VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Yes it’s an armadillo
He was floating around the shrubbery near the quiet pool
Granny is a long-standing groupie
He and I were talking the other night how we are on the very 1st page of the very 1st rendition of this whole Groupies group. If you look back at page 1 and see where those are shared
BTW he is on the post just above your post😊

Thanks! I asked my question before finishing reading the thread. Ha!

I generally request lake side, upper floor, close to elevators. My understanding is that they assume that requests are made in order of priority. Last April with that request they had us assigned to a first floor villa on the lake side. But the person before us in line rejected their fifth floor 1BR villa because it didn’t have a murphy style sleeper sofa. So we took that villa and it’s nice view. We would have made do with the original assignment even though it only met one of the three requests. I think it’s just luck.
How far in advance do you guys suggest to do room request? (not just at WL but any resorts). I've heard it before people say a week to 2 weeks out from arrival? :thanks:

My theory is that if you just ask for a specific room number, they won’t know why you requested it, so if it’s not available for you, they’ll put you anywhere. OTOH I did once ask for a range of room numbers (the “stack” of standard view BWV 1BRs on the corner by the parking lot) and got the room right next door. So who knows! :p
I learned from the Aulani thread that's how some members request certain views, they say request room #s end in this, this or that and most of them have gotten what they wanted! I'm going to do the same for our Aulani trip too!

Last edited:

So have any of you been able to watch Once Upon a Studio yet? OMG I bawled!!! I have watched it like 5 times now and one time I would pause it in different spots to see all of the characters in it. They didn't forget Humphrey!!!! I got very emotional that they included Lambert!!!! Always one of my favorites.
I watched it 3 times back to back!! I got teary eyed! I paused it at the very end where they took the "class photo", then my husband and I were trying to spot all the different characters!

How far in advance do you guys suggestion to do room request?
I usually submit mine as soon as I know what it is, which might be shortly after I book the reservation. That way I don't forget to do it! And also on the theory that if by some chance someone else has the same request I do and there's only one villa that fits it, maybe "first come, first served" comes into play - but considering how many moving parts there are to room assignments, there's probably a negligible chance of that being a factor.

I usually submit mine as soon as I know what it is, which might be shortly after I book the reservation. That way I don't forget to do it! And also on the theory that if by some chance someone else has the same request I do and there's only one villa that fits it, maybe "first come, first served" comes into play - but considering how many moving parts there are to room assignments, there's probably a negligible chance of that being a factor.
ASAP is a good idea, anything closer than 2 weeks and you run into the room assigner having already allocated your request.

How far in advance do you guys suggest to do room request? (not just at WL but any resorts). I've heard it before people say a week to 2 weeks out from arrival? :thanks:
Right as soon as you book is fine, but at HHI, I can tell you that it usually comes down to the last week to 10 days when they're finalizing the room schedule, so I'd advise a follow up at that time direct to the resort if possible (it is at HHI).

I learned from the Aulani thread that's how some members request certain views, they say request room #s end in this, this or that and most of them have gotten what they wanted! I'm going to do the same for our Aulani trip too!
I usually make my requests when I first book my hotel, and then call again around 10 days ahead of check-in to confirm that my requests are on the reservation. In 2020, I did a touring plans request and I got the exact location I wanted, just one floor below. However, my special celebration was being cancer-free and I think that might have had something to do with it. Who knows? :)

How fun is this?? I come to this thread, last page to catch up just a little and whose names do I see? My old buds Granny and JT.
So comforting. Hi guys! Hello to all Groupies Old (like me) and new!

So then I go to the previous page and BOOM, DLI, TwinkleBug and Bobbi! Hello girls!

How fun is this?? I come to this thread, last page to catch up just a little and whose names do I see? My old buds Granny and JT.

So then I go to the previous page and BOOM, DLI, TwinkleBug and Bobbi! Hello girls!
Hey Muushka
I was thinking about you guys just a few days ago! How are you and Chuck doing? Still cruising a lot? Questions questions :goodvibes

Granny and I in separate meets got to catch up with DisnyDI and Dad a couple weeks ago at VWL. All those meets years ago, those were some good times we all had.

Muush!!! :dogdance:

Great to "see" you drop in! On our latest trip a couple of weeks ago, Jimmy and I were reminiscing about some of the original Groupies and poof...here you are!

I have to admit, when I saw your name on the post above, I thought I had accidentally opened up the thread at page one!

It's wonderful to see you, and I pray that life for you is full of health and happiness!

Muushka!!!!!!!! We have missed you!!!! I'm so happy to hear from you. I hope you are doing well.

Thank you, all of my 'old' Groupie buds. Slydog, how did I miss you? Hi! I like your new moniker of Top Dog! And right you are, once a Groupie...
Chuck and I are well and hope all of you are too. See you all around!
:)

Happy Halloween folks!!

We are going to our DDs house tonight for Halloween and eat chili beans and cornbread
Tammy was in charge of dessert so here is what she made
Wilderness Lodge Molasses Crackle Cookies
Mmmm they are good 😊
IMG_1871.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter