• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

So, our December trip to VWL was supposed to be last week, but Mrs. Granny was feeling ill and unable to travel so we ended up not being able to go at all. Unfortunately, we weren't sure until the day we were supposed to travel and check-in at VWL, so we just didn't go.

So, if it is the day of check-in then the online site does not allow us to cancel via online. They direct us to call Member Services. So I called Member Services but was told that the estimated wait time was 85 minutes. I didn't see any point in waiting on hold for 1 1/2 hours just to cancel the reservation and lose the points anyway. So we never did technically cancel, we were just no-shows.

We will try again in February, and have a trip planned for then. We were really disappointed not to be able to visit our beloved WL during Christmas season. Oh well, maybe next year!

So, our December trip to VWL was supposed to be last week, but Mrs. Granny was feeling ill and unable to travel so we ended up not being able to go at all. Unfortunately, we weren't sure until the day we were supposed to travel and check-in at VWL, so we just didn't go.

So, if it is the day of check-in then the online site does not allow us to cancel via online. They direct us to call Member Services. So I called Member Services but was told that the estimated wait time was 85 minutes. I didn't see any point in waiting on hold for 1 1/2 hours just to cancel the reservation and lose the points anyway. So we never did technically cancel, we were just no-shows.

We will try again in February, and have a trip planned for then. We were really disappointed not to be able to visit our beloved WL during Christmas season. Oh well, maybe next year!
I hope Mrs. Granny is feeling better. Missing a Disney trip is sad, but not a game changing event. Glad you skipped out for her sake.

I hope Mrs. Granny is feeling better. Missing a Disney trip is sad, but not a game changing event. Glad you skipped out for her sake.

Thanks Cindy. She is feeling much better now. And you are absolutely right that missing a Disney trip is pretty much a first world problem. I was a little bummed because we haven’t been there for over two years…and forfeiting the points was no fun. But honestly it’s not a big deal. We’ve been blessed with many trips to WDW and with our DVC we know we’ll make many more, the Good Lord willing. I appreciate your kind words.

So sorry you had to miss your trip Granny but glad Mrs Granny is doing well and that you have another trip to look forward to in just a couple of months. :hug:
Granny, so sorry to hear Mrs. Granny was not feeling well and you had to cancel. Glad she is feeling better though.:flower3:
Granny, I was sad to read that you and Mrs. Granny cancelled your December trip. I am glad that she is feeling much better. I hope you both will enjoy your February trip. We will be in CC Feb 5 to 10th and are really looking forward to being in the Lodge!!

Thank you all for your words of kindness. Mrs. Granny is feeling fine now, and we are in the Christmas countdown mode. :santa:

Hello, Groupies!
I wish you all well heading into the final weekend before Christmas. Wait. How can that be? Anyway, I had to share a quick anecdotal story.

One of the positions I've trained to do is that of room inspector, those pesky types who follow housekeepers after they've cleaned a room waiting to be released to someone who is "patiently" waiting in the lobby for their room ready text. One of the tools of the trade is a giant sticky roller similar to a lint roller only way larger...and with a 3' handle. We go over the already vacuumed, steam-mopped, and thoroughly cleaned floors to pick up any stray dirt or debris. Insider knowledge here: I might go through an average of three sticky sheets to do a 2BR suite.

So, because our house seems to constantly be under renovation, I bought a similar item to use here. Oh, lordy, Groupies! I used five sheets in the living room alone! Lest you think I'm a slob, I had vacuumed earlier in the day, and we usually vacuum at least 3 times a week. And mop. I mean, we're not a hospital ward clean here at the house, but we do keep things tidy, picked up, and, well, clean.

All that to say, I've decided the next time I'm in a hotel room (Disney specifically), I will realize that a stray hair here, a missed crumb there doesn't mean the room hasn't been cleaned.

Again, have a great weekend, Groupies! Be safe all.

Hello, Groupies!
I wish you all well heading into the final weekend before Christmas. Wait. How can that be? Anyway, I had to share a quick anecdotal story.

One of the positions I've trained to do is that of room inspector, those pesky types who follow housekeepers after they've cleaned a room waiting to be released to someone who is "patiently" waiting in the lobby for their room ready text. One of the tools of the trade is a giant sticky roller similar to a lint roller only way larger...and with a 3' handle. We go over the already vacuumed, steam-mopped, and thoroughly cleaned floors to pick up any stray dirt or debris. Insider knowledge here: I might go through an average of three sticky sheets to do a 2BR suite.

So, because our house seems to constantly be under renovation, I bought a similar item to use here. Oh, lordy, Groupies! I used five sheets in the living room alone! Lest you think I'm a slob, I had vacuumed earlier in the day, and we usually vacuum at least 3 times a week. And mop. I mean, we're not a hospital ward clean here at the house, but we do keep things tidy, picked up, and, well, clean.

All that to say, I've decided the next time I'm in a hotel room (Disney specifically), I will realize that a stray hair here, a missed crumb there doesn't mean the room hasn't been cleaned.

Again, have a great weekend, Groupies! Be safe all.

where do I purchase said roller thingy??!!??🤔

PSA :flower3:

If I’m not mistaken, there are a few Groupies and Groupie spouses who enjoy Disney Dooney and Bourke bags. Wanted to let you know for the first time ever there is a selection of bags on the D & B site on sale @30% off. They’re all older patterns but I managed to pick up something!

Unfortunately you didn’t miss a thing. Multiple issues at the resort. Magical Express was a complete mess. Only one boat running from the resort. Decorations at a minimum as well as the food selection and service. It was so very sad. The cutbacks are obvious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter