VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Was in a studio last month, it’s a drip coffee maker (Mr. Coffee maybe.). It’s definitely not a Keurig or a combo. I brought home a few of the packets of Joffrey’s coffee and it’s the sachet. You can also watch room tours on YouTube. EDIT: I think I misread, Copper Creek studios have the Mr. Coffee, not sure about BRV. DVC Fan has really good rooms tours on YouTube, there is one for a BRV studio.
Somewhere there’s a picture of what’s in the one, two bedrooms. I think it’s one of the combos because I put in my notes to bring cone filters to my stay in December. I’m in a two bedroom.

Somewhere there’s a picture of what’s in the one, two bedrooms. I think it’s one of the combos because I put in my notes to bring cone filters to my stay in December. I’m in a two bedroom.
We stayed in a two-bedroom BRV unit in late August and can confirm it was a combo. We stayed in a studio for one night, but basically just slept there, so I can’t remember what type of coffee maker was in that room.

We recently stayed in a 2BR lock off so I can safely say that the 1BR and studio feature the combo units. It was a welcome upgrade for us not to have to make a pot of coffee every time one of us wanted a cup.

Long time lurker here. Thought I would share some vintage images of Stan, from 2006 when we were the Flag Family. He gave is an incredible tour of the building and explained the history and backstory.

Mojo...thanks so much for posting those pictures of Ranger Stan and your family. As I'm sure you can attest to, Ranger Stan was a kind and gentle soul and was equated with Wilderness Lodge for many years.

Have they restarted the flag family? Would love to do that again...nice memories 🥰.
At this point they have not brought back the flag family program. I am expecting to hear some day that it is coming back...for a fee. It was a fun program, and they included breakfast at the Club Level when we did it. I can see the Flag Family Package coming at some point. And I'd probably be willing to pay it if it was reasonable.

Long time lurker here. Thought I would share some vintage images of Stan, from 2006 when we were the Flag Family. He gave is an incredible tour of the building and explained the history and backstory.
Mojomanny, thank you so much for sharing these photos of Stan and your little guy. Stan was an incredible guy and he took raising the American flag as serious business. I was fortunate to call him friend and we spent several groupie meets and one on one time with he and his "sweetie" Carolyn. I remember him telling several of us at a meet that he never thought he would be a groupie of anything:rotfl2: as we made him an honorary one. Our family spent several 2 week trips at VWL and I would always ask right at check in about being FF. We got to participate at least 5 times and I value every one of those times with him.

I think what got me with Stan was our 2nd time being FF, my mom and dad were with us, along with me, my wife and our two kids. After we got done, and Stan would take us back near the guest services desk, he wrote us out a FF certificate. But before we left him that day, he looked at our 10 and 8 yr olds, told them he had something important to tell them. Well they already had the utmost respect for Stan at that point. He pointed to me, my wife and my parents. He said "you see these folks behind you" and they both nodded sheepishly, he continued, "you always listen to them, and always pay attention to them, they won't steer you wrong. They will be the best friends you ever have in your life"

We all teared up and that moment solidified this late 30, early 40 something guys friendship with an 80ish year old man that otherwise, had it not been for WL, probably never met or crossed paths.

Many others on here have stories too of our beloved Stan. I like that every so often his name comes up and we can pay homage to him. Thank you for sharing your memories with Stan.

And dont be a stranger here. We love meeting new folks here, and having our band grow. Lurking is ok too, but you have ties here now. Please join us!

Last edited:
At this point they have not brought back the flag family program. I am expecting to hear some day that it is coming back...for a fee. It was a fun program, and they included breakfast at the Club Level when we did it. I can see the Flag Family Package coming at some point. And I'd probably be willing to pay it if it was reasonable.
Me too Granny! I think Ranger Jack would do a fine job with it, and he was blessed by Stan to fill his shoes before Stans passing. If he is good enough for Stan he is good with me :goodvibes

Will do! I have discovered after a few days they get even more crunchy, so I throw them in the microwave for 30 seconds and the are just like out of the oven again :goodvibes

I have to say, its nice to be able to get a taste of the Lodge when at home on occasion.
Here’s my foolproof way to keep them soft…..add a few pieces of bread to the container. Works like a charm! of course that doesn’t make the warm again 😆

Mojomanny, thank you so much for sharing these photos of Stan and your little guy. Stan was an incredible guy and he took raising the American flag as serious business. I was fortunate to call him friend and we spent several groupie meets and one on one time with he and his "sweetie" Carolyn. I remember him telling several of us at a meet that he never thought he would be a groupie of anything:rotfl2: as we made him an honorary one. Our family spent several 2 week trips at VWL and I would always ask right at check in about being FF. We got to participate at least 5 times and I value every one of those times with him.

I think what got me with Stan was our 2nd time being FF, my mom and dad were with us, along with me, my wife and our two kids. After we got done, and Stan would take us back near the guest services desk, he wrote us out a FF certificate. But before we left him that day, he looked at our 10 and 8 yr olds, told them he had something important to tell them. Well they already had the utmost respect for Stan at that point. He pointed to me, my wife and my parents. He said "you see these folks behind you" and they both nodded sheepishly, he continued, "you always listen to them, and always pay attention to them, they won't steer you wrong. They will be the best friends you ever have in your life"

We all teared up and that moment solidified this late 30, early 40 something guys friendship with an 80ish year old man that otherwise, had it not been for WL, probably never met or crossed paths.

Many others on here have stories too of our beloved Stan. I like that every so often his name comes up and we can pay homage to him. Thank you for sharing your memories with Stan.

And dont be a stranger here. We love meeting new folks here, and having our band grow. Lurking is ok too, but you have ties here now. Please join us!
Dang who is cutting those onions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter