• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

More of a question and answer game this time...

Re-collect your memories! What grabbed your attn. (or what comes to mind) that drew you to Disney?

For me, several things stand out...when I was a wee lad, I remember watching the Wonderful World of Disney or Wonderful World of Color(not sure which)and thinking, not knowing, Walt was still alive and well, doing these weekly shows. The historical shows especially caught my eye, tales of Davy Crockett, The Swamp Fox, etc.

Then, I realized that DisneyWorld was being built and soon to open, and knowing FL wasn't that far from NC, I might could talk my parents into taking us 3 kids. We never made it, but Im making up for lost time now!

I had this book with a record that you followed along with, about Peter Pan, and I imagined myself as Peter, playing in our barn, believing it to be Captain. Hooks ship.

And my sister visiting WDW in her HS band years, her coming home, telling me about HM. Another pop up book had me daydreaming as she spoke about it.

Sorry, lots of memories came flooding back! So what are your most vivid memories?

Last edited:
Hello long lost groupie friends! It always makes my heart so happy to pop on here & see this thread is still going strong. VWL groupies are the best! :)

I'm going to read back. I swear I will, but the main purpose of logging on today was to check out the rental board. I've been trying to sell my BLT contract since Dec. with no success. I had an offer last week that I accepted, but the buyers changed their minds after stringing me along for a week. :mad: I have banked points that are going to need to be used by 3/31 so it's looking more & more likely I'm going to need to rent them sooner vs. later.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. I did have a stay at our beloved home in Dec. Wonderful as always. Can't say I'm a fan of the new weird southwestern room make over, but since when has DVC ever asked our opinion on anything. 🤷‍♀️

Not too much new in my world. Same job which I'm not allowed to mention on these boards. Still 4 of us living in the house. I don't actually mind having them still at home. It's too expensive to live on your own in MA. DH & I are headed to Italy for a 3 week trip beginning of May. It's become my new favorite place since not being able to visit New Zealand due to the borders being closed so long. Borders are open now, but airfare is outrageous so my return visit is still on hold. Italy is not a bad substitute. :) 🍷🍷

I will be back later to read back, but didn't want to log on & not stop by to say hi. :wave2:

Hello long lost groupie friends! It always makes my heart so happy to pop on here & see this thread is still going strong. VWL groupies are the best! :)

I'm going to read back. I swear I will, but the main purpose of logging on today was to check out the rental board. I've been trying to sell my BLT contract since Dec. with no success. I had an offer last week that I accepted, but the buyers changed their minds after stringing me along for a week. :mad: I have banked points that are going to need to be used by 3/31 so it's looking more & more likely I'm going to need to rent them sooner vs. later.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. I did have a stay at our beloved home in Dec. Wonderful as always. Can't say I'm a fan of the new weird southwestern room make over, but since when has DVC ever asked our opinion on anything. 🤷‍♀️

Not too much new in my world. Same job which I'm not allowed to mention on these boards. Still 4 of us living in the house. I don't actually mind having them still at home. It's too expensive to live on your own in MA. DH & I are headed to Italy for a 3 week trip beginning of May. It's become my new favorite place since not being able to visit New Zealand due to the borders being closed so long. Borders are open now, but airfare is outrageous so my return visit is still on hold. Italy is not a bad substitute. :) 🍷🍷

I will be back later to read back, but didn't want to log on & not stop by to say hi. :wave2:
Hi Julie! Good to "see" you stopping by! I do a bit of here then not but 3 trips under the belt since not going for over two years has me back in the Disney swing a bit more. If you haven't been posting on these boards then renting may be an issue but FB has a couple of active groups for it. Enjoy Italy! Someday I'll get there. I'd kind of thought it or Portugal would be a return to europe trip but my niece's husband may have a work trip to either Norway or the Netherlands and she invited me to come play tourist with her if that comes about. Not until next year though.

More of a question and answer game this time...

Re-collect your memories! What grabbed your attn. (or what comes to mind) that drew you to Disney?

For me, several things stand out...when I was a wee lad, I remember watching the Wonderful World of Disney or Wonderful World of Color(not sure which)and thinking, not knowing, Walt was still alive and well, doing these weekly shows. The historical shows especially caught my eye, tales of Davy Crockett, The Swamp Fox, etc.

Then, I realized that DisneyWorld was being built and soon to open, and knowing FL wasn't that far from NC, I might could talk my parents into taking us 3 kids. We never made it, but Im making up for lost time now!

I had this book with a record that you followed along with, about Peter Pan, and I imagined myself as Peter, playing in our barn, believing it to be Captain. Hooks ship.

And my sister visiting WDW in our HS band years, her coming home, telling me about HM. Another pop up book had me daydreaming as she spoke about it.

Sorry, lots of memories came flooding back! So what are your most vivid memories?

Very similar in that I grew up with the Wonderful World of Disney and especially loved both the nature and historical shows. I also loved getting some old black and white Spin and Marty and such on the Mickey Mouse Club that was shown as re-runs on some channel in the afternoons. I too had no idea at the time that Walt Disney had passed away about 6 months after I was born! I thought he was actually there and doing the introductions each week. :goodvibes

Where our tales differ is that my aunt and uncle lived in Long Beach, CA so even though we lived in MN there were a couple of times we went to Disneyland when we went to visit them! My uncle would drive us over to the park in his big Cadillac and drop us off for the day. The memories of driving along the beach and seeing the oil derricks out in the water as we headed to DL is very much imprinted in my head. lol That's where I first got my little stuffed Mickey Mouse that had a plastic face. ::MickeyMo Then my dads aunt and uncle and cousin began wintering in Winter Haven so Disney World became a thing too. And that's where I got Minnie Mouse to match my Mickey Mouse! ::MinnieMo I have a picture I took of my parents in front of a sign at WDW stating that Tom Sawyer island would be opening summer of '73. And that was the beginning of the decades of Disney.

Just checking that the WL marina has not reopened for any boat rentals, correct?
Here now and not a boat in sight. Saw several pontoons over at Fort Wilderness when we went for the Hoop Dee Doo. But I’m not even sure those are rentable. Seems like the hut they used for rentals at Wilderness Lodge is gone now too.

Here now and not a boat in sight. Saw several pontoons over at Fort Wilderness when we went for the Hoop Dee Doo. But I’m not even sure those are rentable. Seems like the hut they used for rentals at Wilderness Lodge is gone now too.
I heard that Disney decided to quietly stop the rentals and presence of the Sea Raycers (water mice). Not sure why - my kids and I have amazing memories of driving them about - never had an issue with them.

Hi Horselover!!!! So good to hear from you!

Can you get a coffee pot? I do not like Keurigs! VGF had them.
I believe these have a Keruig on one side, a 12 cup coffee maker on the other.

6355731_sd.jpg;maxHeight=2000;maxWidth=2000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter