VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Erin, it sounds like a great trip to me! We've begun going to parks less, and that's certainly a good way to save money. Not this trip, however, as we're still on our APs.

Thanks for all the nice comments re: Page 1. I do truly enjoy it, and while I don't have the skill of some of these other page architects, I have something better--the best bunch of Groupies on any thread anywhere!

We're off to the World tomorrow. . .well, we're going 2/3 of the way and spending the night so as not to wear ourselves out. Looks like Brunswick, GA, won out again. After that, we are SSR bound. We like it well enough and, besides, it was all we could get at the time! pirate: Seriously, we like its proximity to DS, and since we drive down, transportation is not an issue. We may get to meet up with a fellow Groupie or two if schedules align; regardless, I'll try to post a few pics. We've decided this trip to put down the video camera, a first for us. I always have one in my hand, recording as we go. They're fun to watch on replay. However, as this trip is one to reconnect with Disney (as well as each other), we're going to take a few pics and let it go at that.

Have a great weekend, Groupies!

Sleepy: we like SSR also, along with AKL. We have only stayed at Boardwalk once, and found that we had to get wet to get something to eat! (it rained all day, everyday, that we were there!)

Sleepy, hope you and Luv have a great trip! I like the idea of putting the camera down and enjoying what's in front of you. So many times we get wrapped up in the moment and forget why we are there in the 1st place. So enjoy!!
Like Dad, I have become a fan of SSR, but it took some time for it to grow on me. We stayed many many years ago, shortly after its opening. It was not massive like we know it now. And its amenities were few. Few years later, it changed and we like it! I love the proximity to DS, and Artists Pallete IMO is the best food court in any resort.

Stopped in Brunswick after a relatively easy drive. Heavy traffic but flowing smoothly. In some areas, particularly I-95, it was solid, almost bumper-to-bumper traffic. . .but moving at 70+ mph even then. When we stopped, it was 64F and sunny, though very windy. When we left home this morning around 9? 40 degrees colder and see below. . .

Stopped in Brunswick after a relatively easy drive. Heavy traffic but flowing smoothly. In some areas, particularly I-95, it was solid, almost bumper-to-bumper traffic. . .but moving at 70+ mph even then. When we stopped, it was 64F and sunny, though very windy. When we left home this morning around 9? 40 degrees colder and see below. . .

View attachment 477771

We were supposed to get some of that ourselves, but it stayed northward(where you folks are)of us. Glad you didn't get so much it kept you at home. The only snow I want to see is the fake kind that WDW produces:teeth:

Suse...congrats on booking your first DVC trip! Very exciting indeed, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay at our sister resort CCV. That's a little more moving during a trip than we prefer, but as long as you plan your "move days" accordingly, it is a pretty smooth process from what I understand. And you should be able to get a jump on your 2021 trip and book it at the 11 month mark! But for now, enjoy your planning for the trip! :)
Thank you so much! It's a little more moving than I prefer as well but as my points didn't load on my new contract until mid-February, I had to be creative. I am hoping for a pre-Christmas trip although I know VWL will be out of the question for that. Also looking for a solid week at VWL in summer '21. :)

Thank you so much! It's a little more moving than I prefer as well but as my points didn't load on my new contract until mid-February, I had to be creative. I am hoping for a pre-Christmas trip although I know VWL will be out of the question for that. Also looking for a solid week at VWL in summer '21. :)
Suse, let me add my congrats on your first trip home! In fact, welcome home! We've done a split-split stay in three different resorts, and while a small hassle, Disney does make it rather easy and relatively painless. Besides, you'll be able to explore all three resorts!

Speaking of SSR, we are here and in Congress Park in a newly renovated room--gotta say, it's nicely done, though in keeping with current DVC refurbs, a bit bland. The location is great as we have a pool just steps away (with hot tub!) and a short 5-minute walk to the main SSR area. We can see DS across the water, too, and that's a bonus.

We had a great first day. Weather was perfect--sunny and 75 and dry. Our first stop was at CR for the brunch at California Grill. Though the price is now $95 pp, we found it just as we had the last two times: a topnotch experience. The food is well above average, the sparkling wine with boba balls unending, the service exceptional, and the view tremendous--we were seated at a window seat facing MK! The menu is extensive, from charcuterie to sushi, deviled eggs to shrimp and grits, and lobster eggs benedict to a plethora of pastries. Did I mention non-stop mimosas? They don't rush you, either (we spent two hours there). What a magnificent time!

After that, we had a couple of fast passes in a moderately busy MK before heading back to our room. We opted not to go out to eat since we're still full from the brunch, so I'm headed to the hot tub! Oh, and I should mention that I had to buy a swim suit. . .again. I keep forgetting mine at home! pirate:

Pics coming soon!

Speaking of SSR, we are here and in Congress Park in a newly renovated room--gotta say, it's nicely done, though in keeping with current DVC refurbs, a bit bland. The location is great as we have a pool just steps away (with hot tub!) and a short 5-minute walk to the main SSR area. We can see DS across the water, too, and that's a bonus.
Awesome! I hope you had a safe drive down. Glad to hear you are enjoying the room. I booked preferred as well for July so I imagine we will be in Congress Park or maybe the Springs if they are done by July.
We had a great first day. Weather was perfect--sunny and 75 and dry. Our first stop was at CR for the brunch at California Grill. Though the price is now $95 pp, we found it just as we had the last two times: a topnotch experience. The food is well above average, the sparkling wine with boba balls unending, the service exceptional, and the view tremendous--we were seated at a window seat facing MK! The menu is extensive, from charcuterie to sushi, deviled eggs to shrimp and grits, and lobster eggs benedict to a plethora of pastries. Did I mention non-stop mimosas? They don't rush you, either (we spent two hours there). What a magnificent time!
I absolutely adore the CG brunch! My DH and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at Disney last summer and one of the highlights of our trip was that brunch. I could have eaten my body weight in the bacon and egg salad. It is an incredible experience! :goodvibes
After that, we had a couple of fast passes in a moderately busy MK before heading back to our room. We opted not to go out to eat since we're still full from the brunch, so I'm headed to the hot tub! Oh, and I should mention that I had to buy a swim suit. . .again. I keep forgetting mine at home!
A great way to end your day for sure! I don't think we ate until the next morning after that brunch....we enjoyed it so much and tried so many different things. It really was excellent value for the money. :)

My first DVC trip is booked for July! I am coming down with my oldest son to celebrate his 20th birthday. I couldn't get anything at my lovely home of VWL but managed to snag the first three nights at Copper Creek. Then we are moving to Saratoga Springs for 2 nights over the 4th of July weekend and finishing out the trip in a savannah view studio for 3 nights at AKL~Jambo. Now just happily counting down the days until we are home!

suse66, I dont know how I missed your post, but a Big ol Welcome to the Groupies!!! is in order
Its exciting, getting that 1st trip booked as a member. We stayed at CCV in a GV one night this past trip and it was awesome!! The theming is quite different from our beloved VWL, but nicely done all the same, as WDW standards go these days. We too love SSR very much as we like to take advantage of proximity to DS while there. And Artists Pallete IMO is among the best food courts in all the resorts. I have only stayed in Kidani but really love the Savannah view. Great way to enjoy a cup o Joe in the wee hours as the animals wander out. Enjoy your 1st trip as a member and dont be a stranger here. We love when new groupies join in :goodvibes

Sleepy, glad you and Luv made it safe n sound and got ol man winter in the rear view mirror. Y'all enjoy!!

. . . . . . . . . . Speaking of SSR, we are here and in Congress Park in a newly renovated room--gotta say, it's nicely done, though in keeping with current DVC refurbs, a bit bland. The location is great as we have a pool just steps away (with hot tub!) and a short 5-minute walk to the main SSR area. We can see DS across the water, too, and that's a bonus. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nice Sleepy - that is where we first stayed on property in The World back in 2006. It is what convinced us of buying into DVC. I loved the quiet pool AND the Hot Tub! I have compared all other "Quiet" pools to that one - no music, no children's games, no "Cruise Ship Activities Director" shouting out to the beat. That is one of my disappointments in AKV - Kidani Village pool. It was to be a "Quiet Pool" when we bought points there, but . . . . . . . . . . . :sad2:

Happy Monday Groupies! I hope you are all well! (Sleepy, have a great time!). I have been roaming the Disboards all day and figured I would be remiss if I didn’t make one post here. I stayed home from work because I’ve been running a fever since Saturday. A strange bug, just chills, fever, and now today some congestion. Oh, and something I’ve never had before - my eyes are watering so much that if I sneeze water comes out of my eyes. Didn’t seem reasonable to go to work. It has been a fun distraction to observe what happens on the disboards while laying around though.

Anyways, can’t wait to see some pictures!

Back from our trip to VWL. The room was spotless, and we had a LAKE view! The curse is broken; at least for this trip, it was nice not to have the dreaded dumpster view. Of course as everyone mentioned, the Toilet Paper (TP) was awful. When we first joined DVC we used to pack our own TP. We will have to go back to doing that.

This was my first trip to the villas since they started construction on Copper Creek. I was pleasantly surprised. The resort looked good and still had that woodsy feel. Love taking the boat to the Fort and to the Magic Kingdom. The weather was in the 80's most days so I can not complain. The crowds in the parks were bigger than we expected, but we go so often, that it was OK to just go back to the resort.

We did the Moonlight Magic on Feb 11th. This was our first one and it was truly enjoyable.

They have started construction on Reflections. It is just a giant scar on the earth at this point. It looks like the grounds will stretch from WL to the Fort. Sigh, I will try and keep an open mind.

@sleepydog25 Next trip to Disney Nov 30 - Dec 9 2020 at AKV Jambo. Managed to get a 1 bedroom value. Yay for in room laundry.

^Agree about Reflections looking like a huge scar. We had a lake view in December and I hated watching the scar grow daily.

<<<We did the Moonlight Magic on Feb 11th. This was our first one and it was truly enjoyable. >>>
claire_ont WE WERE THERE THAT NIGHT! It was a great night!
Here we are Feb 11. My daughter and I won some turtles with the complimentary game card everyone received! We gifted ours to a cute set of twins we saw there! And Primeheval Whirl was open for business that night! And FOP was a 10-15 min wait in last hour of the night! WIN!

And I am excited to meet up with Julie (Horselover) this week in WDW! Sleepy....maybe you & Luv too?!

WE WERE THERE THAT NIGHT! It was a great night!

Maria...it is so good to have you drop in...and thank you so much for the pictures. Though you seem to have forgotten that we're all supposed to be aging! :)

Really, it is nice to touch base with you, and I hope you have nothing but Moose Dust moments all week long!

<<<We did the Moonlight Magic on Feb 11th. This was our first one and it was truly enjoyable. >>>
And I am excited to meet up with Julie (Horselover) this week in WDW! Sleepy....maybe you & Luv too?!
Yeah, we didn't work out a time beforehand, but perhaps tonight at Member event if you're going? (I think Horsey is.) It's been a relaxing couple of days. One of our views on the leisurely stroll back from Wine Bar George last evening. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter