the ship and can see the navigator.

I would like to know if your kids our able to extend their stay in the Oceaneer's Club
Me too! Will find out :)

Are you planning to order room service? If so, would you see if they have the Mickey rice krispy treats for “free”?

I’m also very interested how the kids club are. Especially what your kids think! My son (7) was all about the club during our last sailing and would be disappointed to miss out. And, this is the only time all 3 of our kids could hang out together in the clubs… my oldest will age out soon! Thanks for the investigation!! :)

I had no idea they might have rice krispy treats! We usually end up ordering Mickey bars a few times. But I'm happy to find out the answer to this on our january cruise 😃

This is a tease (I know, I know...sorry) but we got these from the Castaway Club return cruiser party years ago but this is what they looked like. I have never heard of them through room service but then again I have never asked specifically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter