VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Did anyone watch a livestream of the new Enchantment tonight? Wow. Who is cutting onions? This is the way it should have been from the start. Wish I could go back and see it in person.
I didn’t know it was going to be on
Where can I catch a re-showing of it
I would love to see it

Here is the stream from ResortTV. The fireworks start at 2:01 into it so about 3/4 of the way in. Let me know what you think.
I loved the addition, it's quirky, fun, historic Walt Disney, would wouldn't?
Here's a better view of the castle graphics, queued up for you:

I try not to watch Resort TV 1 as they are always bending Disney's rules restricting advertising in the parks and the host has rather explosive personality.

Last edited:
Hello, fellow groupies. It's a blast from your past. I'm still retired and still living 13 minutes away (but I can do it in 10) from Wilderness Lodge. It would be nice to see all of you this holiday season. I'll keep my nose (and eyeballs) here a bit more often to see who, if anyone, will be at our beloved Lodge come December.

Last edited:
Disney long ago lost the spontaneity that made it fun for me. However, I managed up until the pandemic. Since then, with the added stressors of having to choose parks, constantly use your app to do nearly anything, and make dining reservations so far ahead of time, the experience seems muted by how much you must now embrace technology and higher prices. I will sound old (and I am...ish), but I remember Disney extolling the experiences you could enjoy and soaking up the sights, smells, and sounds. Now, at least for me, Disney seems to hawk the experiences through things you must purchase: Genie+, Lightning Lane, parties, events, et. al. That's a different Disney, and that's a problem for me.

In other news...well, there really isn't any, so have a good rest of your weekend, Groupies!

You hit the nail on the head! This is exactly why our March trip will be 1 park day (Epcot Flower & Garden - another first) out of a 10 day trip. We're staying at AKL- savannah view for the first time, BWV's for the first time on our own points and then moving to BRV for a first trip after refurb. We decided we'd just hang around the resorts and maybe a Universal Studios day thrown in. There might be a day trip thrown in but we'll see what we feel like when we get there.

Work has been extremely stressful for DH lately so our trip in 2 weeks is a welcome reprieve. We're making it a little more low key than normal.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

I loved the addition, it's quirky, fun, historic Walt Disney, would wouldn't?
Here's a better view of the castle graphics, queued up for you:

I try not to watch Resort TV 1 as they are always bending Disney's rules restricting advertising in the parks and the host has rather explosive personality.
Wow I honestly never experienced that with them. I have always seen Josh and Jenn be so nice and friendly. What do you mean by explosive? Do you mean one of them gets upset? I assume you would mean Josh. What do they advertise? There is another one I sometimes watch that would definitely fit your description to a T lol. I stopped watching him as much.

Hello, fellow groupies. It's a blast from your past. I'm still retired and still living 13 minutes away (but I can do it in 10) from Wilderness Lodge. It would be nice to see all of you this holiday season. I'll keep my nose (and eyeballs) here a bit more often to see who, if anyone, will be at our beloved Lodge come December.
Helllooooo! Nice to hear from you!

WD
Great to see you here! Fingers crossed that some Groupies will be there round Dec for a meet

Twinkle and DLI
Thanks for posting those videos
Can’t wait to check those out with my family

Well I finally got the chance to see the Enchantment show. Wow! Its been awhile since the fireworks shows made much of an impression on me. But the coolest part was making sure we still understand who started it all. Walt and Roy with a sprinkling of old school Mickey. We cant ever forget Walt and Roy and their dreams and they did a good job IMO of mixing the old and new together. I hope it inspires some young ones to ask who those 2 guys were and learn more about them. Gave me goosebumps:-)

Well I finally got the chance to see the Enchantment show. Wow! Its been awhile since the fireworks shows made much of an impression on me. But the coolest part was making sure we still understand who started it all. Walt and Roy with a sprinkling of old school Mickey. We cant ever forget Walt and Roy and their dreams and they did a good job IMO of mixing the old and new together. I hope it inspires some young ones to ask who those 2 guys were and learn more about them. Gave me goosebumps:-)
Yeah they really made it right. Wish I could get back there to see it in person again.

Yeah it has been pretty quiet on here lately. Maybe we need something to do. Ok groupies if you could meet Walt what would you like to ask him or say to him? For me I would just thank him for creating something that brings me so much joy.
DLI
I too would thank him for creating such special magic, in the movies, parks and everything else he had a hand in. He recognized the need for a family park and took it upon himself to create it.
He made an indelible mark on me as a youngster with his historical based shows, so much so that he brought history alive for me. Fictionalization to the max, yes, but it still sparked an interest that this old man still has a sparkle in his eye for. Thanks Walt!

DLI
I too would thank him for creating such special magic, in the movies, parks and everything else he had a hand in. He recognized the need for a family park and took it upon himself to create it.
He made an indelible mark on me as a youngster with his historical based shows, so much so that he brought history alive for me. Fictionalization to the max, yes, but it still sparked an interest that this old man still has a sparkle in his eye for. Thanks Walt!
Beautifully said!

I'd ask him what he thinks of Chapek and how he is handling things? :crazy2:
Good one!
Cant put words in other folks mouths, but I get a sneaky feeling Walt wouldn't be too happy with Paycheck. Walt never was a money man, Roy did all that. Walt was more about making the product the best it could be, and then some. He understood it was the necessary evil that got in the way of his creative side.

We just got home. We stayed at Riviera and really enjoyed it. We went to a MNSSHP, and I think the parade and fireworks were absolutely wonderful.

After Riviera we were upgraded to a Concierge two bedroom at BC, because our BCV one bedroom was out of service. Our friends and we had a great time there too!

The exceptional service we received happened at the Beach Club BEFORE we were in CL, while we were staying at Riviera. We got a Beaches and Cream ADR, and enjoyed our meal and expected to take Skyliner back to Riviera, but a thunderstorm began and the Skyliner stopped.

We stopped at the desk to see what our options were. The CM knew we had two ECVs. There are busses available, but the CM noted that with the two ECVs we could be separated. He got his manager to approve a Minnievan for us! The four of us felt so very happy for this service. They did check that we were staying in Riviera.

740B718A-FAAA-4532-8DB7-C4BFD0130652.jpeg1D2FB10E-F75A-4226-BE6C-8AFAFF5B5C32.jpeg

It was the next morning as we were eating breakfast that I got the call that we were upgraded.

Here’s a picture from the BC balcony.

084A2927-2EFB-4BCC-AE9D-30731B2F083A.jpeg
Beverly in the middle has been my friend since Kindergarten!

The Concierge lounge was well stocked and we enjoyed some good food. My favorites were the lox with bagel, cream cheese and capers one morning, and baked salmon with lentils the second dinner time. Mickey ice cream sandwiches were always available! Sure I had one!

I have mentioned before that since we need busses, with two ECV’s I am reluctant to book VWL. DH will have a knee replacement in two weeks, and we are hoping that allows him to just rent one at a park. We look forward to staying at VWL again.

I would thank Walt for his terrific gift to the world. When we were at the Disney Museum on our MC ABD, this particular editorial cartoon was displayed among others, but this has meant the most to me.

1662296078717.jpeg
His legacy remains.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter