VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Yes, we have enjoyed LTT several times. We like it especially over the Christmas season as it lends itself to the decorations much like WL. And dining with DDad and Di always makes a meal better! :)

Oh, I wish we could! But alas we have 101 days until our next trip to WDW. :(

We have enjoyed many of the restaurants over the years, but few of them really stick out in my mind. We do tend to like the Plaza restaurant at MK...simple menu but everything has been good and you can't beat those ice cream dessert options at the end! Like @jimmytammy , we have put the Rose & Crown in our regular rotation...almost always get the corned beef. And we have split a burger at Burger Deluxe in Disney Springs and found it to be plenty for us. The Grand Floridian Cafe has also become one of our favorite places.

Have fun planning your trip! :)

I wish we could be there with everyone in December! Funny, The Plaza and GF Cafe are also our favs as well.

Speaking of Rose and Crown, do we need a reservation if we just want to sit and have a beverage?

Corinne, I do need to add another, DS...Morimoto Asia if for nothing else but the ribs. I don't usually order ribs as many places it becomes a chore for me to eat them. But here, those bad boys fall of the bone and aren't questionable as to which part to eat or not. And the taste, whoa baby are they good! Our 1st time there, Casey got them, I got another dish and the whole time I am watching him eat(after he gave me a small sample)was wishing I had ordered what he had

Last edited:
I wish we could be there with everyone in December! Funny, The Plaza and GF Cafe are also our favs as well.

Speaking of Rose and Crown, do we need a reservation if we just want to sit and have a beverage?
Not to order drinks. And you can order some food from the Pub. Try the Scotch eggs, also the toffee pudding. I just had lunch and now my mouth is watering:D

Just back from Maine and moving in the kiddo. My views on AP and WL remain the same. I'm all for a character meal for breakfast and even lunch; however, I would have only derision for a character meal at dinner. I don't believe the Snow White theme is appropriate, though that has never stopped Disney from making changes before. As for AP, for some it may be and have been very disappointing, but over the years, it's been an overall excellent venue for us. Yes, we've had an off meal a couple of times, but every single restaurant I've visited more than a couple of times has those. . .including the Signatures at Disney. Changing to a character meal--especially if it turns out to be all day long--is NOT going to improve AP. The food quality will be questionable--I can't think of a single character meal where the food is consistently good or truly above average. Character meals draw crowds. Crowds draw quicker turnover. Quicker turnover leads to largely average quality of food at best, poorer quality at worst. Besides, the track record at WL isn't good of late. RF went from an above average QS to a below average one after the refurbishment. Geyser Point started well, but has taken a step back the past few months. Even Territory Lounge is suffering as they've reduced their menu. So, I don't hold out much hope for any character meal to improve the eating situation at the Lodge. Will it bring in more people? No doubt. Is that ideal for the qualities that made me fall in love with VWL and WL? No. But, it will make money, and in the end, that's what Disney is all about. ;)

Checked into a 1 bd today & got a huge room on the corner 5th floor. I am in love! My DH will kill me if I add any more points, but what a gorgeous, comfortable resort!
Those corner rooms are awesome! Enjoy:-)

Sleepy
Glad to see you back!
Seems like the powers that be that are making decisions these days about WL in general and its eating establishments are making them from a bonehead board room
Snow White and the 7 little guys would make a great choice as a character meal, in another place. I might would splurge for that one myself. But not here, not at AP. I could see them fitting in better at Trails End at night. IMO, Ft Wilderness has no major theming other than its a campground and a nice one at that. But to fit this into the theme of WL, nope. Its a German fairytale, WL screams Wild West to me.
Its business, I get it, but this one seems so far fetched, its way off in left field if the rumor is true.

. . . . . . Speaking of Rose and Crown, do we need a reservation if we just want to sit and have a beverage?

One of the cool secrets of EPCOT is the garden at Rose & Crown. Most visitors think you need to be seated in the garden since the beer and reservation desk is right at the walkway into the garden. Please tell no one . . . just walk in and sit down. There is no service in the garden so bring something with you. We love to sit and enjoy the atmosphere in the afternoon. there always is a seat or two available. PLEASE - TELL NO ONE! :rolleyes1

I can see the desire to put a character meal in the Lodge, as I think most of the resorts its size have one. But usually, they have a character mean AND a signature. Seems like they should have thought of that when they did the all the work on CCV. I don't hate the idea of Snow White in the location; it's a bit of a stretch, but I think it could work.

Disney in general is starting to worry me (in CA especially); I understand trying to capitalize on your popularity, but the quality and level of customer focus just does not seem to be there lately ...

One of the cool secrets of EPCOT is the garden at Rose & Crown. Most visitors think you need to be seated in the garden since the beer and reservation desk is right at the walkway into the garden. Please tell no one . . . just walk in and sit down. There is no service in the garden so bring something with you. We love to sit and enjoy the atmosphere in the afternoon. there always is a seat or two available. PLEASE - TELL NO ONE! :rolleyes1

Your secret is safe with me! Thanks for the tip DDad!:)

What?!?!

Er, I mean, what's this nothing something that you're talking about? Count me as a did not know that. :scratchin

Just a quick break between classes to elaborate a bit more about my trip to Maine. I flew. DD and her mom drove. We met in Lewiston (the home city of Bates College) and had dinner the night before the big move in. We were first to unload the next morning (hey, I'm ex-military), and we had tons of help from the student reps. We were inside with all her stuff within 20 minutes, and then spent two hours unpacking and setting up to include raising the bed in order to store stuff under it, putting together a desk chair, hanging up clothes, moving the desk to a better location (bed, too), and also a couple of trips to the nearby Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Lowe's, and Wally World. By noon, we were eating lunch at the school-sponsored BBQ, then relaxed in the p.m. At 4:45, the president spoke (she's an impressive woman) and by 5, we were eating fresh baked cookies on the quad. We walked back to the room, and then we said our goodbyes. I was fine until the moment I said, "okay, time for me to get out of here." DD teared up a bit and that was it for me. Truly, it wasn't excruciating, just new. Now, her mom just about couldn't leave, but I was okay within a couple of minutes. I couldn't help but smile even since I knew this was the place my daughter had been dreaming of for several months, and she was excited to be there.

I got back Tuesday and was back to work yesterday. Received a text from her this morning: "Bye, love you!" She is off on her orientation, which at Bates involves some sort of nature excursion. Hers is a 4-day, 3-night hike along a feeder trail that hooks up to the Appalachian Trail--20 miles in those 4 days, and camping out during the night. She's not a camper by nature, but she was very excited about this adventure. And so it begins. . .

Last edited:
Yup - Dead SIG walking :(.

AP is now CHARACTER DINING, Not SIGNATURE DINING. So WL no longer has any Signature Restaurants... :(.
We are saddened.... fortunately? Both the GF (3 REAL SIGS), and Contemporary (1 REAL SIG), are a short Cab, Bus+Monorail, or Boat ride away.

DVC, homed at BRV.... Whispering Canyon is STILL great for that morning Breakfast :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter