• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

You are NOT the only teacher who loves Fridays! I overreached this year and am not only teaching but coaching girls varsity tennis AND doing the spring high school production (CLUE based on the movie that is based on the game). I love Fridays.

No, they aren't doing flag families any longer. I'm sure they felt the "cost," minimal though it was, wasn't worth it. Save a few dollars, you know.
I will!
:welcome: Mariabelle! Are you thinking of purchasing VWL (what they now call BRV) or Copper Creek? Though at the same resort (Wilderness Lodge), they're two separate entities. The primary differences are that the new Copper Creek contracts don't run out for another 50 years or so while VWL expires in 2042, and CC rooms are found in the main Lodge with VWL suites in the adjunct building. The following comments are about the Lodge, in general, unless noted otherwise.
- Majestic lobby: the main lobby is simply amazing, and the VWL mini-lobby ain't bad, either.
- Stirring music: strains of Aaron Copland, westerns, and Native American compositions--sometimes haunting, always relaxing
- Ambiance: quiet, serene, and beautiful unlike most other resorts
- Theming: again, unlike most resorts, you still get a feeling of being in a special place, specifically the Northwest
- Smell: unmistakable scent that resonates long after you've left
- Boats: you can ride over to MK, CR, or FW on a boat!
- Holiday reservations: most will tell you that no place feels more like the holidays than WL; owning at either CC or VWL means you get to reserve there at 11 months

These are just a few things off the top of my head. Others will surely chime in. ;)
Thank you for the information! I’m looking at VWL but open to CC as well.

Thank you for the information! I’m looking at VWL but open to CC as well.
As I mentioned, VWL's contract extends only to 2042, which for us is just fine. We actually like being in a building away from the main lobby, so that's a plus for us. And although the VWL's common rooms are open to anyone, generally speaking mostly just those who stay there sit down in the Carrollwood Pacific room or in the rockers near the two small fireplaces. Same goes for Sturdy Branches fitness center which is also located in the VWL building. I also like the layout of VWL better than at Copper Creek. The latter is newer but limited to the footprint of the original WL guest rooms; meanwhile, the VWL suites--especially the 1BRs and 2BRs--have more of a resort feel than hotel feel. The kitchens in the 1BR/2BR are a distinct part of the unit unlike with CC where they're galley style of which I'm not a fan. Also at VWL, there is always the "lightning in a bottle" of getting one of those oversized 1BR/2BR that are even larger. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, you hear the angels singing when you walk in the door. There is something a bit more quaint and thematic and quieter at VWL than you get at CC, although I do think it's a lovely resort. Now, the cabins at CC are simply gorgeous but getting one of those is serious points (dollars), so for me, VWL wins in a battle of the two resorts.

As I mentioned, VWL's contract extends only to 2042, which for us is just fine. We actually like being in a building away from the main lobby, so that's a plus for us. And although the VWL's common rooms are open to anyone, generally speaking mostly just those who stay there sit down in the Carrollwood Pacific room or in the rockers near the two small fireplaces. Same goes for Sturdy Branches fitness center which is also located in the VWL building. I also like the layout of VWL better than at Copper Creek. The latter is newer but limited to the footprint of the original WL guest rooms; meanwhile, the VWL suites--especially the 1BRs and 2BRs--have more of a resort feel than hotel feel. The kitchens in the 1BR/2BR are a distinct part of the unit unlike with CC where they're galley style of which I'm not a fan. Also at VWL, there is always the "lightning in a bottle" of getting one of those oversized 1BR/2BR that are even larger. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, you hear the angels singing when you walk in the door. There is something a bit more quaint and thematic and quieter at VWL than you get at CC, although I do think it's a lovely resort. Now, the cabins at CC are simply gorgeous but getting one of those is serious points (dollars), so for me, VWL wins in a battle of the two resorts.
Thank you so much for the information! It’s always good to get an inside point of view and thoughts.

Thank you so much for the information! It’s always good to get an inside point of view and thoughts.

And the reason the rest of us haven't chimed in on this question is because Sleepy (@sleepydog25 ) did such an awesome job!

I would also recommend Sleepy's wonderful introduction to VWL on the very first post of this thread. It captures with words and pictures so much of what we love about this resort area. Good luck with your decision! :)

Last edited:
And the reason the rest of us haven't chimed in on this question is because Sleepy (@sleepydog25 ) did such an awesome job!

I would also recommend Sleepy's wonderful introduction to VWL on the very first post of this thread. It captures with words and pictures so much of what we love about this resort area. Good luck with your decision! :)
What Granny is trying to politely say is that I "talk" a lot! :rotfl: It's true that I'm rarely shy speaking about WL-related matters, good or bad. pirate:

Hope all Groupies are having a good weekend. I have exactly one week before I can let out a sigh of relief. As I've recounted on here before, not only am I coaching the local high school's girls tennis team, but I'm also directing our spring theater production which is CLUE. I am running myself ragged (I also teach "on the side"). Next Sunday, come 4 p.m., you'll likely see videos of me on social media dancing down the streets of the town much like Doc Brown in BACK TO THE FUTURE. One. . .more. . .week. . .

Thx Granny and Sleepy. Now I can put that out of my mind and go back to campaigning for a coffee bar or house at Reunion Station.

I don’t know why, but I suspect that Reunion Station will continue to be used for “pay to play” events here and there. And, I wouldn’t be surprised if it were available to be rented out and used as a reception hall for weddings, a cheaper alternative to that fancy Grand Floridian option.

I don’t know why, but I suspect that Reunion Station will continue to be used for “pay to play” events here and there. And, I wouldn’t be surprised if it were available to be rented out and used as a reception hall for weddings, a cheaper alternative to that fancy Grand Floridian option.

Ron...I suspect you may be right. Disney is definitely looking to monetize whatever they can. And with CCV selling out pretty soon, there is no need to create a new free amenity to enhance the sales pitch for that property. It will be interesting to see what comes next for that space...I can imagine the brainstorming meetings going on to see what they think people will bite on next.

Hopefully, people are starting to tire of expensive add-on festivities at WDW. Here's an article about them cancelling the recently announced EPCOT Star Wars Party: https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p.../news-66853/4438-galactic-gathering-cancelled

At some point, they will realize that they have to create real value if they want people to shell out the big bucks. In my opinion, that is what killed Reunion Station as it seemed to be a half-hearted attempt to provide Concierge service for a significant upcharge.

I think you might be correct; however, first they have to offer weddings at the Lodge again to maximize RS's value. Can't see too many couples "stepping down" to RS from GF, for example, despite the cost. Of course, right now it's sitting empty pulling in zero revenue. I'm sure they'll figure out something.

Good Monday Morning Groupies! :wave2:
What a beautiful week-end! Finally, I do believe old man Winter is behind us. DDad got a new grill (charcoal - the only way to grill - just ask him) for Christmas. He spent Sunday afternoon putting it together, and Sunday evening grilling steaks for dinner.
We'll be headed to the Lodge in just a little over 3 weeks. I needed to get back here to find out what's going on - both on the thread and at the Lodge!
Enjoy your day
Di

Hi Di!

We had a taste of Spring here but the warmth is going to retreat this week sadly! It is getting green and the buds are starting! :daisy:

Hi Groupies! :wave2:

For those of you who have groceries delivered to your resort during your stay, it looks like Disney will start charging a fee...

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...6/4439-resorts-to-charge-grocery-delivery-fee

Just a heads up. My countdown says 27. :bounce:

Someone posted in the other thread (delivery fees question) asking if Lockers are included in this. To me, this is worded such that it applies to grocery deliveries only, and may be at the discretion of bell services. (They're probably finding they've got one person constantly running to rooms making these deliveries.)

For example: a bag full of otc medicine dropped off by walmart for a room full of kids suffering from the flu might get a pass on the fee, and they may even appreciate that you didn't come down to the lobby to share the love.

Likewise, checking in with your luggage (even small carry ons) usually means we're storing them with bell services until our room is ready. They will then deliver our luggage and the tote and I'm betting no fees will be applied.

Last edited:
Good morning groupies
I'm requesting some pixie dust pixiedust: for a modification to a reservation tomorrow morning at the 7 month window.
Without going into the gory details of who's going and who's not and dates and flights I/We are going "Home" this November
with a split stay at the BCV and VWL it's really a simple request of changing one day from a studio to a 1BR
Looking forward to spending time in our happy place :love: and meeting up with dearly loved groupie friends, family and a BFF from home.

Take Care Groupies :flower3:

PS I'll PM you sleepy with the dates tomorrow night

Good morning groupies
I'm requesting some pixie dust pixiedust: for a modification to a reservation tomorrow morning at the 7 month window.
Without going into the gory details of who's going and who's not and dates and flights I/We are going "Home" this November
with a split stay at the BCV and VWL it's really a simple request of changing one day from a studio to a 1BR

Good luck with your reservation change tomorrow, tea pot. We'll throw some Moose Dust your way, and even do a magical Moose Dance for you!

Moose Dance.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter