VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I'm approaching 55 years since my 1st visit to DL so I'd have to say we don't. :teeth:

My parents went in the 1960s. My dad is kind of "meh" about it and my mom likes it but can't handle the walking anymore.

My first visit to WDW was 37 years ago. Disneyland was just 19 years ago. My husband is the opposite - his visit to Disneyland was probably around 40 years ago. But WDW was only 15 years ago.

We're planning to eat breakfast at Roaring Fork each morning. Is there sufficient outdoor seating during that time? We aren't rope drop people. I could see us making it down to breakfast at maybe 8am at the earliest. But possibly even 8:30 or 9.

Also, I'm trying to decide if we might want refillable mugs. I was looking at the menu on the website and it says "Enjoy refills of Fountain Drinks, Coffee, and Tea at any resort self-service beverage location for the entire length of your resort stay." Besides pop/soda...what other fountain beverages are there? Mainly wondering if there are any juice options with the refillable mug. And what about hot chocolate?

We're planning to eat breakfast at Roaring Fork each morning. Is there sufficient outdoor seating during that time? We aren't rope drop people. I could see us making it down to breakfast at maybe 8am at the earliest. But possibly even 8:30 or 9.

Also, I'm trying to decide if we might want refillable mugs. I was looking at the menu on the website and it says "Enjoy refills of Fountain Drinks, Coffee, and Tea at any resort self-service beverage location for the entire length of your resort stay." Besides pop/soda...what other fountain beverages are there? Mainly wondering if there are any juice options with the refillable mug. And what about hot chocolate?

Yes, plenty of outdoor seating. I always buy the mugs, you can use them at any Disney resort (not parks). I do not recall juice being an option, there is MinuteMaid Zero lemonade and a few Zero Water options as well as PowerAid, but no juice in the fountain soda machines. I remember it all being bottled and a separate purchase. And no definite answer on hot chocolate, I am leaning towards it is NOT included. It's not premade, it's the powdered stuff you mix with water, at least at the QS locations. At the WL there are 2 places you can fill a resort mug. At Roaring Fork and at the QS pickup window by Geyser Point, though that is not open 24 hours.

Hmm...bummer about the juice and hot chocolate.

When we last went to WDW in 2012, we could use the mugs for hot chocolate but that was at Pop Century. I don't drink pop, flavored water, or (hotel) coffee so probably not going to be worth it for me it sounds like.

The mugs can be filled with hot water. Anything you can make with hot water (tea, hot chocolate) is included. The only drinks not included are juices and milk.

Do the Resort Refillable mugs include unlimited juice and milk, as well as soda, coffee (is the coffee choices include both iced and hot coffee?), and hot chocolate?

These cups, which double as souvenirs, can be refilled with coffee, tea (hot or iced), fountain soft drinks and hot chocolate. Milk and fruit juices are not included.

Last edited:

I’m here now - YES TO HOT CHOCOLATE! Got it a few times already - the dispenser is right next to the coffee urns

At boulder ridge now. Sad to report the fireplaces are not working. One of the CM’s said some of the Christmas tree decorations in the lobby were being melted by the heat from the fireplace. Seems odd this just started happening this year after all this time.
We’ve been here since Thursday and I’ve seen no attempt to fix them

The mugs can be filled with hot water. Anything you can make with hot water (tea, hot chocolate) is included. The only drinks not included are juices and milk.

Do the Resort Refillable mugs include unlimited juice and milk, as well as soda, coffee (is the coffee choices include both iced and hot coffee?), and hot chocolate?

Thanks! And thanks to @TCRAIG as well! Glad to see hot chocolate is an option.

My DSis and I really like this photo pass Photo!

View attachment 816360

Great picture! Is there always a photopass photographer at the resort or is it just for the holiday season?

Thanks! And thanks to @TCRAIG as well! Glad to see hot chocolate is an option.

Great picture! Is there always a photopass photographer at the resort or is it just for the holiday season?
I've really only seen them around in the lobby when the Christmas tree is up. Other than the holiday season, I don't recall a photopass photographer on the WL campus.

So...we are not well-traveled people. How much do I tip if I end up having bell services help with bags and/or groceries?

Who else do I need to tip while there and how much?

(And on the subject - we are using Mears...how much do I tip each way?? We'll have 2 large suitcases and 1 small wheeled carryon.)

I think it’s reasonable to pass along 1-2 bucks per item to anyone who helps with luggage. Airport SkyCap, Mears driver, Bell service.

Outside of that it would just be wait staff at bars/restaurants.

For what it’s worth, my dad would say 1-2 bucks is way too much 🤣

Thanks! We only do quick service locations so we won't need to worry about tips in the parks.

I never have cash so plan to make a trip to the bank and wasn't sure if I should get 1s or 5s. I think I'll just get a mix of both. Thanks again!

At boulder ridge now. Sad to report the fireplaces are not working. One of the CM’s said some of the Christmas tree decorations in the lobby were being melted by the heat from the fireplace. Seems odd this just started happening this year after all this time.
We’ve been here since Thursday and I’ve seen no attempt to fix them
Oh dear. I've been in similar work and understand how info like that ends up being given out but that's a good one. I have to say there's zero chance ornaments were being melted by the fireplaces though. 🤦‍♀️

Oh dear. I've been in similar work and understand how info like that ends up being given out but that's a good one. I have to say there's zero chance ornaments were being melted by the fireplaces though. 🤦‍♀️
I agree with KAT
Those fireplaces don't get that hot, plus the tree in the VWL lobby is a good 20 feet away. Something else going on here
The CM that told this sounds like a former bus or boat driver:rotfl2:

Did the Lodge used to have a gingerbread house? I don't remember one.
No gingerbread house this year - we were there several years ago and they did have one set up…..will look for a picture.

They have a “shop” set up in the lobby to purchase treats and hot cocoa (spiked or not) we did share a delicious Baileys hot cocoa one evening while we sat in the lobby and soaked up all the glorious ambiance! 🤩🎄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter