VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Uber excited here! 1 month to go before we can book VWL for Dec 2024 for our family and our DD and her family, including #3 GGC OTW late Feb

Its been about a month and a half since getting back home from VWL, but man, that place draws me like a moth to a flame:goodvibes
Congrats J and T on grandchild #3! We’re excited to welcome #2 in March :goodvibes

I have an upcoming 8 day stay, I've never stayed in a 2BR and I'm looking for recommendations what to request. My preference would be something facing the lake.

As a thank you for your thoughts, here is a photo of the pool from 2002

Attachments

• DSCN0874.JPG
    DSCN0874.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 13
I have an upcoming 8 day stay, I've never stayed in a 2BR and I'm looking for recommendations what to request. My preference would be something facing the lake.

Ive had good luck recently asking for specific room numbers by emailing MS 2 weeks before arrival
Go to the 1st page and look at Grannys layout. You can see the room numbers there

I meant to mention this! I wanted to sit by them and they were off our entire stay. Main lobby was working.

Presently it's two weeks out from Christmas and while they're a major part of the experience at all times, arguably they're needed now more than ever. I hope this is just an oversight or if not, an operational issue they are working to resolve asap. There is no way those fireplaces are melting anything as they're designed to make sure all guests are safe and not all that hot.

I'm not saying it is, but could it be the resort operational manager has decided that shutting off the fireplaces in the DVC building will save a penny? I hope not, as those are major features of the resort.

Many of you are VWL owners and have the right to know why a feature of your resort is currently out of service, particularly when it seems to be someone has simply chosen not to turn it on. I've been there in August and they have the fireplaces running.

Everyone deserves the same experience.

Last edited:

The lake side rooms are the odd numbered rooms. But the trees they planted when they built the cabins a few years ago are really growing quickly. So "facing the lake" does not necessarily mean a "view of the lake". We recently stayed on the lake side on the third floor and couldn't really see the lake at all. The villas are only 5 stories high so if you want to see the lake, the best chance is a 5th floor room.

But with the 5th floor comes another hitch (for some). The 1BR and 2BR living room sofa sleeper is the traditional kind that pulls out of a sofa. On all the other floors, the sofa sleeper is a murphy bed that comes down from the wall. For some people, that is an important distinction.

Even though VWL is a small resort, you might want to request "close to the elevators". There are no long hallways there comparable to BWV or AKV, but you might want to keep the walk shorter.

Enjoy your trip!

The lake side rooms are the odd numbered rooms. But the trees they planted when they built the cabins a few years ago are really growing quickly. So "facing the lake" does not necessarily mean a "view of the lake". We recently stayed on the lake side on the third floor and couldn't really see the lake at all. The villas are only 5 stories high so if you want to see the lake, the best chance is a 5th floor room.

But with the 5th floor comes another hitch (for some). The 1BR and 2BR living room sofa sleeper is the traditional kind that pulls out of a sofa. On all the other floors, the sofa sleeper is a murphy bed that comes down from the wall. For some people, that is an important distinction.

Even though VWL is a small resort, you might want to request "close to the elevators". There are no long hallways there comparable to BWV or AKV, but you might want to keep the walk shorter.

Enjoy your trip!
Fourth floor, even-numbered rooms are absolutely the sweet spot.

Presently it's two weeks out from Christmas and while they're a major part of the experience at all times, arguably they're needed now more than ever. I hope this is just an oversight or if not, an operational issue they are working to resolve asap. There is no way those fireplaces are melting anything as they're designed to make sure all guests are safe and not all that hot.

I'm not saying it is, but could it be the resort operational manager has decided that shutting off the fireplaces in the DVC building will save a penny? I hope not, as those are major features of the resort.

Many of you are VWL owners and have the right to know why a feature of your resort is currently out of service, particularly when it seems to be someone has simply chosen not to turn it on. I've been there in August and they have the fireplaces running.

Everyone deserves the same experience.
Yes right now more than any other time you want to be able to enjoy the ambience of the fireplaces. They just add to the Christmas experience in the beautiful lodge

We stayed in #4528 this past August. The room was very nice and we had a wonderful stay. However, there was no view to speak of. It was a very short trip to the elevator, which was a plus.

We stayed in #4528 this past August. The room was very nice and we had a wonderful stay. However, there was no view to speak of. It was a very short trip to the elevator, which was a plus.
We stayed in 3519 back in Oct, which is the opposite corner from your room, down one floor. I love the layout of that 2 bedroom, with 2 exceptions, kitchen is smaller than other rectangular shaped 2 bedrooms and TV in LR area is in an odd position. If you are sitting on the couch you have to turn your head to a 90* angle to watch:headache:

We have a trip planned early Apr to go on a Disney Wish cruise with AnnieT and her DH Alan. So, we planned a few days prior to that at WDW by trying out FW. We rented a travel trailer from Meachems that will be set up for us. Getting excited as I booked park ressies yesterday.
Prior to being in the midst of Covid and early post covid I didnt really get excited about our WDW trips anymore, but I feel the old feelings creeping back in and it feels good! :goodvibes

We stayed in 3519 back in Oct, which is the opposite corner from your room, down one floor. I love the layout of that 2 bedroom, with 2 exceptions, kitchen is smaller than other rectangular shaped 2 bedrooms and TV in LR area is in an odd position. If you are sitting on the couch you have to turn your head to a 90* angle to watch:headache:
Yes, you’re right on both points. We had never stayed in a one-bedroom there before, only one bedroom units. But we had points that needed to be used. And another thing I noticed was the lack of trash cans In the bedrooms and bathrooms. But we love WL and are always happy to be there.

Yes, you’re right on both points. We had never stayed in a one-bedroom there before, only one bedroom units. But we had points that needed to be used. And another thing I noticed was the lack of trash cans In the bedrooms and bathrooms. But we love WL and are always happy to be there.
My DW made the same comment about the trash cans too. The other 2 bedrooms are a different layout for sure and maybe a little more user friendly, but I agree with you, just being at the Lodge makes me happy too.

We will be booking for Dec 24 next month and I am one happy guy to be doing so.

Hi friends! I am happy to report that after checking online daily, I saw this morning that prices and availability appeared on the Disney website for villas and I called immediately! (I had been told on Monday to call back in February) Modified my 2 separate WL rooms to a 2BR villa and I can now check that off my to do list! The cash price is outrageous, so I am hoping that there is some kind of late fall discount next year, but I highly doubt it. But if they released these this early, I am thinking the 11 month DVC demand may not have been very high.
So what if we have to dip into our retirement, this is our happy place!!

My Dad had a stroke Mon eve. He is in the hospital for monitoring at this point. Once out he will need OT and PT. Fortunately, he didnt have a lot of physical damage, he can still walk on his own. He has lost peripheral vision on left side and his face is a bit drooped, so it caused his speech to be slurry, and he is having trouble eating.
My Dad is 92 and was still still working so this is a shock to us all!

*Update* Im just getting around to sending this, but he is coming home in a couple hours.

If any of you would be willing I sure would appreciate pryers on his behalf. His name is Ray

My Dad had a stroke Mon eve. He is in the hospital for monitoring at this point. Once out he will need OT and PT. Fortunately, he didnt have a lot of physical damage, he can still walk on his own. He has lost peripheral vision on left side and his face is a bit drooped, so it caused his speech to be slurry, and he is having trouble eating.

*Update* Im just getting around to sending this, but he is coming home in a couple hours.

If any of you would be willing I sure would appreciate pryers on his behalf. His name is Ray
Keeping him and your family in my thoughts! 🙏

Sending love and prayers for your dad Jimmy. He's 92? Woah. Good genes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter