VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmy, DVC members with an existing reservation for the party date can begin booking on 10/24.
Thanks Corinne! We are booked for VWL(which, can I say, I can't wait for, because its been such a long time since we have stayed there)4th-10th. We are planning on driving down the day before after a family Christmas get together. I am going to put that ressie date in my phone right now!! We tend to get no notifications via email or mail by DVC unless they are wanting to sell us something:D

@twokats .... I hope that Hurricane Harvey is not causing you much too much of an issue for you. It looks like it is hitting Houston/Corpus Christi area but I'm sure the effects will be widespread.

I'm not sure which other Groupies live in Texas but my prayers are with all.

082517 10:10 am.jpg
@twokats .... I hope that Hurricane Harvey is not causing you much too much of an issue for you. It looks like it is hitting Houston/Corpus Christi area but I'm sure the effects will be widespread.

I'm not sure which other Groupies live in Texas but my prayers are with all.

Thanks. So far here in Missouri City, Texas (aka Sienna Plantation, TX) we only have been getting bands of light rain with occasional normal Texas rain. Although it now looks like we will continue to have rain for 5 or 6 days, maybe longer. The radar looks worse than it actually is though. BTW the photo of the radar shows our home where the red pin is located.

Last edited:
Hello Groupies :wave:

As I am watching the news I also hope that our Texas Groupies will be safe.
May Harvey be a big harmless bunny-storm.

I had to look up what Moonlight Magic is! I'm so lame! I hope all who get to go have a wonderful time!

Speaking of eclipses....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It was a bucket list item for both myself and Mr Muush. So we started our plans a long time ago. We sort of argued about where would be the best place to view it. Fortunately, I won. I wanted Columbia SC and Mr Muush wanted Charleston. Boy did we go to the right place. No clouds. No traffic. Of course it helped that we arrived a day early and left the next day.

Before the eclipse I heard this analogy.
Viewing a partial eclipse as opposed to viewing a total eclipse is like riding in a plane as opposed to skydiving out of it.
After the eclipse, I must say, they were right!
I had no idea that it would be that awesome. Mr Muush took some fabulous pictures. We bought a lens for the camera (cardboard with the same film that are on sunglasses, did the job!) and got the partial. When the total came, my goodness, he did great. He even got the diamond ring and Bailey's Beads!
We're thinking about going to the one in 2024. I have family in Rochester NY (which will have 3 minutes and 30 seconds of totality!), just considering it right now. But I feel like I'd be pushing my luck with the clouds! This one we had a big old cloud cover the sun 10 minutes before totality!! Talk about panic!

Happy planning to all who are headed to our happy place!

View attachment 264476

Thanks. So far here in Missouri City, Texas (aka Sienna Plantation, TX) we only have been getting bands of light rain with occasional normal Texas rain. Although it now looks like we will continue to have rain for 5 or 6 days, maybe longer. The radar looks worse than it actually is though. BTW the photo of the radar shows our home where the red pin is located.
I grew up just 2+ hours northeast of you. Used to hit Astroworld when I was young. Stay dry!

Muush!!! I loved hearing about your eclipse experience and what an analogy! Makes me even more certain I will have to head to Vermont or Maine in 2024! If you are so inclined I'd love to see mr Muush' eclipse photos! Great to "see" you!!!

We are in Campbell. One of those little dots on the road that you pass before you even know you were in it! I was raised in Greenville whitch is 10 miles from here. The true middle of the 2024 blackout (or whatever it is called) is Sulphur Springs which is 20 miles from us.

we are almost neighbors. ;) I am in Rowlett - far northeastern Dallas county.

Hello. This is my first post here, as I usually hang out on the WL FAQ thread but here's something I have wanted to do since I heard they were re-configuring the South Wing to create CCV. Based on the Villas declaration and my walking around the resort and taking pictures, here is an updated room number map that includes the Copper Creek Villas side. Also note that some floors have different room configurations, specifically the 1st, 6th, and 7th, where there are no Grand Villas. It is a work in progress, so feel free to make suggestions.

WL_CC_Room_Numbers_20170825.jpg

I plan to do a floor by floor version at some point to capture the differences in the floors that don't have Grand Villas, but this is a start.

Thanks GrandCalifornian for taking the time to figure out the DVC - CCV portion. I know DH and I were planning to check it out during our stay in mid November. I will be interested to hear what you find out regarding the GVs. And whether the rooms on the 7th floor are different over the lobby.

Great map, GC! Thanks so much for sharing here on the VWL thread. When I first saw it on the main WL forum, I thought it would be a superb addition to our pages, so I'm thrilled you shared it with us. We hope you'll continue to join us, so pull up a rocker, grab your favorite libation, and set a spell!

Hello. This is my first post here, as I usually hang out on the WL FAQ thread but here's something I have wanted to do since I heard they were re-configuring the South Wing to create CCV. Based on the Villas declaration and my walking around the resort and taking pictures, here is an updated room number map that includes the Copper Creek Villas side. Also note that some floors have different room configurations, specifically the 1st, 6th, and 7th, where there are no Grand Villas. It is a work in progress, so feel free to make suggestions.

I plan to do a floor by floor version at some point to capture the differences in the floors that don't have Grand Villas, but this is a start.

Paul...thanks for stopping by the Groupies thread. That's some great information you have put together! Maybe @sleepydog25 can put it on page 1 of this thread as a reference. It will be fun sorting through the various nuances of CCV room locations. I know you will really enjoy your DVC ownership with CCV as your home resort. Thanks for "dropping in" and come back anytime! :)

@DiznyDi & @Dizny Dad am I remembering correctly that you keep a Keurig in your Owners Locker? Now that we have the locker I think it will be so much better, as it's all I've used at home for years. I assume it's the single brewer? Do you keep in the original box inside the locker? Will it take up too much space? So many questions sorry!

I'm already thinking about planning a trip to VT (that's Burlington VERMONT, not Virginia Tech:P).....for the 2024 eclipse!!! Twinkle, are you in MA too????

Me too!

Drop off went well yesterday. He did seem a little stressed, but that's to be expected. There were a few tears. Mine not his, but overall I held it together pretty well. He did leave me with his cold unfortunately, but that didn't stop me from cleaning out his room this morning & turning it into my new office. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter