VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I know this is totally VWL/ Disney non-related but several of you know our DD Kristian and she posted this video to me so I could share our DGS 1st Birthday and 1st year in pictures and video. Please don't feel like you have to watch, but if you do feel compelled to watch, I hope you enjoy it!

Jimmy...that is a beautifully created video and the love of the parents shines through in every moment. What a great remembrance of an amazing year in all your lives. Thanks for sharing! :)

Jimmy...that is a beautifully created video and the love of the parents shines through in every moment. What a great remembrance of an amazing year in all your lives. Thanks for sharing! :)
Tom, glad you enjoyed it! That little boy has brought so much joy in our lives to think how we got to this point before without him, not sure how we did:-)And he loves, loves, loves his Maw Maw and his Uncle Casey like there is no tomorrow. Now his Paw Paw, not so sure what he thinks of me, until I start talking like Mickey and Goofy to him. He lights up then:D

Dad
You always know how to describe life in general as best as anyone I know. You hit parenthood right on the head!!

Early good morning, Groupies! I saw that we were heading to the bottom of the DVC Resorts forum, so here's a quick post. First, I've been up for awhile working on plans for my sub next Mon/Tue since I'll be in Maine helping DD move into her dorm. Don't even get me started on how verklempt I'm going to feel. Second, in actual Lodge news, Luv and I booked a room a couple of weeks ago at VWL for March. We waitlisted CC. Well, yesterday the waitlist came through, so we're excited about getting to check out the new accommodations at our Lodge. There are a few elements I'm not too keen on, but we still wanted to try them out. Now, we will. Have a good weekend, Groupies!

Sleepy
I will be interested to read your thoughts on CC. Congrats on the waitlist coming thru!

Early good morning, Groupies! I saw that we were heading to the bottom of the DVC Resorts forum, so here's a quick post. First, I've been up for awhile working on plans for my sub next Mon/Tue since I'll be in Maine helping DD move into her dorm. Don't even get me started on how verklempt I'm going to feel. Second, in actual Lodge news, Luv and I booked a room a couple of weeks ago at VWL for March. We waitlisted CC. Well, yesterday the waitlist came through, so we're excited about getting to check out the new accommodations at our Lodge. There are a few elements I'm not too keen on, but we still wanted to try them out. Now, we will. Have a good weekend, Groupies!

Looking forward to your thoughts on CC; we loved out stay there in December rand are looking forward to our next in Dec 2019.

Enjoy the moving in. Tip: make sure you have a box of kleenex packed and leave it for her in a prominent spot. My Mom did for me when she helped move me into University decades ago, and I needed it because once she left I cried all the way back to the room and then sat in the room crying for a while. The Kleenex was appreciated and used. You may need some for yourself, too...

SW

Second, in actual Lodge news, Luv and I booked a room a couple of weeks ago at VWL for March. We waitlisted CC. Well, yesterday the waitlist came through, so we're excited about getting to check out the new accommodations at our Lodge. There are a few elements I'm not too keen on, but we still wanted to try them out. Now, we will. Have a good weekend, Groupies!

Sleepy...these are my thoughts as well. I'm sure I will want to try out CCV at some point just to experience the difference. I think it will be interesting to stay in the main Lodge building...it has been 18 years since we last stayed at WL and I am sure there is something to be said for walking down the hall to that majestic lobby! We will enjoy reading your impressions as always. :)

I was looking forward to being back in the main building again in April but just ended up missing the peace and quiet of the Villas as well as the Villa lobby. I have family that wants to stay at CCV so we'll do that again but for the most part it will be VWL. And maybe someday a cabin. But those points! :faint: There were a lot of things I liked about the CCV studio but spent too much time contemplating the multi-color dresser. :laughing: Will be interesting to read what your thoughts are.

I was looking forward to being back in the main building again in April but just ended up missing the peace and quiet of the Villas as well as the Villa lobby. I have family that wants to stay at CCV so we'll do that again but for the most part it will be VWL. And maybe someday a cabin. But those points! :faint: There were a lot of things I liked about the CCV studio but spent too much time contemplating the multi-color dresser. :laughing: Will be interesting to read what your thoughts are.

I dream of staying in a cabin for a special anniversary, but I cannot get my head around those points. Regarding the multi-color dresser, I got used to the colors but I could not get used to the different drawer handles. They always bug me, it cannot be random use of drawer pulls as the back story goes when every drawer has a different handle, that is six unique handles. Last trip I found myself trying to figure out which handle would have been best for all the drawers. Goodness I hope I get over this obsession soon. :tilt:

Our dear niece, who we have treated like a granddaughter her whole life and everyone including her paternal grandmother think of us as grandparents, is leaving for college on Saturday. Yesterday we went out for dinner with her like we have done every week, when we are not traveling, for her entire life. Even DH (wdrl) was a little choked up that this lovely young woman who we are so proud of was going off on her own. We stopped by Target to buy some odds and ends and she needed shampoo and conditioner for the dorm. She was so excited to pick it out herself, ones that she wanted not what mom bought her. She will have so many new experiences coming up. But what is really nice is that she is only a text, face time or a phone call away, which was not the way it was for us when we went away from home the first time.

I have to admit I had to look up your Yiddish word, sleepydog25, but I pretty sure it will definitely apply that whole weekend.

Sleepy
I will be interested to read your thoughts on CC. Congrats on the waitlist coming thru!
Yes, looking forward to your thoughts on the CC accommodations.
Sleepy...these are my thoughts as well. I'm sure I will want to try out CCV at some point just to experience the difference. I think it will be interesting to stay in the main Lodge building...it has been 18 years since we last stayed at WL and I am sure there is something to be said for walking down the hall to that majestic lobby! We will enjoy reading your impressions as always. :)
I dream of staying in a cabin for a special anniversary, but I cannot get my head around those points. Regarding the multi-color dresser, I got used to the colors but I could not get used to the different drawer handles. They always bug me, it cannot be random use of drawer pulls as the back story goes when every drawer has a different handle, that is six unique handles. Last trip I found myself trying to figure out which handle would have been best for all the drawers. Goodness I hope I get over this obsession soon. :tilt:
I will be sure to give my particular take on the room--it is a studio. I had to chuckle about the dresser comments as those were my exact sentiments when I first saw pictures of them and again when I toured a studio. I think they'd probably be fine in OKW, perhaps. Just a weird choice.

Looking forward to your thoughts on CC; we loved out stay there in December rand are looking forward to our next in Dec 2019.

Enjoy the moving in. Tip: make sure you have a box of kleenex packed and leave it for her in a prominent spot. My Mom did for me when she helped move me into University decades ago, and I needed it because once she left I cried all the way back to the room and then sat in the room crying for a while. The Kleenex was appreciated and used. You may need some for yourself, too...

SW
I get misty-eyed just reading your tip. I'm sure my daughter will cry; I know her mother will; and I most definitely will, too. She stopped by my classroom yesterday toward the end of my final class--I called upon her "expertise" with language to help out a couple of the 8th graders. After, we talked a bit, and she gave me some suggestions about how to proceed with a couple of classes. lol I walked her part way to her car when she left, and I could see in her eyes that she's soaking up all the last-minute love and hope and kindness and smiles that she can before we head up this weekend. When I was the middle school secretary the last three years, she would stop by at least three times a week, often every day, on her way to or from a class (we share some common doorways). Sigh. I'm gonna be a wreck.

Sleepy, when both of our boys went off to school I was a mess...our older son went away for the 4 years, and when he returned, our younger son went off to private prep for a post-graduate year, and then went to Vermont for college.

Funny side note: Dana and my September WDW trips commenced the year our youngest went to college. I desperately needed a diversion to get me through to the first hockey game of the season...once they started playing we saw him every weekend.

FYI...we still go in September and most of the time he and his gf come with us!

Good luck!

I know I mentioned this during our Groupie meet last December, but Dana and I really loved CCV. Should I be :duck:

Morning, Groupies! Here are a few pictures of our sister Lodge in CA. I took lots of pics, but I'll limit this note to just a few and will post more later. Oh, did I mention we had a glorious Grand Villa for two nights? pirate:

The expansive main living area
de53ad9b-b33b-4e4e-a077-7ff667161b0d_zpswpiz78rg.jpg

Standing next to the floor to ceiling windows and looking back. . .
770b461f-e4f1-4ff7-9661-2eb52ace17d4_zpsffvzvhrs.jpg

The master bedroom is off to the right, kitchen/dining room area to the left. Behind the partition in the center of the picture are a) door #1 to the unit and b) to the right of the partition stairs leading up to the next level.

Speaking of the kitchen. . .
dbc126c2-f500-4add-be3d-f46a7873375a_zps0z5p5e3y.jpg

The dining area begins in the bottom left of the picture. Note all the storage! The main problem with this area? So many light switches! One controlled the main lights, another the fan in the dining room, another the accent lighting, and yet another for the main area lighting. Not a bad problem to have, eh?

Have a marvelous weekend! I'm off to Maine!!

Nice pics of GCV Sleepy!
Cant wait to see it for ourselves in Feb!!
Safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter