VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I am stunned and so sad right now. I have mentioned before that I got lunch with an imagineer and how much I was looking forward to it. Well today I called to have our youngest daughter removed from our ADRs as she is not coming on this trip with us. When they got to that ADR I was told it was NOT lunch with an imagineer - just lunch at the Brown Derby. I know I booked it correctly on MDE - I KNOW I did - not one shadow of a doubt. It was the first ADR I tried for that morning. But because of a glitch with MDE I don't have what I booked.

I am so upset. I spoke with a guest services supervisor. She went off and tried to help but all she can do is email the restaurant and see if they can accommodate us. In the scheme of life this is small. It's a luxury. First world problems and all that. I get it. But I tried 4 years to get that ADR and was SOOOO excited - but a crappy MDE glitch took it away from me. Yes I am crying. If we don't get in I will get over it and we will still have a good time. But right now I am really upset.
So sorry to hear about the mixup - hoping someone at Disney can make the ADR happen for you

I’m finally getting around to posting a pic of our from 2017 and I can’t get it to work! We were in 4543 and it was an amazing Studio that overlooked the lake and the pool. And of course, I can’t figure it out :scared: It keeps saying the file is too large when I try upload a photo. Is there something I’m missing? I tried to do it from the toolbar up there but it just adds [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]:worried:

I’m finally getting around to posting a pic of our from 2017 and I can’t get it to work! We were in 4543 and it was an amazing Studio that overlooked the lake and the pool. And of course, I can’t figure it out :scared: It keeps saying the file is too large when I try upload a photo. Is there something I’m missing? I tried to do it from the toolbar up there but it just adds [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]:worried:

It sounds like you'll need to downsize it or reuce the quality or you can upload it to a photo hosting site like photobucket or flickr and then link it here.

Update on our Dining with an Imagineer issue. Nothing has been resolved with that yet - but I am 100% OK if we don't get to do it. What happened isn't right and Disney IT needs to get their act together like last week - but I am not sad anymore.

There is a young woman who grew up dancing and competing with our youngest daughter. She now works for Disney. This past summer she married a young man who also works for Disney - as an Imagineer. She saw my post of FB and sent me a message saying she would love to see us again and would we like to have dinner with her and her new husband? I am SOOO excited and happy about this. I have always adored her. She is such has such a bright, sunshiny, happy personality. I can't wait to see her again and hear how her life is going.

So now we get to have dinner or drinks, we aren't sure which will work out better yet, with 2 CMs one of which is an Imagineer. So our own private Q&A session. It doesn't get much better than that.

So now we get to have dinner or drinks, we aren't sure which will work out better yet, with 2 CMs one of which is an Imagineer. So our own private Q&A session. It doesn't get much better than that.
Jen
I was reading your other post and feeling bad for you, but wow, what a turnaround! As the saying goes, when one door closes, another opens. Sounds like an even better door to me:goodvibes

don’t forget your Speedo
Umm, in the words of President Bush, not gonna happen:D I can see it on the Hawaiian news now as people run, screaming on the beach, clamoring to get away:joker:

Thanks to all for the Bday Wishes!!

Dad, we are actually staying at the hotel where Dukes is located, Outrigger Waikiki. We ate there on our last trip and very much enjoyed it!

Umm, in the words of President Bush, not gonna happen:D I can see it on the Hawaiian news now as people run, screaming on the beach, clamoring to get away:joker:

Thanks to all for the Bday Wishes!!

Dad, we are actually staying at the hotel where Dukes is located, Outrigger Waikiki. We ate there on our last trip and very much enjoyed it!

Jimmy, belated Happy Birthday! Your response has me laughin’ ! Enjoy your trip!

And, in an even stranger weather update we are -27 now, but forecast says +43 and rain on Sunday ?!?! Seriously, a 70 degree swing? People are gonna get sick!

I really must get here more often. I can't believe I missed Jimmy's birthday! :scared1:

party:Happy Belated Birthday Jimmy!
Enjoy Hawaii! It sounds like a great trip!

Jen, I'm so glad everything has worked out for you. What fun you'll have! You've been doubly blessed.

Very cold in Ohio. Currently -4 but feels like -27. Oh to be with Jimmy in Hawaii.....

IMG_6165.jpeg

Just popping in to say hi! The teacher life just never leaves as much time to DIS as I would like. I read the last 10 pages or so, but I still think I missed some info.

Granny, love those maps. Those have always been my go to maps. I think the poster that I always found them with was named Sandy... something. I have no idea if she was the original creator or not. I would always keep pictures of those maps on my phone so that when we got our room I could quickly locate it. The coveted 5519 corner two bedroom lock off for our Christmas stay one year was the best. I think our first VWL stay was in a two bedroom that included the studio portion with no balcony. Since it was our first stay, I'm not sure we realized right away that we had been "ripped off" a balcony. Since we had the two bedroom, it didn't seem so upsetting, but if we had just been assigned that studio, I would not have been happy.

Sleepy, you always have the best words to explain how I feel about the "new" Disney resort offerings. I totally agree with everything you said. I'm willing to try any resort at Disney, and I usually find something to love about every DVC resort we have tried, but these new resorts just look like IKEA showrooms. No thank you. I drove around Riviera when they were building it. I couldn't understand how they were going to mesh it with the CBR area anyway. It just looks so out of place. I thought maybe when it was finished it would be better. I'm not seeing me changing my mind.

Jimmy, my DH and I were huge NASCAR fans at one time. Spent lots of money on car die casts and the like. DH was a huge Earnhardt fan, after his death we continued to watch but not as often. Neither one of us could name 5 drivers right now. It literally has no appeal anymore.

Our Aulani trip was incredible over Christmas. I've hopped on the boards a time or two to check out the Aulani board. I'll try to post a picture or two from our trip, if I can manage to figure out how. Our trip was technically our 25th anniversary and Christmas trip. We loved the resort and enjoyed the area. We renewed our vows on the beach close to Aulani. I would never consider adding on points at Aulani, but I'm very appreciative that I have the 7 month option to book there.

We have our upcoming stay at the real Wilderness Lodge Villas (BRV :rolleyes:) coming up in 3 weeks for the Princess Half Marathon. We'll be in a studio for the weekend. We'll return the next weekend for a weeks stay at BWV. It will be baby girls 16th birthday. Sadly, she is not thrilled that we are going to be at Disney for her birthday. She's upset she can't get her license the day she turns 16 here at home. :rolleyes1 She is the least Disneyfied of all my children. I seriously don't know what is wrong with that kid. I've sprinkled her with pixie dust since the day she was born. I at least booked her an Ohana reservation for her "special" day. I even told her she could skip school the day we return from our trip to get her license. Oh well, I will enjoy her 16th birthday!

Last edited:
Oh and one more real question besides all my babbling. We are flying for the marathon weekend trip. Are there shampoo/soap dispensers in the villas? I'm literally flying with a just a backpack, so if I can just get by with the disney toiletries that helps my packing problems.

Oh and one more real question besides all my babbling. We are flying for the marathon weekend trip. Are there shampoo/soap dispensers in the villas? I'm literally flying with a just a backpack, so if I can just get by with the disney toiletries that helps my packing problems.
Someone will likely correct me, but I believe they still have the individual sized toiletries at VWL. And, thanks for the kind words in your longer post above. I love words, and how we learn to put them together, make them flow, and have them represent what we feel. I'm afraid this "brave new world" of social media posts has the unintended (at least I think it's unintended) effect of reducing our vocabulary and stunting mental growth. There, I said it. Even now when I send out texts, I pretty much have to use full words and proper grammar & punctuation.

As for the half marathon, my wife and I did it three years ago (her first and only 1/2 and my final race likely ever :sad1:), and we found the Lodge to be a most awesome place to be. The buses were on time, the accommodations perfect. There were other resorts closer, but being at WL wasn't an issue at all. In fact, we enjoyed the fact that there wasn't an abnormal amount of runners and their kinetic energy milling about--it was nice to enjoy the overall serenity at the Lodge. Of course, things have drastically changed during that three year interim. Still, I think the Lodge will still be a good place to stay during that race weekend. . .aside from the fact that you can no longer celebrate a quiet, refined meal at Artist Point as a way of toasting the completion of the 1/2 marathon. :rolleyes1

The humorous note about your daughter reminded me how anxious my own was to get her license over two years ago. I told her then that at first she'd want to drive everywhere for anyone. "Need something from the store, Mom?" "I can take my sister to the movies!" That sort of thing. I also told her that within six months, she wouldn't find driving as exciting anymore and would be loathe to go anywhere except where she wished to go. She found out ol' Dad was spot on. Now, she's in college and didn't even take her car! Have fun!

Someone will likely correct me, but I believe they still have the individual sized toiletries at VWL. And, thanks for the kind words in your longer post above. I love words, and how we learn to put them together, make them flow, and have them represent what we feel. I'm afraid this "brave new world" of social media posts has the unintended (at least I think it's unintended) effect of reducing our vocabulary and stunting mental growth. There, I said it. Even now when I send out texts, I pretty much have to use full words and proper grammar & punctuation.

As for the half marathon, my wife and I did it three years ago (her first and only 1/2 and my final race likely ever :sad1:), and we found the Lodge to be a most awesome place to be. The buses were on time, the accommodations perfect. There were other resorts closer, but being at WL wasn't an issue at all. In fact, we enjoyed the fact that there wasn't an abnormal amount of runners and their kinetic energy milling about--it was nice to enjoy the overall serenity at the Lodge. Of course, things have drastically changed during that three year interim. Still, I think the Lodge will still be a good place to stay during that race weekend. . .aside from the fact that you can no longer celebrate a quiet, refined meal at Artist Point as a way of toasting the completion of the 1/2 marathon. :rolleyes1

The humorous note about your daughter reminded me how anxious my own was to get her license over two years ago. I told her then that at first she'd want to drive everywhere for anyone. "Need something from the store, Mom?" "I can take my sister to the movies!" That sort of thing. I also told her that within six months, she wouldn't find driving as exciting anymore and would be loathe to go anywhere except where she wished to go. She found out ol' Dad was spot on. Now, she's in college and didn't even take her car! Have fun!

Thanks for the answers about the toiletries and such. I'll get DD22 that will be driving over from St. Augustine to bring all her stuff, so I don't have to worry about the plane and liquids. The whole plane thing has been a fiasco anyway. I made reservations through Via air out of Mobile back on cyber Monday. One month before the race, Via cancels their flights on the days we were flying to and from Disney. I've had to make new reservations that now require us to drive to New Orleans and fly Spirit. The times aren't near as great as the Via times were, and now we have a 2 hour drive to NO in good traffic. The only saving grace is that they are Non stop flights, but still, I'm just praying for no delays and hiccups. We'll be turning around and driving back to the World the next weekend, so it's not like we are accomplishing a whole lot other than running this 1/2. I'm just praying I"ll be able to walk when it's over!:crutches:
Thanks for the positive vibes about staying at the Lodge for the race weekend. This will be our first trip back since construction and I'm excited to enjoy it. We walked around the lodge and saw it all finished on our last trip, but I'm ready to actually stay there again.

Oh, I know we are lodge lovers, but if anyone has a favorite standard view 1 bedroom at BWV that you think I ought to request, give me a shout. I know most are facing the front entrance. Not sure if I would prefer to be farther down by the tennis courts, or up close to the entryway.

Oh, I know we are lodge lovers, but if anyone has a favorite standard view 1 bedroom at BWV that you think I ought to request, give me a shout. I know most are facing the front entrance. Not sure if I would prefer to be farther down by the tennis courts, or up close to the entryway.

BWV is our other home and we have stayed there many times. We actually prefer to be away from the elevators. You can request "near the bus stop" which usually gets you close to the corner of the building where there is a walkway to the bus stop. Or you could request to be by the tennis courts which is a little farther from the elevators but makes for a nice head start if you are walking to DHS.

Getting close to the elevator also puts you closer to the drive up area with the noise that includes. Generally, the usual noise of arriving cars and unpacking them didn't bother us at all. But when the Magical Express truck shows up with the metal cages and the luggage it can get quite noisy for a little while during the time they are handling those cages. Not a big deal for us, but then again we are not very sensitive to outside noises in general.

I also like the Tennis Court view end. Easy access to the parking lot if you have a car and shortened walk to DHS. Just head down the stairs and your practically half way there! :)

Erin
Another vote for near the tennis courts
Granny told us about it and we love it down there
Basically halfway to walk to HS and Epcot(now that HS is messing with the parking lot the hood over is a bit longer)

We arrived on Oahu around 3 pm Hawaii time got checked in and here we are at Dukes
Working really hard to stay up to get acclimated to time
Which means been up since 4am thurs and it 12:45 am fri back homeAD819E9C-3250-46B3-B5CD-3B827495CCDD.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter