VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Had to take my husband to the ER on Tuesday for what I thought was a stroke but turned out to be a mass on his brain stem. He is in surgery now to remove it. I tell you we just can't catch a break. It's just one thing after another. I'm sitting here a nervous wreck for the next few hours waiting till the surgery is over.
Sending healing prayers in your direction.

DLI, prayers for you and your husband. And some pixie dust for a worry free future vacation.

Like DVC Jen, I am concerned about Texas opening up today. I, for the time being am going to keep doing what I have been. I go to work on Mon and Thurs mornings. Only one other person there and we both don't do a lot of excess outings. Then on Thurs after I finish work, I go to the store and get what we need for the week. Then back home til I need to go to work again. I have my mask for when I go to the stores and I keep my distance from everyone! But here's hoping that it works here and the other states that are doing the same.

Stay safe groupies!

Massachusetts just made it a requirement that as of today we must wear face masks when going out. Yeah, our governor is a little late to that ballgame, I bought and made mine weeks back. I'm sporting a minnie & mickey design, my daughter has bumble bees with a bit of glitter on the wings (she's a floral designer). Also made some blue patterned ones for her bosses as they had no idea where to get them.

Charlie Baker
@MassGovernor

Today we are requiring all residents to wear a mask in public places when it is not possible to maintain proper social distance.

Did you all see the new masks being pre-ordered on shopdisney?

Last edited:
Massachusetts just today made it a requirement that as of today we must wear face masks when going out. Yeah, our governor is a little late to that ballgame, I bought and made mine weeks back. I'm sporting a minnie & mickey design, my daughter has bumble bees with a bit of glitter on the wings (she's a floral designer). Also made some blue patterned ones for her bosses as they had no idea where to get them.

Did you all see the new masks being pre-ordered on shopdisney?
Twinklebug I ordered mine yesterday, said end of June shipping. I am in Mass as well and am hoping our curve starts to go the other way. We are getting hit. Hard right now. It’s going to be beautiful ot this weekend. Looking forward to it. Enjoy your weekend everybody

I need more coffee. When I first glimpsed this picture, I wondered why a small bear was chasing a rhinoceros. . .:surfweb: Oy.

It's the weekend, Groupies. . .but if you're like many/most, it hardly feels different than Monday. . .or Sunday. Jen, I hope it all goes well with you in TX, kinda sorta my home state. As Granny says, it's a tough balancing act, but I fear too many places are taking too many giant steps instead of baby steps. It would help to ameliorate the virus' effect if people who do begin getting out would use proper caution. . .but too many won't. California opened up beaches to allow people to get out and get fresh air, and what did they do? Crowd the beaches. Protestors in Michigan show up to the capitol with few of them wearing masks and yelling in the face of the police who were simply doing their jobs. If I had confidence in the ability of John Q. Public to properly distance and practice safe public behavior, I'd be far less concerned.

Have a good weekend, Groupies, and in the words of Sgt Phil Esterhaus, "Let's be safe out there." (Bonus Groupie points for knowing this reference.) pirate:
I believe the exact quote was "and hey, let's be careful out there" Major fan here.:)

DLI- glad to hear all went well. Waiting for results is always hard and I will be adding my prayers for goood news!
We are finally going to have some nice weather this weekend and we may attempt an outside visit at my daughter's with my grandbaby in a stroller and everyone distancing and masking. This will be my first time beyond the sidewalk in front of my house. (I am high risk) Fingers crossed this works out!

DLI- glad to hear all went well. Waiting for results is always hard and I will be adding my prayers for goood news!
We are finally going to have some nice weather this weekend and we may attempt an outside visit at my daughter's with my grandbaby in a stroller and everyone distancing and masking. This will be my first time beyond the sidewalk in front of my house. (I am high risk) Fingers crossed this works out!
Enjoy!!! It is going to beautiful up here in Mass. my DD is starting online Drivers ED for the next 3 weekends. I told myself it would be way better to do this while we are still at stay at home order but it’s going to be the first really beautiful weekend we have had. Not as nice as I’m hoping it will be come end of June when the next class was, and praying some of these restrictions will be lifted by then.

I am going to pre-order the masks on Shop Disney, but I need some now! If anyone knows of a good site, or an Etsy shop where I can order masks, please share. Thanks!

I am going to pre-order the masks on Shop Disney, but I need some now! If anyone knows of a good site, or an Etsy shop where I can order masks, please share. Thanks!

Recognizing that this is going to be a thing for awhile I finally ordered a couple off of Etsy on Thursday and they should arrive early next week. I selected the particular ones because I'm thinking the design may not smother me. :rolleyes: I can give you a report on them once they arrive if you'd like. :)

Anyone that can’t wait for a mask — they were mandating you wear one going into Menards in Minneapolis (like a Home Depot) yesterday. If you didn’t have one you get one at the service counter for $1. Not fancy, but does the job. BTW, the best way to sanitize your mask I’ve found is to leave it on the dashboard in your car. When your car heats up in the sun with the windows closed that should do the trick of killing anything on it.
Strange thing yesterday, I had to stop at the Menards in Duluth and it was way crowded (of course I forgot something earlier in Mpls). But, in Duluth you didn’t have to wear a mask. There are idiots around here telling people it’s a law that you ha e to wear a mask when outside, but that is not true. The legislature makes laws. Governors and other politicians can strongly advise, and any given business can have a policy for employees and/or customers but I haven’t heard of any law being passed anywhere mandating masks. Also, the darn things won’t fly when it gets warmer, they’re already hot. And, they fog up my glasses....but still I try to be courteous of others and if it looks like a “mask hotspot” I’ll wear mine... 😟

The best was my wife saw someone driving around in a convertible with the top down wearing a mask yesterday — that is ridiculous!

Okay, I saw this news article and knew I just had to post it here...

Florida deputies arrested a man who had been living out his quarantine on a shuttered Disney World island, telling authorities it felt like a “tropical paradise.”
Orange County Sheriff's deputies found Richard McGuire on Disney's Discovery Island on Thursday. He said he'd been there since Monday or Tuesday and had planned to camp there for a week, according to an arrest report.
The 42-year-old said he didn't hear numerous deputies searching the private island for him on foot, by boat and by air because he was asleep in a building. He told the deputy he didn't know it was a restricted area, despite there being numerous “no trespassing” signs.
“Richard stated that he was unaware of that and that it looked like a tropical paradise,” according to the arrest report.

Here's the link to the article:

Man Arrested Trying to Quarantine on Disney island

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter