• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

It has been way to long since I have been in here. Enjoyed catching up on everyone’s news. It seems people walk HH. I missed that piece of it so I have WL a week in September. I thought it might be a low time since kids are back in school but apparently not. I am not gung hoe to go back to the parks after our December trip with and the Genie +. I didn’t like the “on your phone all time.“. Hoping we can get to HH.

Forgive me if this question gets old, I cruised the thread and didn't see what I was looking for. We are new DVC members and one of our goals was to eventually stay at every DVC property. Having no 2 trips the same justifies to us the plan to vacation in the same place multiple times a year. For our trip next summer I'm planning to book a 1 Bedroom at CCV for a week in August. CCV is one of those resorts that you hear other owner's rave about. Watching the online tours of the resort and the rooms I can see why. I was all set on making this the plan but then ran across the actual room sizes for all DVC rooms. CCV has the smallest 1 Bedroom after the Value at AKV at 675 sqft. My question is do you feel like the rooms are small when you are there? We are a family of 4 with 2 young daughters so we don't need a ton of space but don't want to feel cramped either. Would you recommend a 2 Bedroom for the extra space? Like I said watching the room tours it looks plenty big to me and is gorgeous but was wondering what the actual feel was like when you are there. Thanks for the help!

Forgive me if this question gets old, I cruised the thread and didn't see what I was looking for. We are new DVC members and one of our goals was to eventually stay at every DVC property. Having no 2 trips the same justifies to us the plan to vacation in the same place multiple times a year. For our trip next summer I'm planning to book a 1 Bedroom at CCV for a week in August. CCV is one of those resorts that you hear other owner's rave about. Watching the online tours of the resort and the rooms I can see why. I was all set on making this the plan but then ran across the actual room sizes for all DVC rooms. CCV has the smallest 1 Bedroom after the Value at AKV at 675 sqft. My question is do you feel like the rooms are small when you are there? We are a family of 4 with 2 young daughters so we don't need a ton of space but don't want to feel cramped either. Would you recommend a 2 Bedroom for the extra space? Like I said watching the room tours it looks plenty big to me and is gorgeous but was wondering what the actual feel was like when you are there. Thanks for the help!

The layout for the 1BR at CCV is a little different, but we didn't feel squeezed at all. The main reduction in space affects the kitchen which for most DVC resorts is a separate area. At CCV, the kitchen area is part of the hallway leading to the living room area. So the reduced space doesn't really affect the living area at CCV. Assuming the daughters will share the sofa/sleeper in the living room area? Should be no problem, though it probably works best to fold the bed up each day as it does take up a lot of the living room space. But that's true of any DVC resort 1BR, with the exception of OKW I'd say. In any event, you should be good to go with the space.

Okay, I've been on hold for an hour and 15 minutes total (got transferred to a different number after calling the one Kathy provided). Evidently, the issue with unlinking tickets and assigning new ones is handled by the MyDisneyExperience online experts. The phone number they gave me for that is 407-939-4357, which is what I'm currently holding on. Hopefully they will be able to help if I ever get through. :crazy2:

The layout for the 1BR at CCV is a little different, but we didn't feel squeezed at all. The main reduction in space affects the kitchen which for most DVC resorts is a separate area. At CCV, the kitchen area is part of the hallway leading to the living room area. So the reduced space doesn't really affect the living area at CCV. Assuming the daughters will share the sofa/sleeper in the living room area? Should be no problem, though it probably works best to fold the bed up each day as it does take up a lot of the living room space. But that's true of any DVC resort 1BR, with the exception of OKW I'd say. In any event, you should be good to go with the space.
This is helpful thanks! Yes they will share the pullout which they do in any other 1 Bedroom we book too. The reduction in kitchen space for us isn't the end of the world as we always plan to eat in a lot more than we actually end up doing! Having the full refrigerator is the only must for us.

I feltl like the living area in Copper Creek 1/2 bedroom felt smaller than at BR. The bedrooms seemed a little bigger at the expense of the living area. Just my impression though, maybe it was the layout. Of course I understand that CC was a redo of hotel rooms vs new construction.

Okay, I've been on hold for an hour and 15 minutes total (got transferred to a different number after calling the one Kathy provided). Evidently, the issue with unlinking tickets and assigning new ones is handled by the MyDisneyExperience online experts. The phone number they gave me for that is 407-939-4357, which is what I'm currently holding on. Hopefully they will be able to help if I ever get through. :crazy2:

Are you still on hold??? :scared:

I’ll share a little trick that seems to work as far as getting to talk to someone - just go to the bathroom - I swear - when I’m on hold with Disney - as soon as I start to ‘use the facilities’, someone picks up the phone….😲

I’ll share a little trick that seems to work as far as getting to talk to someone - just go to the bathroom - I swear - when I’m on hold with Disney - as soon as I start to ‘use the facilities’, someone picks up the phone….😲
Or get multiple things going on: Person at the door, contractors coming through the house, deliveries. That's when they'll pick up... not 5 minutes later when all is quiet again.

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a good weekend. We are at 11 days out from our quick 2 day Disneyland trip. Think we have everything ready.
Got a little question for you all. With the exception of the Lodge, if you could decorate a part of your house like something from WDW what would it be? It can be a ride or resort. For me I think I would have a kitchen like 50's Prime Time and I would do a den or something like that like the Haunted Mansion.

We don't have a dedicated "Disney" room, it just seems to trickle all over the house. We do have a theater room in our house, and it's got all my Disney lithographs that I used to collect. I have a collection of relief plates as well, sadly those are in the attic. At one time (14ish years ago) DH was supposed to build me some shelves towards the top of ceiling to put them all up, but I've waited on that so long that until you posted, I forgot I had them! :teeth: Our living room is more of rustic look, we have old beams across the ceiling that supposadely came out of an old warehouse in South Carolina?? Don't know if that's true, but that's what the builder told us. Anyway, my shelves in the living room have my Wilderness Lodge lithos, splash mountain pics, my original LIFE mag from the day Disney opened, our flag family certificate, and various other Disney items. They seem to fit in the best in this room. Since retirement, I've been remodeling and repainting our RV. This seemed like it would only take a few weeks, I was sadly mistaken!! This is like the 2nd month of me spending probably 20 hours a week on it. It's mostly in the white with gray and black accents. I'm thinking the bunk room will be where I must put some Disney decor. For our bedroom in the RV I've chosen a "national parks" theme, which really is my nod to the "Lodge" as well.

2 days til we leave for our Springtime surprise trip. We'll be at SSR. AP's were never sold again, so we opted for no tickets this trip. I used most of the Disney gift cards I had saved back to buy AP's to register for the Wine and Dine race the other day. I guess I'll start collecting gift cards again. We have our 2 weeks reserved at Fort Wilderness in November. Crossing my fingers I can get some AP's for before that trip. I'll be just like Granny though, I have no idea about all this genie + stuff. I don't even feel like a veteran anymore!

Are you still on hold??? :scared:

I was on hold for over two hours and never got through. I had to go somewhere so I gave up. I’ll try it again tomorrow morning. The new number I got just played the usual Disney stuff, but I never got a message estimating wait time or anything that even confirmed I had the right number.

they sure don’t make things easy, do they?

I was on hold for over two hours and never got through. I had to go somewhere so I gave up. I’ll try it again tomorrow morning. The new number I got just played the usual Disney stuff, but I never got a message estimating wait time or anything that even confirmed I had the right number.

I'm curious why Disney doesn't use the call back systems other big companies use. Just leave your number and the system will call you back when you're next in line.
For such a huge media giant they sure are dragging their heels in the mud tech wise.

I had to do a video chat to get a DAS and was in the queue well over 2 hours until I finally got help

I'm curious why Disney doesn't use the call back systems other big companies use. Just leave your number and the system will call you back when you're next in line.
For such a huge media giant they sure are dragging their heels in the mud tech wise.

I have to agree. I've heard story after story about Disney's poor customer service these days. In my case, I already spent the money so I guess they aren't worried too much about my issue. That sounds whiny but frankly none of my current situation would have been an issue in the past...it's the dating of passes and park reservations and such that have all come about in the past two years that have caused the issue. And when you do call, they give you the "did you know you can do lots of stuff online" spiel which I'd love to do but they haven't brought their web tech up to date with all their changing policies.

I had to do a video chat to get a DAS and was in the queue well over 2 hours until I finally got help

Just brutal customer service. 😟

I have to agree. I've heard story after story about Disney's poor customer service these days. In my case, I already spent the money so I guess they aren't worried too much about my issue. That sounds whiny but frankly none of my current situation would have been an issue in the past...it's the dating of passes and park reservations and such that have all come about in the past two years that have caused the issue. And when you do call, they give you the "did you know you can do lots of stuff online" spiel which I'd love to do but they haven't brought their web tech up to date with all their changing policies.

Just brutal customer service. 😟
Yeah with how long it takes to be able to talk to someone I would love to just do the stuff online if I could. It is just so bad right now.

Disney tech and customer service is painful, but I spent 4 hours on hold with Delta Airlines last week when they cancelled our flight home from New York and never spoke with a human. I even tried their texting feature and pretty much got no where (literally). It said my expected wait time was 2.5 hours, but even past that I still never spoke to anyone. I sent a claim in via email and got a case number. The auto reply said it could take up to 30 days for me to get a response. Doesn't make Disney's customer service any better, but I think there are plenty of businesses that are just as bad.

It's not cost-effective--they'd have to actually spend money to upgrade their system.

Speaking of being on hold, we too experienced the same "on hold" treatment last night. Tammy chatted with a CM, they told them they couldn't resolve our issue, but we could be put in que for a callback. We waited for an hour, got the call, but the CM couldn't help, so she put us through to another que, which finally told us we had a 2 hr wait.

We are trying to purchase tickets with gift cards but online they only allow 1 GC per transaction. So rather than be put on hold, we are going to try to purchase 7 tickets individually with several GCs, fingers crossed it works.

I feel for the CMs who have to listen to the complaining that you know they hear day in and day out, and they have no control over it. The IT dept has to be stretched too.

Computers are great tools, cell phones with info at your fingertips, nice. But I miss, in fact, wishing we could go back to none of that stuff available, but rather the ol fashioned way, talk to people.

Speaking of being on hold, we too experienced the same "on hold" treatment last night. Tammy chatted with a CM, they told them they couldn't resolve our issue, but we could be put in que for a callback. We waited for an hour, got the call, but the CM couldn't help, so she put us through to another que, which finally told us we had a 2 hr wait.

We are trying to purchase tickets with gift cards but online they only allow 1 GC per transaction. So rather than be put on hold, we are going to try to purchase 7 tickets individually with several GCs, fingers crossed it works.

I feel for the CMs who have to listen to the complaining that you know they hear day in and day out, and they have no control over it. The IT dept has to be stretched too.

Computers are great tools, cell phones with info at your fingertips, nice. But I miss, in fact, wishing we could go back to none of that stuff available, but rather the ol fashioned way, talk to people.
Jimmy, if they're the Disney gift cards you can consolidate their values all onto one using their site (see back of the card).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter