VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

ROOM: KAT would be proud! We requested high floor and lake side/pool view. We got 4th floor and the woods' side dumpster view. Well, it's not the dumpster but the drive for the dumpster and the linen collection/retrieval area. Room 4562. It's the very last room on the even side of the 4th floor. Now, we haven't been in the room except at night or quick stops in the afternoons, so no real issue. But, it ain't a good location.

Welcome to the dark(woods) side! :darth:
It's been a rather limited membership here with the Groupies but we seem to be expanding our club. :eeyore::eek:

Yes, Merry Christmas to Groupies one and all, old and new.

Looking back a page, how wonderful to see old friends. I had to stop by and say HI.

And we're so glad that you did, Barb. Hope all is well with you and your family, and a very Merry Christmas to you too. 🎅

Hello, Groupies! Just a quick check in from AKL, Club Level. We got off the Dream early this morning, checked in here, headed to MK for the noon Christmas parade (a bonus--we saw the Iowa State and Notre Dame marching bands lead off before the main event!), and then did Jaleo in DS for lunch--very good! We got a room ready around 2 p.m., and we've been hanging out here since about 3:30, filling up on the goodies just steps from our room: wines, cheeses, dips, wraps, butter chicken, eggplant tapenade, tomato soup with paneer cheese, and tons more. We are getting our DVC "monies" worth. pirate: MK has EMH tonight, but it's raining on and off (a theme for our entire trip), and we may not venture out again. More from our cruise later. At some point, I'll do a full on review of everything, too.

Hope all the Groupies had a great Christmas and that you'll have wonderful new years ahead.
Slainte!

Sorry for twisted picture, but....
Where in the World are we? That question no one should miss. BUT, where exactly are we?

And with this post, we are headed out from Disney for good this trip...

To make Sleepy's challenge a little easier...where exactly is this?

Sleepy1.jpeg

I'll vote for the balcony of the Boat House?

Okay, we have a winner for the "Least Surprising News" of the decade. And the winner is....

Best DVC Resort for Christmas [discussion starts about 1 minute 20 seconds into the video]

Of course it is Wilderness Lodge! Not surprising except that in the poll taken by Pete, 58% of the vote came in for Wilderness Lodge! Next closest was Grand Floridian with 14%.

The only real surprise is the margin since so many people just vote for their home resorts in these kind of polls. Looks like people actually answered this one truthfully! 🎄

Last edited:
Hello, Groupies! Just a quick check in from AKL, Club Level. We got off the Dream early this morning, checked in here, headed to MK for the noon Christmas parade (a bonus--we saw the Iowa State and Notre Dame marching bands lead off before the main event!), and then did Jaleo in DS for lunch--very good! We got a room ready around 2 p.m., and we've been hanging out here since about 3:30, filling up on the goodies just steps from our room: wines, cheeses, dips, wraps, butter chicken, eggplant tapenade, tomato soup with paneer cheese, and tons more. We are getting our DVC "monies" worth. pirate:

AKV is amazing by itself, even in a standard view room, but Club level spoils us. The staff there is awesome too. Wish I could recall the name of the elderly gentleman who wanders about giving out stickers and character photos to the kids. While my boys are no longer kids, he had us all laughing and smiling. You wouldn't have happened to run into him and remember his name would you? I'd like to write a thank you note to him for making our stay very memorable.

Last edited:
AKV is amazing by itself, even in a standard view room, but Club level spoils us. The staff there is awesome too. Wish I could recall the name of the elderly gentleman who wanders about giving out stickers and character photos to the kids. While my boys are no longer kids, he had us all laughing and smiling. You wouldn't have happened to run into him and remember his name would you? I'd like to write a thank you note to him for making our stay very memorable.
Afraid not. The only staff with whom we dealt were at the check-in desks and the attendants in the food area. As we were only there one night, we got little chance to explore much, though we've stayed there before and visit often so we're familiar with the resort. We spent a few hours at MK in order to get good spots for the noon Christmas parade, too. Unfortunately, after the parade, the rains came back. . .which was the primary theme of our entire vacation. But, that's another story. . .

AKV is amazing by itself, even in a standard view room, but Club level spoils us. The staff there is awesome too.

We really enjoy Club level at AKV, but it has been a while since we stayed there. I am hoping to book AKV Concierge for a couple of nights next December. It can be challenging to get it, but if I don't, I am more than OK with a savanna view room. I love early December stays when the parks and resorts are decorated for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter