VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

They have announced Moonlight Magic dates!!! So excited we will. E there for one. It is AK which we did in April of this year as well. Wishing it was a MK but will take what we can get and be more than happy!!!!

They have announced Moonlight Magic dates!!! So excited we will. E there for one. It is AK which we did in April of this year as well. Wishing it was a MK but will take what we can get and be more than happy!!!!
Just saw this. Its a remote possibility we will be there in Oct for the Typhoon Lagoon MM

Welcome to the Groupie Davper!

The more rooms they add to DVC, the more I feel repelled from the Parks due to the crowd level. Granted, you can't expect to be alone in the parks, but when you get run over by out-of-control young people, driven out of the gift shops by groups of chanting groups in the same shirt, or wait 2 hours or more to have a 2 minute experience, I really start to question why I am spending so much on an annual pass to get run into by a baby buggy . . .twice by the same person. I love visiting all of the resorts, Disney Springs, riding the boats, or walking the grounds. Not because they are free, but because I don't have to fight the crowd to get my fair share. Sorry . . Rant Over. :confused3:wave2:

Welcome to the Groupie Davper!

The more rooms they add to DVC, the more I feel repelled from the Parks due to the crowd level. Granted, you can't expect to be alone in the parks, but when you get run over by out-of-control young people, driven out of the gift shops by groups of chanting groups in the same shirt, or wait 2 hours or more to have a 2 minute experience, I really start to question why I am spending so much on an annual pass to get run into by a baby buggy . . .twice by the same person. I love visiting all of the resorts, Disney Springs, riding the boats, or walking the grounds. Not because they are free, but because I don't have to fight the crowd to get my fair share. Sorry . . Rant Over. :confused3:wave2:
I agree, Dad. We do still go to the parks, but way less than a few years back. We much prefer to visit resorts, find new places to dine, and relax in the room. We've often talked about one day only buying a single ticket to MK and spending the rest of the time in our "free" room and resort. I see that coming sooner rather than later.

Just going to drop this here. Thoughts?
storybook-dining-snow-white-artist-point.jpg

WDWinfo artist-rendering-of-storybook-dining-at-artist-point

Where is Reunion Station located on property? I can't find it on any maps.

I was thinking of taking it for our R&R resort day. But it depends on where it is located on property.

Where is Reunion Station located on property? I can't find it on any maps.

I was thinking of taking it for our R&R resort day. But it depends on where it is located on property.

Reunion Station is part of the same building that houses Geyser Point bar. Right near the quiet pool next to Bay Lake.

You probably can't find it because it opened up after most of the maps had been developed, including the ones from Disney. I think they were still deciding what the area would be when they opened up CCV.

One more question...
Do they allow small real xmas trees in the room. I know I can have a fake one, but Wholefoods have small Charlie Brown trees for $20.

. . . . . . . . and spending the rest of the time in our "free" room . . . . . . .

Free Room? Free Room? Ahhhh . . . . that made me sputter and cough some! With the prices you've paid, and the maintenance fees on top . . . . I admire you Sleepy!

But it does remind me of the old Blondie cartoon strip where Dagwood asked Blondie where she got the new fur coat. "It was free" she said. Astonished, Dagwood asked for an explanation. "Well it was on sale today for 50% off, so the 50% I saved, I used to buy the coat."

One more question...
Do they allow small real xmas trees in the room. I know I can have a fake one, but Wholefoods have small Charlie Brown trees for $20.

You sure can put a tree in your room. Here's a picture of one we had in our room during Christmas 2012.

VWL Tree in Room.jpg

And don't worry...they've updated the decor on the floor and furniture to a much more mellow taste. :)

I think we bought this tree at Walmart while we were at Disney.

:santa:

They're going to be busy growing those trees! ;)

Cut them down outside and put up new ones inside.

:rotfl:

View attachment 367484

And don't worry...they've updated the decor on the floor and furniture to a much more mellow taste. :)

Holy mish mash of patterns Batman. I had forgotten how bad it really was. I do appreciate how easy on the eyes the revamped rooms are. They still seem a bit bland to me though.
Beautiful little tree :love:

We've often talked about one day only buying a single ticket to MK and spending the rest of the time in our "free" room and resort.

Free Room? Free Room? Ahhhh . . . . that made me sputter and cough some! With the prices you've paid, and the maintenance fees on top . . . . I admire you Sleepy!

But it does remind me of the old Blondie cartoon strip where Dagwood asked Blondie where she got the new fur coat. "It was free" she said. Astonished, Dagwood asked for an explanation. "Well it was on sale today for 50% off, so the 50% I saved, I used to buy the coat."

Sleepy...It's funny how we think of DVC stays sometimes since the upfront cost and maintenance fees are paid in advance. But yes, at least we don't have a room bill when we check out!

DDad...I think Blondie went in and sold that approach to Congress for various programs! :) Actually I use the same theory for my free Annual Passes since I get two trips for the price of one! :)

You sure can put a tree in your room. Here's a picture of one we had in our room during Christmas 2012.

View attachment 367484

I think we bought this tree at Walmart while we were at Disney.

Hi Thanks, but that wasn't my question.

I know I can have a fake tree, but can I have a small real tree in my room?

As long as you're not lighting it up with real candles as they did in the old, old days (Lord knows how any of them survived the holidays) I think they won't blink an eye.

Welcome Davper.

I lurked here for many many years. Finally decided to pack away the introverted side of me last December and show up at a mini meet. Super super nice people. I am so glad I went. Since then I came out of the lurker corner and am not looking back.

I agree about there not being any where better than the lodge at Christmas. I am really missing it this year - but am planning on returning next.

Oops...my bad. I misread the original question....sorry about that. I would think that they would allow a real tree. Vacuum cleaner's in the front closet! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter