Von's Grocery Delivery Promo Code

deesquared

Mouseketeer
Just got back from a wonderful DisDiva trip. The rain didn't stop our fun!

I was able to get groceries delivered by Vons, which was so convenient. It's nice to have some bottled water and snacks to take to the parks.

If you are from Canada, here's the trick to getting delivery when using a Canadian credit card: When you have to enter a ZIP code, use only the numbers from your Postal Code, then add two zeros. For instance, if your Postal code is V2F 3F7, enter 23700. Ta-da!

You get free delivery on your first order (they'll give you a code when you sign up) but I have a promo code for free delivery and 8 free bananas if anyone would like it. Please PM me for the code.

Stupid iPhone is being stupid and not letting me pm you easily but we're heading down from BC in 4 days and I would love that code if you could please pm it to me?

Thanks!

Aladora said:
Stupid iPhone is being stupid and not letting me pm you easily but we're heading down from BC in 4 days and I would love that code if you could please pm it to me?

Thanks!

Sounds to me like your iPhone needs a time out. Lol

;)

I tried this trick for me last year and I didn't have any success... it could be because I'm using an american credit card? However, my tip was I used my hotels address as a secondary address with my credit card company and had no problem getting the delivery.

I'm heading down in May again and I will be using Vons again so if you still have that code..... :goodvibes

Just to ask, if you have NEVER done a delivery for Vons the first delivery is always free - Vons supplies you with the promo code. If you used the free delivery service before, you will be charged for your next delivery unless you have the promo code which I would love :)

I'll also report back whether or not I have success using the zip code trick or the hotel addy trick

Hi there!
Could you pass on a little info about your delivery please? It would greatly be appreciated! We have never gotten delivery before as we have always had a vehicle and plenty of time to do shopping. This trip we don't fly in to SNA until 9:30pm, only have Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the parks and then fly out at 9:30am on Monday. Really don't want to waste precious park time (or sleeping time!) getting a cab and getting groceries. I did look at the website and saw everything that one could order, my main concern is freshness etc. Did you happen to order fresh fruit or bread items - like muffins? We are staying at the Super 8 on Katella and don't even know if they will accept the delivery but I LOVE the idea of it. I am a little nervous though as I am a look before I buy kinda gal! Any info you could offer would be great! Thanks a bunch!

As far as the American zip code, lucky for me, I have grandparents that snowbird to Arizona so I will use theirs!

Could you pass on a little info about your delivery please? It would greatly be appreciated! We have never gotten delivery before as we have always had a vehicle and plenty of time to do shopping. This trip we don't fly in to SNA until 9:30pm, only have Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the parks and then fly out at 9:30am on Monday. Really don't want to waste precious park time (or sleeping time!) getting a cab and getting groceries. I did look at the website and saw everything that one could order, my main concern is freshness etc. Did you happen to order fresh fruit or bread items - like muffins? We are staying at the Super 8 on Katella and don't even know if they will accept the delivery but I LOVE the idea of it. I am a little nervous though as I am a look before I buy kinda gal! Any info you could offer would be great! Thanks a bunch!

We ordered fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, and pineapple spears) and baked goods (bagels, blueberry muffins) as well as cookies, granola bars, yogurt, water and pop.

The fruit was perfect. No bruises on the bananas or apples. The baked goods were the same as you would buy in the store on the same day. I was very happy with everything!
When you order, you are given the opportunity to choose a delivery time and date. I picked a time that was about an hour before I was going to arrive at the hotel. That way, it was waiting for me at the Bell Services desk when I arrived. The hotel staff offered to bring it up to the room for me, which was nice. I was at the Grand, so they had no problem with the delivery at the front desk. I would call your hotel just to check with them, but I don't see why they wouldn't accept a delivery, unless they don't have a place to store it.

Hope this helps!

As an uber planner this thread has been very helpful :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was able to get groceries delivered by Vons, which was so convenient. It's nice to have some bottled water and snacks to take to the parks.

If you are from Canada, here's the trick to getting delivery when using a Canadian credit card: When you have to enter a ZIP code, use only the numbers from your Postal Code, then add two zeros. For instance, if your Postal code is V2F 3F7, enter 23700. Ta-da!

You get free delivery on your first order (they'll give you a code when you sign up) but I have a promo code for free delivery and 8 free bananas if anyone would like it. Please PM me for the code.

THANK YOU! We needed this trick!

Thank you for the information! We are definitely getting delivery now! I called the motel and they are willing to accept a delivery!:cool1: I went onto the website last night and was going to register but that's where I stopped! :rotfl: how did you register with a Canadian address when it asks for State. I read the part about the postal code but then realized what you meant about your address matching your cc address....:sad2:I'm so confused (but that doesn't take much!!)
Any info would b helpful please!

...I registered my address as my hotel address. PWhen you get to the billing stage you can input your Canadian address, with the two zeros added in. The zero trick has never worked with my RBC credit card but has with my costco Amex, don't give up , I have done this three times myself and twice for friends.
Good luck it is awesome when it works, so nice to have everything waiting. Just remember if you add in alcohol you need to be there to sign for it, we have always not botheredincase we were not there.

I just wanted to throw in my 2+ cents about Vons and their delivery service, for those who haven't ordered from them in the past.

I'm a longtime Vons delivery customer (for the last decade or more -- basically, as long as they've been in the delivery business in my specific area). Just last week I received my 115th delivery from them (they gave me a free coffee drink and a reusable bag for my 100th order, to commemorate the occasion!:cool1::rotfl2:) -- and actually I think I've ordered more times than that, but their system was not logging the number of orders in the early, early days.

Anyway, that being said, while I have tons of experience with Vons and their deliveries at home, I have never ordered from them while visiting DLR. I've never stayed a long enough time to justify it in my mind, especially when I knew I'd probably be getting a Vons delivery at home the next week.

On my most recent DLR holiday trip in December 2013, that was the first time when I really wished I had ordered something because I stayed several nights and I found myself eating in the hotel room a lot. I wished I had some bananas and other healthy snacks to munch on during mid-day breaks and what not. So if I should find myself staying that long (or longer) again in the future, I just might cave in and order Vons to be delivered at the hotel.

As for Vons' service and the quality of their delivered items -- again, I've never experienced the delivery service in Anaheim but, as a rule, it differs. The items may arrive in perfect condition...or they may arrive banged up and in bad shape. It really depends on who is doing the shopping for your items and selecting the products; how the items are handled when they are loaded onto the truck; who is delivering them to you; what kind of stock the store actually has on hand that day; which store your items are coming from, etc. In addition, some stores that handle deliveries are just better than others overall.

I have ordered many baked goods, fruits and veggies, frozen items, beverages, meats, etc., over the years, and I have received some deliveries where things were leaking all over the other items. I've received banged up produce (just last week they brought me two bags of onions -- one of which had a huge hole in it and the onions dropped out of it when I lifted it up; and the other bag contained an onion that was half-rotted away). I've received bottles of hand soap that had clearly been opened and used. I've received loaves of bread that were expired. I've received boxes of frozen chicken, crackers and pizza that were completely open on one end!:scared:

One time they brought me a bottle of Motrin that was thoroughly doused in Dole pineapple-orange-banana juice. When I tried to get my money back on that one, claiming that I would not have bought the bottle of Motrin in the store if I'd seen it in that condition, the customer service guy said "But were the actual pills damaged in any way? Can you still use those? Or was it just the box that was damaged?":rotfl2::rotfl2: I had to argue with him to get my refund, but I got it.

For a while I was having major problems with every single Vons order, until things finally smoothed out a bit after a few years. On the other hand, I've also received many, many items that were in perfect condition and deliveries that had no issues or problems at all. But it does seem to be very hit-or-miss, depending on the people behind the scenes -- the ones involved in shopping, ringing up the order, loading the truck and delivering.

Overall, though, I love the Vons delivery service and it has been extremely helpful and valuable to me. It gets a big :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 from me! Some of the online deals are amazing (using their Vons Club prices, their online only promo code offers and their "Just For U" personalized sales and coupons -- all of which can be combined and used together, at the same time, by the way, so you can essentially get 2 or 3 different price cuts at once, on certain items, if you are a savvy shopper!).

Vons is really the only full-service, major grocery store that delivers such a wide array of products to my area (and to other areas of SoCal) at this time, especially since Albertsons stopped delivering a few years ago. Kroger/Ralphs have not jumped into the delivery game yet, though I have a feeling they will sooner or later. There are smaller delivery services (Pink Dot and Yummy come to mind) that offer much less of a variety for much more money. And Bristol Farms has even gotten into the delivery game now, but their prices are usually not as good as Vons and they don't have the same great sales/discounts.

Coincidentally...when I posted yesterday I was going to say that I remembered hearing in 2013 that Safeway (which is Vons and also Pavilions) was being sold, but since I hadn't heard/read any recent updates on that I decided to keep quiet about it until I found out more info.

Lo and behold, last night I saw a news item about Safeway being sold to the same company that owns Albertsons. It was like they read my mind!:rotfl2: So, essentially, Albertsons and Safeway/Vons would become one giant, merged, mega-entity in the grocery industry, with Albertsons being the dominant force. Some store locations (more likely Safeway and Vons) would have to be closed.

Supposedly -- before the ink is even dry on the paperwork and the deal is finalized -- there is still time for another company to swoop in and steal Safeway/Vons/Pavilions from the company that owns Albertsons. There is talk that Kroger (a.k.a. Ralphs or Food 4 Less, to those of us here in SoCal) is interested in getting its hands on Safeway, which would also result in a mega-entity on the supermarket scene. But they don't have a lot of time to waste. They'd have to act very quickly and it may not happen.

I'd rather see a Kroger-Safeway combo than an Albertsons-Safeway combo, and one main reason for that is -- as I mentioned in my post from yesterday -- Albertsons got out of the grocery delivery business a few years ago. That makes me very concerned about what will happen to the Vons/Safeway delivery service...whereas Kroger, I think, is looking at possibly getting into the grocery delivery business, and acquiring Vons/Safeway could be a great platform to do that.

So...my point is that I hope, for the sake of the home delivery customers and the Disneyland area hotel customers, that this turn of events will not result in the eventual end of the Safeway/Vons delivery service.:faint::faint: That delivery service was already struggling, odd though it may seem, and business was down a bit. Someone at the Albertsons parent company may decide to dump all delivery at Safeway/Vons stores service since they already stopped it at Albertsons! Let's hope not!

I almost forgot to post an update to what I was saying in my previous post -- about the possible fate of the Vons grocery delivery service when Albertsons' parent company takes over and completes the acquisition of Safeway/Vons.

When I ordered my most recent grocery delivery (late March), I asked the Vons delivery guy what he thought -- or what was being discussed -- about the upcoming changes. He said that he and the other people specifically involved in the grocery delivery aspect of Vons stores, as well as a lot of the in-store employees of Vons, are already assuming that this means they will be out of a job when the deal is finalized. Some Vons or Safeway stores will have to close if they are in close proximity to Albertsons, as Albertsons will likely keep its name on all stores and won't want another store in the same family right across the street, for example. He said that some of the other delivery people and in-store employees are already looking for jobs elsewhere, as they are afraid of the rug being yanked out from under them when the ink is dry on the contracts.

I asked my delivery guy if he had any idea when they would know for sure (if the delivery service would be discontinued), and he said that he thinks they will know more in "about a year." I don't know if he meant, literally, one year from late March, or if he meant by the end of this year/beginning of 2015. He said there is still time for something to change but he and the other employees are not expecting that all of their jobs will remain intact and that the delivery service will remain intact.

So anything could happen and maybe Albertsons could suddenly decide once again that they want to get into grocery delivery in SoCal after they take over Safeway and Vons, but supposedly the Vons people -- and the grocery delivery people, in particular -- are not holding out hope.

The Vons grocery delivery service as we know it could be gone -- or could change drastically -- in the not too distant future.:worried:

I would love to be able to order some milk and yogurt and have them arrive just before my arrival at the DLH. Does anyone know how items requiring refrigeration are handled either by Von's or by DLH?

Thanks!

I would love to be able to order some milk and yogurt and have them arrive just before my arrival at the DLH. Does anyone know how items requiring refrigeration are handled either by Von's or by DLH?

Thanks!

AMLAD --

I've never had anything delivered to me at one of the DLR hotels or a nearby hotel (my deliveries have all been at home), but from what I've read on this board over the years it seems that sometimes the hotels will store the refrigerated items and sometimes they won't. Maybe that has been ironed out now and there is no further issue? Hopefully someone here has had a recent experience with refrigeration of the Vons items at their hotel and can let us know.

You might want to double check with the DLH ahead of time and make sure they will keep your cold items cold.

Vons keeps the frozen and refrigerated items cold and stored properly in their delivery vans until delivery, so that part of it should be okay.

I believe that Vons requires an order with a minimum total of $49 for delivery (it used to be an even $50), so you'd have to order $49 of items to have them delivered. Also, I don't know if the refrigerators in the DLH rooms would be much larger than the ones in the PPH rooms (which are what I am used to), but you might have to store the milk on its side if the carton/jug is too cumbersome (unless you get small cartons). Yogurt should fit nicely in the mini-refrigerator!

DLH and all DL resort properties will refrigerate your items for you. Just call the day before and let them know you are getting an order that needs refrigeration. We get the Vons delivery to GCH everytime since I have a little one and need milk and they always have it stored in refrigeration for us when we arrive. Then I have them bring the groceries up with our bags since it only costs a tip instead of everyone lugging extra stuff. Such a convenience to have the Vons delivery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter