• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

We moved my mom into assisted living last Friday. We were worried she'd be crying to go home and trying to run away back to the house which is but 1/4 mile off... but she seems to like it. 🤣 The place is set up like a cruise ship, just with nicer rooms. Large welcoming staircase, beautiful dining room, lots of nooks and crannies to get away to sit and watch TV, the fireplace, the TV and the fireplace... and there's always something going on. She said she likes having people to cook and clean for her, and when she's confused they just lead her back to her room or get her involved with the activities. She's always been the social bug of the family. I'm hoping she does better with more people around her.

I think it helps that we moved her in as the place is decorated to the Nth with Christmas garland and lights. She has such a nice view out her living room window across the wrap around porch and to the covered walkway wrapped in white lights. ❄☃

Reminds me a bit of the walkway down to the villas, okay, not really, but the rockers add to the dream.
That can be such a hard move so I am so glad you found such a nice place for her. Unfortunately it can be so hard to find good ones that are affordable. Wishing her some fun filled days there.

We sat and read in front of one of the fireplaces in the main lodge. We hit it just right as VWL and the main lodge have been occupied by people each time we walk by. It was upstairs I believe on the 3rd floor. So great. We also had some drinks and apps at Territory lounge. They are not taking DVC discount as I thought the previously did. It was nice and plenty of tables.628895

Lakegirl thank you for all of the awesome pictures!

Anyone else have any Disney "nightmares"? I had one of my usual type of one last night. We were on our trip and were in the MK. I was just looking around and taking it all in when I suddenly realized that somehow we were already halfway through our trip and I was so upset. I couldn't even remember any of the trip before that point. Thankfully I then woke up and realized that I have my entire trip to still look forward to. I have these kind of dreams a lot before a trip.

We moved my mom into assisted living last Friday. We were worried she'd be crying to go home and trying to run away back to the house which is but 1/4 mile off... but she seems to like it. 🤣 The place is set up like a cruise ship, just with nicer rooms. Large welcoming staircase, beautiful dining room, lots of nooks and crannies to get away to sit and watch TV, the fireplace, the TV and the fireplace... and there's always something going on. She said she likes having people to cook and clean for her, and when she's confused they just lead her back to her room or get her involved with the activities. She's always been the social bug of the family. I'm hoping she does better with more people around her.

I think it helps that we moved her in as the place is decorated to the Nth with Christmas garland and lights. She has such a nice view out her living room window across the wrap around porch and to the covered walkway wrapped in white lights. ❄☃

Reminds me a bit of the walkway down to the villas, okay, not really, but the rockers add to the dream.
Hi Cindy,

So happy to hear you were able to get your mom settled. We moved our mom into her assisted living facility just over 2 years ago. In addition to your mom having people around to socialize with, it will also give you peace of mind to know she is not alone.

Lakegirl thank you for all of the awesome pictures!

Anyone else have any Disney "nightmares"? I had one of my usual type of one last night. We were on our trip and were in the MK. I was just looking around and taking it all in when I suddenly realized that somehow we were already halfway through our trip and I was so upset. I couldn't even remember any of the trip before that point. Thankfully I then woke up and realized that I have my entire trip to still look forward to. I have these kind of dreams a lot before a trip.

I almost ALWAYS have at least one Disney nightmare before a trip, thought I was the only one!

I posted this on a different thread about changes at WDW. I thought some of you on this board might understand our experience.

We just got back from a stay at Wilderness Lodge.

To anyone that didn’t experience WDW 20 - 25 years ago, you really don’t understand all the ways in which it has changed. Here are just a FEW things we experienced at Wilderness Lodge, Christmas 2000:

Early park entry one hour before official park opening
Each morning clever, different towel animals in our room
Complimentary (FREE) kids activities in the lobby (like making ornaments)
Flag family
Personalized tours of the Lodge - FREE
Surrey bikes to rent to go to Fort Wilderness
A marina with boat rentals, fishing, mouse boats
”Sleigh” rides to Fort Wilderness
A gift left at your door Christmas morning
Local choirs performing in the lobby most evenings
Napkins, swizzle sticks, room stationary all had Wilderness Lodge Logo on them
The BBQ was cooked on site and filled the Lodge with a wonderful smell
REAL wood burning fireplaces

It leaves me sad....

Last edited:
Can someone please post the December 2021 recreational activity guide they print out for WL /CCV/BRV? (the one that lists the movies, and marshmallow roast etc)
TIA!!!!

I posted this on a different thread about changes at WDW. I thought some of you on this board might understand our experience.

We just got back from a stay at Wilderness Lodge.

To anyone that didn’t experience WDW 20 - 25 years ago, you really don’t understand all the ways in which it has changed. Here are just a FEW things we experienced at Wilderness Lodge, Christmas 2000:

Early park entry one hour before official park opening
Each morning clever, different towel animals in our room
Complimentary (FREE) kids activities in the lobby (like making ornaments)
Flag family
Personalized tours of the Lodge - FREE
Surrey bikes to rent to go to Fort Wilderness
A marina with boat rentals, fishing, mouse boats
”Sleigh” rides to Fort Wilderness
A gift left at your door Christmas morning
Local choirs performing in the lobby most evenings
Napkins, swizzle sticks, room stationary all had Wilderness Lodge Logo on them
The BBQ was cooked on site and filled the Lodge with a wonderful smell
REAL wood burning fireplaces

It leaves me sad....
I think we need to clarify what is and isn't still the same. I started to mark off them as GONE, SUSPENDED, UNCHANGED but got lost around flag family. Someone in the know... please help!

We are at Poly now and just submitted an offer for BR points and would love to see it while we're here. Are the boats running from Contemporary to the lodge?

Mickeynutty, many of those things make me sad too. You are right that people that have not been going for a very long time do not see it. I know that we have to deal with change, but it's so hard.

I was able to secure registration in the Springtime Surprise Runs that are coming in late March. These runs replace the Star Wars runs that they did have. I've got a reservation at SSR for this trip. I've waitlisted for BWV, but I really don't have much hope that it will come through. I'm okay with SSR, because the traffic to and from the Lodge to Epcot on race mornings has been brutal since they close part of World Drive. But I've only been there for Princess, so not sure how these different races will map out and affect traffic. Happy to have some plans anyway. Happy to secure a spot in the races since that was a nerve wracking 20 minutes. The 5K and challenge sold out very quickly.

I'm jealous of all of you that are getting some lodge time during the holidays. I enjoy seeing all the pics and it seems everyone we know is at WDW right now. Hoping the AP's will return soon as I need them for our trip. Frustrated with myself for not buying them a few months ago, but never dreamed they would remove them again.

Gotta get to the airport this morning to pick up college kid #2. Crossing my fingers she makes her connection in Atlanta, she only has about 30 minutes. I will be happy to have a 2/3 full nest for a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter