• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vote

Mickey527

DIS Veteran
Ok, here's the dilemma. I was very angry at my oldest son last month. He had wanted to take his girlfriend and her 3 year old to WDW but didn't know anything about how to go about finding the best rates etc.. He asked me to go with them and do all the planning. Well long story but about 3 weeks ago he decided that they wanted to go alone, and I was un-invited. No biggie because I got to go to the May and June meets, but this is the first year since 1994 that I haven't been with my mouse on my birthday.
Well, he called me last night. He waited in line and got me the Aladdin dangle. So should I forgive him for going without me???

:confused: :confused: :confused: Peggie

I wouldn't say that getting the pin would totally cure the anger, it was kind of a rude thing. But at least it shows he was thinking of you. I am sure you will feel better about things later on.

seeing as I have two semi adults kids living with me. I know how quick they change their minds about everything they do. I would have been upset also but I am sure he never dreamed it would effect you that much. I'd say if he waited in line for a special pin and didnt just buy you a rack one, he still loves you!!! and you were definately on his mind.....plus maybe he was feeling a little guilty for being a turd. As he should. Teenagers and young adults...do we gotta love them, of course!!!! Smile when he gets home, and remember he did think of you at least once.

cindy

Peggie, do just this:

1. Take the pin.
2. Remove the pinback.
3. Place pin side up on a seat. Ask him to sit and slowly hear how much you appreciated the swap in lieu of the trip.

:mad: :p :mad: :p :mad: :p :mad: :p

Oh, I know, I know...

Wanda :rolleyes:

I'd say it might depend on how much you'd like this threesome to turn into a family.

If you do, then just figure maybe they needed the time alone together. If you don't, then no matter how annoyed, you are, try your best not to show it. That'd work against you.

:D

I'd ask him if he bought his, her and the child's 2 pins each allotment, so you can use 'em for traders. Then I'd forgive him, one way or the other.

Bridget,
I do think this threesome will be a family soon, so I have a built in grandchild, he already calls me grandma Peggie. But they went with her parents. They even booked at the place I had found for all of us. It is a long story, but her parents were not ready for the whole family thing. But I go enough, it just would have been fun to bring a 3 year old for his first trip.
So instead I am bringing my brother and sister in law and their 4 year old daughter and my most precious, most adorable, happiest and cutest godchild who is 1 year old the day after my birthday. I am going to use my DVC and stay in Jan when the crowds die down and they release more pins.(I hope.)
But Wanda, the pin thing sounds good too. Peggie

It may also be that he was under some pressure from the other members of the party and was hoping "Mom" would understand. I know you must be very disappointed but I'd put a good face on it and give him the benefit of the doubt since he may have felt he was a bit "on trial" with the potential inlaws since her parents went along.

As to not getting to introduce the three year old to the enchantment of Disney, just think how much fun you'll have when you take the tyke at five or six when he is less apt to be overwhelmed and will really know who Mickey is.

Be happy in the knowledge that you have brought him up to always have his priorities straight. Out with the old (mom), in with the new (mom). One of the harsh realities of having children. The pin offering was his way of telling you that you are appreciated for having done your job well but that now it's time to move on. After all, isn't that why we have kids in the first place? They're not our permanent toys to take out and admire like our pin collections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter