VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Where/how do you make room requests? This is our first trip to HHI (April 15-19), and I feel like such a newbie!
Lorana
I dont know how I missed this but if you call direct within a few days to DHHI, you should be able to place requests. My advice is high floor as 1st request. Never stayed in a 1st floor but heard it can be noisy from above foot traffic. Really, views for most part are all good IMO, with relatively very little non water views of some type. I hope this helps

Oh the groupies were about to slip to page 2! Couldn't let that happen. We are about 20 days out from our Springtime Surprise trip. Our Boardwalk waitlist hasn't come through (not that I really expected it to). I did however make a CC reservation for July for a couple of days. Going to try to land moonlight magic at HS. I was successful in getting the one for Epcot at the end of the month. We are running the 5K that night, but I'm hoping we can still make it over there to get to experience a few things. I just want to ride Ratatouille. I actually cut our trip short by a day, since there seems to be no hope on AP's making a comeback. I'm sticking to my guns and not buying tickets.

Oh the groupies were about to slip to page 2! Couldn't let that happen. We are about 20 days out from our Springtime Surprise trip. Our Boardwalk waitlist hasn't come through (not that I really expected it to). I did however make a CC reservation for July for a couple of days. Going to try to land moonlight magic at HS. I was successful in getting the one for Epcot at the end of the month. We are running the 5K that night, but I'm hoping we can still make it over there to get to experience a few things. I just want to ride Ratatouille. I actually cut our trip short by a day, since there seems to be no hope on AP's making a comeback. I'm sticking to my guns and not buying tickets.

Same here! Well, not running. Arthritis popped up in my knees a little less than a year ago and the rest of the family was in love with the Star Wars theme. This is our reschedule from January and first trip back to WDW since New Years of 2020. :faint: It's really been a bit of a chore trying to figure out all the changes. Getting tickets switched to the new dates required way too many calls and hours on hold for the family sadly leaving a bad taste over it all even before we get there. Plus what they had really wanted were AP's but not having them is adding to it. But we will push forward and see how we like this new version of WDW. Mostly we're just looking forward to seeing each other as it's been 2 years for that also.

Last edited:
My last trip to vWL (Boulder Ridge) was mid Feb 2020. Then March happened and I have not been back to Disney since. During that time I have had to cancel 6 trips. Things are looking great now for being able to return to WDW this May. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that there will not be another variant pop up that will close the border. I really need a Disney fix.

Hi all! Haven't stayed at VWL since 2009. Have an upcoming split studio stay at CCV for 1 night and then 2 nights at BLT (7/10-7/13). I have a wait list for CCV and VWL, so if either comes through it'll replace the BLT nights. How are the VWL rooms these days that are not renovated yet? We are taking some family members with us who have never been to Disney who would be joining us for the 2 nights we currently have at BLT, but I think they'd like the Wilderness Lodge better. BLT rooms are smaller, so would prefer a bit more space and not have to move from the Lodge to BLT.

Hi all! Haven't stayed at VWL since 2009. Have an upcoming split studio stay at CCV for 1 night and then 2 nights at BLT (7/10-7/13). I have a wait list for CCV and VWL, so if either comes through it'll replace the BLT nights. How are the VWL rooms these days that are not renovated yet? We are taking some family members with us who have never been to Disney who would be joining us for the 2 nights we currently have at BLT, but I think they'd like the Wilderness Lodge better. BLT rooms are smaller, so would prefer a bit more space and not have to move from the Lodge to BLT.
When I stayed last spring I found the rooms are a little worn and needed some updates but still loved staying there. The rooms are clean and the staff is great.

When you've celebrated St Patrick's Day, then you know spring is right around the corner. Here's hoping all the Groupies enjoy a gentle season of warming temps and light rains.

In VWL news, I've read elsewhere that the bison has yet to return and that DVC Mickey disappeared overnight. When we were there in December, the bison was MIA. I know they take them away for refreshing (we just got Bambi and Thumper back after a few months' absence), but it sure seems as though this is a suspiciously long disappearance. And poor DVC Mickey never seems to stay in one place long. I have my opinions on this whole shenanigan, but I'll keep it to myself for now.

Good morning, Groupies! For those of you traveling to HHI, be aware that the Big Dipper pool and Mercantile hours have been extended. Both are now open 9AM to 9PM. The Beach House is still only 9AM to 5PM, but I suspect they'll extend the hours to 7PM in the coming weeks.

Any VWL news, any topiary sightings by anyone? Bueller?

Well, there has been a lot of activity on the DVC Resorts board. . .just not on OUR thread. We are too close to the crease to allow, so here I am.

For those who have been to VWL lately, how is she doing? Same vibe? A little dissonance? Inquiring minds want to know.

In other news, well, I have virtually none. I did get to sit and talk with bobbiwoz for a few minutes the other day. It was great to catch up a little. HHI is beginning to get busy. I can tell the difference in the traffic patterns already.

Okay, have a great upcoming weekend, Groupies!

Why is BRV/VWL the only WDW DVC resort below 200 a point direct now?!?
(Now it appears BRV/VWL is the smallest DVC resort at WDW!)

Last edited:
Why is BRV the only WDW DVC resort below 200 a point now?!?
Where do you see that? I assume you mean direct from DVC? Looking at a popular resale site, I see that VWL is below typical "bigger ticket" resorts such as BLT, Poly, and BCV, but in line with AK, OKW, and SSR. Overall, it appears the market has cooled a bit as the prices seem depressed. I suspect that between the pandemic, Disney's restrictions on resales since RIV was built, and the continued ramping up of ticket prices, experiences, and the controversial Genie+, the headlong jump off the cliff into DVC ownership may be experiencing a slow down. Just anecdotal, of course. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter