• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Staying in a 1 Bedroom at Boulder Ridge next week, so excited. Stayed Copper Creek last year. What is a good room request? Want to be closer to elevators and nice view.

Hiya Ghost! Based on what you say, I think you should request close to the elevators and lake side (odd number rooms). It's a small resort, so even the furthest villa from the elevators isn't a long walk. Enjoy the splendor of VWL at Christmas time! :)

Hard to believe they are already turning over the position on resort GM...that lady (forget her name) wasn't there very long, was she? If we ever get the name of the new person,

lol - I met "that lady" on our visit during our CCV stay. Seemed nice. She was being proactive and reaching out about a hot water system leak they were dealing with to that section of cabins although it sounded like she might have gotten an earful or two while doing so. Eh - the hot water was warm enough for the shower even if it wasn't HOT. What was facinating was the work crew and how many of them were standing around the hole while one guy ran the escavator...... The job took 3, maybe 4 days by the time the filled the holes back in vs the 1 they originally notfied us of.

From afar it seems like there's a little too much movement in the management at Disney and a lot of the history or knowledge of certain areas gets left behind as they each step into their new spots and try and make it their own or leave their mark or whatever it is that upper management seems to take note of for further advancement. About the time they start to get a better feel for a location they're moved. Or maybe they put in for moving. I really don't know what way it's driven but it seems like their never around long.

Staying in a 1 Bedroom at Boulder Ridge next week, so excited. Stayed Copper Creek last year. What is a good room request? Want to be closer to elevators and nice view.
Welcome, Ghost! I echo what Granny says about no room being far from the elevators as it is, indeed, a small resort. On the odd-numbered rooms side, you have lake and cabin views. On the even-numbered rooms side, you have trees. Each is level in its own way, though we do prefer lake views. We also like a higher floor, so we usually request "high floor, pool view." In theory, that puts you not only looking toward the lake but closer to the elevators. Truly, the only rooms with a less than relaxing view is down at the far end of the hallways where a handful of rooms are a bit close to the dreaded "dumpster view." Even those aren't awful, just less desirable.
Yep. That's what I request. :eeyore:
And I wish you non-KAT Moose dust (our version of pixie dust) pixiedust: She has a poor history with getting lake side views. Long, funny story!pirate: Seriously, you'll love VWL for the more classic Lodge vibe and the peacefulness and the roomier feel. The kitchen is an actual area vice the galley style that's in CCV. Just thinking about our home makes me wistful to be there. Wait! We will be!! Yep, we'll be there in less than a week ourselves, though in a studio. Ahh, home sweet home!

My request was for an atrium two bedroom, but didn’t get it. However we do have a lake view with the bonus of seeing some magnificent fireworks from Christmas party if we go to the rail of our balcony and look left. So all was great.

My DH, Tom is on his way. For him it was touch and go and did get his doctor permission to come just yesterday. He broke his toe about three weeks ago, and it’s not getting better. On Thursday, they did a radioactive white cell procedure and determined he does not have a bone infection. Since we are hosting our wonderful neighbors from Ohio at Kidani and one son and family we are so grateful that his news was good. Tom has to be better about wearing the sandal.

Me too Sleepy, I would love that in my retirement years
Here are a few more shots before we depart
Casey got to meet up with his ol gal MT at the WCC. We have been kidding him for years about her inviting him when he was 10 out to the pool at 4 when she got off work
76DCF92F-2039-4AFF-8FC7-A11386C224E5.jpeg13E77C66-A410-41C1-8CD2-B8FE8284C38D.jpegD3E67460-D866-44F6-B09E-3E5E1B2F9CE0.jpeg15CCEDD3-8166-4F62-A3CE-FF62CB29334E.jpeg

Welcome, Ghost! I echo what Granny says about no room being far from the elevators as it is, indeed, a small resort. On the odd-numbered rooms side, you have lake and cabin views. On the even-numbered rooms side, you have trees. Each is level in its own way, though we do prefer lake views. We also like a higher floor, so we usually request "high floor, pool view." In theory, that puts you not only looking toward the lake but closer to the elevators. Truly, the only rooms with a less than relaxing view is down at the far end of the hallways where a handful of rooms are a bit close to the dreaded "dumpster view." Even those aren't awful, just less desirable.
And I wish you non-KAT Moose dust (our version of pixie dust) pixiedust: She has a poor history with getting lake side views. Long, funny story!pirate: Seriously, you'll love VWL for the more classic Lodge vibe and the peacefulness and the roomier feel. The kitchen is an actual area vice the galley style that's in CCV. Just thinking about our home makes me wistful to be there. Wait! We will be!! Yep, we'll be there in less than a week ourselves, though in a studio. Ahh, home sweet home!
Thank you for the advice, I will be calling today. Can’t wait for our stay. Looking forward to breaking away for the time we are there and relaxing. This time we can spend some time in the Boulder Ridge lobby area, the kids love playing games there. Also I can enjoy my bourbon by those fires as well, I can make my way around the resort 😊

Thank you for the advice, I will be calling today. Can’t wait for our stay. Looking forward to breaking away for the time we are there and relaxing. This time we can spend some time in the Boulder Ridge lobby area, the kids love playing games there. Also I can enjoy my bourbon by those fires as well, I can make my way around the resort 😊
You had me at "bourbon." pirate: Actually, I'm a wine guy by nature, though I do love the occasional single malt, most particularly Glenfiddich. Maybe we'll run into each other!

Me too Sleepy, I would love that in my retirement years
Here are a few more shots before we depart
Casey got to meet up with his ol gal MT at the WCC. We have been kidding him for years about her inviting him when he was 10 out to the pool at 4 when she got off work

Jimmy...at this point, I think the WL Cast Members poke their partners in the ribs when they see you coming...."Look, there's that guy that loves the Lodge even more than we do!"...

Jimmy15.jpeg

Jimmy16.jpeg

Jimmy17.jpeg

It took a whole year for our first floor renovation, but I promised Granny a long time ago to share a picture or two. Here is the place DiznyDi and I love to relax and review our day with each other. The "Pot Clock" keep great time, a great place for an evening libation to rest, but it is nice to cover the clock and let the evening melt into the fire.

View attachment 457885
Absolutely beautiful!!! Looks like a great spot to end the day or begin it for that matter!!!

On a short count down to my first New Years at WDW and each day tend to look at and tweak something or otherwise plan on packing etc. BLT for the first part of the trip and then BWV for the second.

It's a sad day today though as my very beloved Auntie Godmother passed away yesterday. I last visited her in October for her 91st BD. She was my mothers twin sister and having her around after my mother passed away was like still having a bit of my mother. Now it's a bit like losing my mother again. It follows the loss of a favorite cousin last month and my sister is also in the final stages of kidney failure. I shall be very happy to welcome a New Year. This year has of course had lots of great things but my heart is heavy here at the end of it. Sorry on the OT.
So very sorry for all your loss. This will be the second Christmas without my mom and it seems to be the hardest time of year for me without her.
Hoping 2020 brings all good things your wa.

I hope this is OK to post . . .

Last week was a very straining week . . . DiznyDi was admitted to Univ. Hospital (Cleveland ~ 60 miles away) on Monday; my Mom passed away on Tuesday; my DD was admitted to the same Univ. Hospital on Friday. Lots to do, lots of traveling. DiznyDi & DD are in side by side rooms. I stayed over at Univ. Hospital this pasted Friday and Sat. nights, and plan on repeating that this coming weekend if needed. I went to the office all week; so much going on there. I see retirement coming at me in just 4.5 months; the days seem to be flying by. I'm fitting in Christmas celebration tasks as I can. But in all of this, I really appreciate coming to this corner of the internet to find my friends and relax in the moment. And I remain thankful in all things, as God is good; all the time.

Thank you friends for allowing me to vent; I have shared this with no one else. Don't spread it around. :poop:
Prayers for your Family!!! Hoping for speedy recovery so they can be back at home soon. So sorry about your mom.

So very sorry for all your loss. This will be the second Christmas without my mom and it seems to be the hardest time of year for me without her.
Hoping 2020 brings all good things your wa.

Thank you Lakegirl. The holidays are times we typically spend with family and it is definitely a time you notice that empty spot more. I wish you well during this season. :hug:

Unfortunately as the year is ending we did lose my sister yesterday. It's been a tough week but onward we go.

You're in my thoughts @KAT4DISNEY . Our aunts have a way of sneaking into our hearts in an unexpected ways that we only notice when they're gone.
Sending love for your sister.
May the holidays be peaceful for all.

Sending love to you and your family @Dizny Dad. Most heartfelt sorrow over the loss of your mom.
May the ladies heal and be released soon to rest at home - hospitals are good on care, but seem to have missed the memo that rest is a requirement for recovery.

JT, you almost caught my son, dil and me in this pic. We crossed in the background just a few moments after you took this :)
While it may seem rude to walk by and not to stay and listen to the high school choir, we had just come from Jambo where we were treated to two sets. Little did I know the girls were headed the same way we were, and they beat us to WL. Had I known you'd be there I'd have waived and made a spectacle of myself.

... then we got stuck on the lake in a boat.

Unfortunately as the year is ending we did lose my sister yesterday. It's been a tough week but onward we go.

Oh Kathy...I'm so sorry. You can already predict that I'm going to say that I'm praying for you and your family, and you would be right. I hope that Christmas finds you with some peace of mind and heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter