• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Ron
Obviously, I never got to ride it as California Screamin' but they have done a great job with the overlay of The Incredibles. I had to ride it 2 times to really appreciate the incorporation of the characters, because the 1st time I was screaming my head off in joy and paid absolutely not attention to the Incredibles remotely being a part of it:goodvibes

Screamin' is a great roller coaster! I'm looking forward to seeing the Incredibles overlay too.

Screamin' is a great roller coaster! I'm looking forward to seeing the Incredibles overlay too.
If I said this before, please forgive me(I am getting a lot grayer and a little older these days, and as the saying goes, "they say the 2nd thing to go is the hearing, can't remember the 1st") but Incredicoaster moved to the top of my list as my favorite coaster!

Thanks for taking us on a virtual vacation Jimmy & Tammy! Great pics, great stories; a fun read!
Glad you enjoyed it Dad! I enjoy sharing and once I finally figured out the simpler way to post pictures it made it all the better:D And this time I didn't have to recruit Tammys help! Thats a huge step for someone very, very non-tech savvy::yes::

Ron
Obviously, I never got to ride it as California Screamin' but they have done a great job with the overlay of The Incredibles. I had to ride it 2 times to really appreciate the incorporation of the characters, because the 1st time I was screaming my head off in joy and paid absolutely not attention to the Incredibles remotely being a part of it:goodvibes

It’s my & my daughters favorite Disney ride — we actually rode it 4 times in a row during Early Morning EMH on one trip :)

Morning, Groupies! Yet another snow day here in the mountains of southwest VA. I've lost count now, but I think this makes something like Day 12 or 13. . .14? We may be in school here til July. However, on a personal note, Luv and I are headed to VB in less than 10 days! It's our first stay there (we visited a few years back), and we're going to check out a wide swath of FL from VB north to Cocoa Beach. After a few days, we'll head over to the World for a stay at our sister resort, Copper Creek. We have a studio there and will report back to the Groupies as we go, hopefully. It's my first trip to Florida Disney in nearly two years. That's it for now. Have a great rest of your week! pirate:

Morning, Groupies! Yet another snow day here in the mountains of southwest VA. I've lost count now, but I think this makes something like Day 12 or 13. . .14? We may be in school here til July. However, on a personal note, Luv and I are headed to VB in less than 10 days! It's our first stay there (we visited a few years back), and we're going to check out a wide swath of FL from VB north to Cocoa Beach. After a few days, we'll head over to the World for a stay at our sister resort, Copper Creek. We have a studio there and will report back to the Groupies as we go, hopefully. It's my first trip to Florida Disney in nearly two years. That's it for now. Have a great rest of your week! pirate:
We will be interested to hear your thoughts on VB and CCV. Never tried either.

As to VB or DHH, we just aren't "beach people". There just has never been a call to the water for us; we love to swim, but the sand, wind, umbrella thing just has not called to us. Kind of like the cruise thing; just not us.

Sleepy, I’m interested in hearing your thoughts on Cocoa Beach. I’ve always wanted to go there (I dream of Jeanne)? Dana’s cousin has owned a condo there for a number of years and we want to check it out. At some point we hope to be able to own a place in Florida, I’m leaning towards the Gulf Coast near my sister, but we haven’t explored enough yet to actually settle on a location.

PS- We actually loved CCV!

Patrick...I know you have waited a long time between WDW trips, and I'm sure you will have a great time. I think about two years back...all the changes. Pandora opened in May, 2017 so I'm not sure you've seen that? The new Toy Story Land at DHS will surely be a first visit for you. Disney Springs has opened some new restaurants. And EPCOT and DHS are in full construction mode for their changes/additions. Not to mention Riviera is coming along nicely which has necessitated a revision to the DHS parking.

While you have waited a couple of years, I think I remember that you will not be waiting all that long for your next few trips! :) Have a great time at the beach and at Copper Creek. We'll be sampling CCV ourselves in May.

Sleepy, I’m interested in hearing your thoughts on Cocoa Beach. I’ve always wanted to go there (I dream of Jeanne)? Dana’s cousin has owned a condo there for a number of years and we want to check it out. At some point we hope to be able to own a place in Florida, I’m leaning towards the Gulf Coast near my sister, but we haven’t explored enough yet to actually settle on a location.

I think we'll enjoy CCV just fine. It's not my cup of tea in terms of decor, but then again, neither is BLT and we enjoy it quite a bit. Yes, we'll be headed south for good in a couple of years, I think. We've looked mainly in the Indialantic/Melbourne area since I have a daughter and her family there. Yet, we don't want to be too close. pirate: Will let you know what we think of the other areas. . .

Patrick...I know you have waited a long time between WDW trips, and I'm sure you will have a great time. I think about two years back...all the changes. Pandora opened in May, 2017 so I'm not sure you've seen that? The new Toy Story Land at DHS will surely be a first visit for you. Disney Springs has opened some new restaurants. And EPCOT and DHS are in full construction mode for their changes/additions. Not to mention Riviera is coming along nicely which has necessitated a revision to the DHS parking.

While you have waited a couple of years, I think I remember that you will not be waiting all that long for your next few trips! :) Have a great time at the beach and at Copper Creek. We'll be sampling CCV ourselves in May.
My last trip to WDW was actually in May of 2017 and we did get to ride FOP and experience Pandora. We're definitely going back. TSL will be new to us, but we did get to DS a couple of times, though I know even newer places have opened there. The traffic flow will likely take some getting used to (we drive). So, this will be a bit of an exploratory trip both out near the ocean and at Disney. Thanks for the well wishes!

Your post made me think of the last time I was very close to Cocoa Beach. We had a different item on our to do list though:

p621958522-5.jpg

Your post made me think of the last time I was very close to Cocoa Beach. We had a different item on our to do list though:

p621958522-5.jpg
We have friends who live in the cocoa area and Alan actually worked at NASA at one time
He told me jokingly that a shot up close where the dignitaries sit for the launch will blow the shoes off your feet:D:D

Just a side note to all of that . . . I have been working with SpaceX for the past year providing launch pad transport vehicles for the Falcon 9 and soon the new Falcon Heavy boosters at LP39A & LP40. I have a team at the cape now that witnessed the launch yesterday of the Israeli Moon Lander. It has been a blast working with the staff at SpaceX! Very intelligent, great people!

Just a side note to all of that . . . I have been working with SpaceX for the past year providing launch pad transport vehicles for the Falcon 9 and soon the new Falcon Heavy boosters at LP39A & LP40. I have a team at the cape now that witnessed the launch yesterday of the Israeli Moon Lander. It has been a blast working with the staff at SpaceX! Very intelligent, great people!
AWESOME!

Nice! I do keep an eye on the Nasa launches and would make a trip over again if the chance arose.

We have friends who live in the cocoa area and Alan actually worked at NASA at one time
He told me jokingly that a shot up close where the dignitaries sit for the launch will blow the shoes off your feet:D:D

I don't doubt it - it was so powerful! Just amazing.

I thought you were working with them. I recall the lengthy interview and waiting process you had.
Was SpaceX impacted by the recent government shutdown, or did everything keep humming along?

We love Vero so much we purchased a 100 point resale contract there a few years ago. It is a very laid back, quiet and relaxing resort. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter