VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Julie and Bobbi...our very own world travelers! We love your stories and photos from your trips and thanks for letting us travel vicariously with you on your globe trotting trips and cruises! And of course we always enjoy the pictures!

Bobbi
Love the pictures! We saw the cruise ship in Dover when we were there visiting and felt so excited to have a piece of home nearby

Wow, that should be a great experience! Did you wind up buying more points? What a wonderful trip that should be with such an extended family. Of course, we expect plenty of pictures and a report back to the Groupies after! And, yes, you're correct, we do understand when you say, "Can't wait to get back to WL!"
I am really excited!

We bought a resale contract that had 50 points from 2015, and then the full 150 from 2016 and 2017. I rented the 50 2015 points through David's because we couldn't make anything work to use them by the end of July. They rented immediately and I used that money towards a transfer from another member of 150 VB points...so even though this trip will cost us 500 points, we are only having to borrow 50 from our 2018 points.

Pictures galore for sure!

Elizabeth...welcome to the Groupies thread, and WELCOME HOME for your new DVC purchase...very exciting!!

Cabin and/or Grand Villa accommodations for your first DVC trip? You will be spoiled! And if you end up in a cabin, it looks like there is plenty of room for an air mattress or two if that helps with the sleeping set up. Very nice of you to invite your sister and family for your first DVC trip. You'll have an amazing time I'm sure! :)
Thanks! And I know...spoiled for sure. My sister and her family have never been to WDW...I am hoping we hook them in, they become members too, and then we vacation together with our kids from here on out! (We have an 11 and 6 year old, and theirs are 4 and 6.) :)

Hello all! We're returning in October with our first DVC studio stay, 2 nights at VWL. We really enjoyed our stay in the regular lodge, the settings and amenities were fantastic. Even though we own at Bay Lake, I'm looking forward to staying here once again!

Got a great feeling that the pool will be open way before the planned date

I'll agree with those who believe the pool will open before 7/17. In May, multiple CM's indicated that July 4 was the target date to open both the pool and Roaring Fork. Have a great trip! :)

Hello all! We're returning in October with our first DVC studio stay, 2 nights at VWL. We really enjoyed our stay in the regular lodge, the settings and amenities were fantastic. Even though we own at Bay Lake, I'm looking forward to staying here once again!

Roxy...you sure know how to get on the good side of the Groupies! :) I'm sure you'll have another great stay in October at our beloved VWL.

Welcome, Roxy! And welcome back, vwlfan!

It struck me that Luv and I will be in the World on the 4th, and though we aren't staying at VWL (it was a last-minuteish trip so all that was available was SSR), we do plan to go over to go over a day or so after the 4th.. We'll let you know if they've opened up the new pool and RF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter