VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I was watching some livestream earlier. I'm not sure how I feel about the Encanto themed land at AK...I think I liked the original rumor being Zootopia land more!! It's AK...Zootopia would make sense, and it would have been so cute!
I saw it could be a possible Indy Jones land too. Dino ride would retrofit to that theming, since the ride in DL is basically same track, same vehicles. I would love to see a Indy J land! That franchise is huge. I haven't seen Encanto so not sure how that would fit into AK, but Zootopia I could see.

also for those who are interested there is a poolside drink service at the BR pool only, not the main pool (or so we were told by our server Daphne)
Hey Nainolaf
Awesome that you are having a great time! And a great view too:goodvibes

You mentioned the quiet pool having a server, are they there all day, from pool open til close? We will be there in around a month, and have a free day while we will be waiting for the remainder of our family to arrive. Just a thought to hang out by the pool and take it all in, chilling and relaxing

Hey Nainolaf
Awesome that you are having a great time! And a great view too:goodvibes

You mentioned the quiet pool having a server, are they there all day, from pool open til close? We will be there in around a month, and have a free day while we will be waiting for the remainder of our family to arrive. Just a thought to hang out by the pool and take it all in, chilling and relaxing
Hi,

The sever Daphne was there from around lunchtime untul approx 16.00-17.00 (not sure exact time sorry) she said that the server only covered the BR pool and that it wasnt an everyday thing, we’ve just come back from the pool at 12.00 and no server there today yet, maybe ask at Geyser point if anybody will be serving that day!
Have a lovely time 😀

I haven't seen Encanto so not sure how that would fit into AK,
Encanto is set in Colombia, and the beginning of the first Indiana Jones was set in the jungles of Central/South America. They’re talking about theming that area to Central America and the northern part of South America, due to the “great biodiversity” of the area.

Me either
I get it, they are making it PC, but cmon, its a bunch of animated bears, no one takes this stuff seriously
Even my daughter is bummed about it. She just loves the corniness of the current show. I guess we should be glad that they at least are keeping the bears at all but I'm not happy that they feel they have to recycle songs from their movies instead of coming up with some original tunes.

Encanto is set in Colombia, and the beginning of the first Indiana Jones was set in the jungles of Central/South America. They’re talking about theming that area to Central America and the northern part of South America, due to the “great biodiversity” of the area.
Raiders of the Lost Ark was set in Central/South America? :confused:

I think I saw where it’s supposed to be in Peru…
Could be, if there are jungles in Peru. I’m not sophisticated enough to know whether the carvings are Aztec, Mayan or Incan! In any case, the Imagineers believe an Indiana Jones ride would fit in northern South America or Central America.

We are at BRV now, 3 nights into a 6 night stay, not stayed at WL for 15 years and i’m glad to say it’s still as amazing as ever! We are on the 4th floor with a pool/ lake view (through the tree tops). The olny small gripes we have are that there is only 1 bedside table in the room which is a pain as I like to have my phone or watch there to see the time, do t know why they didnt do what they did in the GFV and put a small shelf in! I have stacked the 2 stools to cobble together a kind of bedside. The other issue is Geyser point being the sole pool bar now, its a wonderful restaurant with great food and lovely views (we’ve eaten ther 3 times now) but its not really near the pools like the original bar was, also for those who are interested there is a poolside drink service at the BR pool only, not the main pool (or so we were told by our server Daphne)…..we really love this place though and great to be back!
Great to hear, hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

We are at BRV now, 3 nights into a 6 night stay, not stayed at WL for 15 years and i’m glad to say it’s still as amazing as ever! We are on the 4th floor with a pool/ lake view (through the tree tops). The olny small gripes we have are that there is only 1 bedside table in the room which is a pain as I like to have my phone or watch there to see the time, do t know why they didnt do what they did in the GFV and put a small shelf in! I have stacked the 2 stools to cobble together a kind of bedside. The other issue is Geyser point being the sole pool bar now, its a wonderful restaurant with great food and lovely views (we’ve eaten ther 3 times now) but its not really near the pools like the original bar was, also for those who are interested there is a poolside drink service at the BR pool only, not the main pool (or so we were told by our server Daphne)…..we really love this place though and great to be back!
Geyser Point is wonderful, but you're correct about it not serving either pool well. I've always felt Disney missed a great opportunity to put in a Signature restaurant on the water there--relocating Artist Point to the spot now occupied by GP would have been my dream. Instead, they took away a Signature, put in a character meet dinner, added a combo TS/QS (GP), and took away a nice pool bar. Subtraction by addition.

Geyser Point is wonderful, but you're correct about it not serving either pool well. I've always felt Disney missed a great opportunity to put in a Signature restaurant on the water there--relocating Artist Point to the spot now occupied by GP would have been my dream. Instead, they took away a Signature, put in a character meet dinner, added a combo TS/QS (GP), and took away a nice pool bar. Subtraction by addition.
This is summed up perfectly.

Spot on 👍🏻

At the very least, they need to convert the Salon at the Springs from whatever pointless use it has now, back to a pool bar/QS. It's there, it's already plumbed to be a food location, and the main pool really needs it.

While I realize Reunion Station is technically a DVC "space", it's not being utilized for anything other than foosball and board games, and any activities they are doing at the Salon would make much more sense over there, especially since they do the movies over there on that little lawn anyway. When they have the tables set up for tie die or whatever craft they are doing outside the Salon, it just creates more traffic and crowds the limited space up even more.

I haven't caught all the announcement details but did they say when Country Bears might be closing down for the change? I'm very sad about that one and hoping it isn't one of their announce and it's closing next week things.

At the very least, they need to convert the Salon at the Springs from whatever pointless use it has now, back to a pool bar/QS. It's there, it's already plumbed to be a food location, and the main pool really needs it.

While I realize Reunion Station is technically a DVC "space", it's not being utilized for anything other than foosball and board games, and any activities they are doing at the Salon would make much more sense over there, especially since they do the movies over there on that little lawn anyway. When they have the tables set up for tie die or whatever craft they are doing outside the Salon, it just creates more traffic and crowds the limited space up even more.
While walking past the old pool bar during our May stay I too thought they needed to bring it back as a pool bar. Miss that place!
And Reunion station - they need to turn it into what it was supposed to be before they got greedy with all the upcharge experiences and get a community hall going.

I haven't caught all the announcement details but did they say when Country Bears might be closing down for the change? I'm very sad about that one and hoping it isn't one of their announce and it's closing next week things.

While walking past the old pool bar during our May stay I too thought they needed to bring it back as a pool bar. Miss that place!
And Reunion station - they need to turn it into what it was supposed to be before they got greedy with all the upcharge experiences and get a community hall going.
I haven't heard when they are gonna start on the Bears but I'm hoping not till after February so I can see it one last time.

Hi Groupies!
Hope you are all well. :)Quick question - are there any discounted 1 day passes available? We are going the day after Thanksgiving and the first (2) days are AP blackout days.

I haven't heard when they are gonna start on the Bears but I'm hoping not till after February so I can see it one last time.
Me too. Going to be there in Oct but I sure hope they hold out for awhile for all us groupies to get in one last show
That show brings back fond memories for our family. We always pick on Tammy when Big Al comes out singing "Blood on the Saddle" and we tell her to keep her composure and not run towards the stage all excited and stuff.

1st time I ever had a celebrity sighting was at CBJ. It was Robert Urich and his wife, who played one of the Von Trapp girls on "Sound of Music" movie with Julie Andrews. They were sitting directly in front of us. Sadly, he passed away a couple yrs after that.

But CBJ still holds a special place, always will, Walt had a hand in it even though he never saw it at WDW.

Me too. Going to be there in Oct but I sure hope they hold out for awhile for all us groupies to get in one last show
That show brings back fond memories for our family. We always pick on Tammy when Big Al comes out singing "Blood on the Saddle" and we tell her to keep her composure and not run towards the stage all excited and stuff.

1st time I ever had a celebrity sighting was at CBJ. It was Robert Urich and his wife, who played one of the Von Trapp girls on "Sound of Music" movie with Julie Andrews. They were sitting directly in front of us. Sadly, he passed away a couple yrs after that.

But CBJ still holds a special place, always will, Walt had a hand in it even though he never saw it at WDW.
Plus they removed it from DL years ago (for Pooh) so it's the last standing. I have fond memories of seeing it with my parents so it going away is particularly sad. It begs the question when they'll stop doing these "updates". Tiki Room - back to the original. Figment - it's not back but talk about one that is continually noted as the best version being the 1st. Test Track - I still miss when it themed to it's name and now it's changing again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter