VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Maybe it’s time we all band together and send mass emails to the manager letting them know we don’t like the idea of the music change
I listen to that music all of the time at home and it's one of the things I look forward to when I go to the Lodge. It really adds to the atmosphere. If anyone wants to send those emails I'm in if possible as a non DVC owner.

I listen to that music all of the time at home and it's one of the things I look forward to when I go to the Lodge. It really adds to the atmosphere. If anyone wants to send those emails I'm in if possible as a non DVC owner.
I don't see why you can't send an email if you're a cash guest as opposed to a DVC owner staying on points.

Maybe it’s time we all band together and send mass emails to the manager letting them know we don’t like the idea of the music change
I’m onboard with that! Just tell me who to send it to. I really hope this is not true. People on FB who are there now say that the music is the same. There are others who say that they’ve never even noticed the music! I can’t even imagine that.
In other news, I also read that the resort boat loop is coming back on Oct. 1st. I hope that one’s true!

I’m onboard with that! Just tell me who to send it to. I really hope this is not true. People on FB who are there now say that the music is the same. There are others who say that they’ve never even noticed the music! I can’t even imagine that.
In other news, I also read that the resort boat loop is coming back on Oct. 1st. I hope that one’s true!
Haven't even noticed the music??? :sad2:

Oh I hope the rumor on the music is wrong and that the rumor on the boats is correct!!! I've missed those boats so much! Mostly when staying at BLT - I want to visit WL and FW easily. hehe

BRV studio stay this August...my pros and cons.

Initially I was given 4533...aka the only one without a balcony! Why is there a studio without a balcony? I went to the front desk and was given 1554...a first floor room WAY down the hall on the bus loop. It was quiet but I am not a big fan of 1st floor rooms when travelling alone. However I was grateful to the CM for finding me a different room and took it with a smile and a word of gratitude.

Pros..... love the flooring and carpet. The curtains are on point with the theming and I love the colours used. The kitchenette is incredibly well designed and very functional.

Cons... storage!!!!! Aka there is none! Three drawers are completely insufficient. There is ONE towel rack in the bathroom. No hooks or a small shelf in the entrance way. 2 USBs in the whole room. No lighting or USB in the smaller pull down bed. I can't see how this lack of storage would make this room functional for 5 people, yet that is what the room capacity is. I really miss the table and chairs.

All being said, I enjoyed my stay. I had an incredible Lodge tour with Ranger Jack (not to be missed), thoroughly enjoyed the Boulder Ridge Cove pool (especially the cabanas) and was very happy to be "home". :)

Initially I was given 4533...aka the only one without a balcony! Why is there a studio without a balcony? I went to the front desk and was given 1554...a first floor room WAY down the hall on the bus loop. It was quiet but I am not a big fan of 1st floor rooms when travelling alone. However I was grateful to the CM for finding me a different room and took it with a smile and a word of gratitude.

Pros..... love the flooring and carpet. The curtains are on point with the theming and I love the colours used. The kitchenette is incredibly well designed and very functional.

Cons... storage!!!!! Aka there is none! Three drawers are completely insufficient. There is ONE towel rack in the bathroom. No hooks or a small shelf in the entrance way. 2 USBs in the whole room. No lighting or USB in the smaller pull down bed. I can't see how this lack of storage would make this room functional for 5 people, yet that is what the room capacity is. I really miss the table and chairs.

All being said, I enjoyed my stay. I had an incredible Lodge tour with Ranger Jack (not to be missed), thoroughly enjoyed the Boulder Ridge Cove pool (especially the cabanas) and was very happy to be "home". :)
My big complaint was one trash can for the entire master bedroom and 1 for the 2nd bedroom in a 2BR villa. None in the toilet rooms, none in the bed areas. It was crazy and I had them bring me two more. I forgot that I meant to submit a suggestion/complaint about that. Oh - and everything for cleaning the floors was gone. Vacuums removed a few years ago but now not even a broom and dust pan.

My big complaint was one trash can for the entire master bedroom and 1 for the 2nd bedroom in a 2BR villa. None in the toilet rooms, none in the bed areas. It was crazy and I had them bring me two more. I forgot that I meant to submit a suggestion/complaint about that. Oh - and everything for cleaning the floors was gone. Vacuums removed a few years ago but now not even a broom and dust pan.
Thanks for that info. I will definitely ask for more trash cans when we go. I always move hotel trash cans around to suit me, but only having 2 in a unit that large is not enough.

Sometimes I think Disney does little, easy to fix things, such as a change in music, to irk people, get responses to see who's paying attention and then restores the item in question to make members feel like they've made an impact.

It could also be a good form of misdirection as they make other changes.
Thanks for that info. I will definitely ask for more trash cans when we go. I always move hotel trash cans around to suit me, but only having 2 in a unit that large is not enough.
I just pop out paper bags from the grocery delivery to catch the tissues or dry items being disposed of, then I walk them to the trash room myself as I don't expect the room check person to know those are trash.
The missing broom/dustpan and steamers bother me. I need a way to keep those floors clean.

It isn't about being able to find some way to collect the trash. It's that you have to walk all over the place to deposit something as little as a string or a kleenex. To point out - every other DVC has more trash cans and BRV also used to. I do not feel it's appropriate to have to now "make" your own trash cans. Just put the same number back. FWIW housekeeping was not the least big surprised they were asked to drop off 2 more. I don't think I was the 1st to request them. There was of course the trash can under the sink in the kitchen but no others in the living area.

Last edited:
It isn't about being able to find some way to collect the trash. It's that you have to walk all over the place to deposit something as little as a string or a kleenex. To point out - every other DVC has more trash cans and BRV also used to. I do not feel it's appropriate to have to now "make" your own trash cans. Just put the same number back. FWIW housekeeping was not the least big surprised they were asked to drop off 2 more. I don't think I was the 1st to request them. There was of course the trash can under the sink in the kitchen but no others in the living area.

Thanks for the tip on asking for more trashcans. I've been annoyed with the lack of trash cans, but always just figured I needed to live with it. I guess I didn't know we could ask for more containers! Our upcoming trip we will have a 2BR so a couple of extra containers will probably come in handy.

Yes I agree with this; thought it was pretty crazy. And maybe it’s just me, but I had a devil of a time finding the light switch in the 2nd bedroom bathroom! :confused3 The room is painted white and the towels are white….and guess what color the light switch and paddle are….I finally located it when I took a towel off the rack and it was behind the towel, a few inches lower than I would have looked. I should have taken a photo. :rolleyes:

What time was the lodge tour?
We would like to do one this time if available.

Memories of our last day at WL (2014)... my 16 yo and his friend showing up with refillable mugs overflowing with soft serve.

o_O Me: I don't think that's what they mean by "refillable" boys.
Boys: giggled and literally skipped off as goofy as you'd expect a pair of awkwardly tall kids to - They were SO happy I just let it be, pretty sure I told them not to do it again.

I was so embarrassed. I went down and offered to pay but the cashier didn't want to hear it, commenting that the magic was meant to be.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter