VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

My Dad had a stroke Mon eve. He is in the hospital for monitoring at this point. Once out he will need OT and PT. Fortunately, he didnt have a lot of physical damage, he can still walk on his own. He has lost peripheral vision on left side and his face is a bit drooped, so it caused his speech to be slurry, and he is having trouble eating.
My Dad is 92 and was still still working so this is a shock to us all!

*Update* Im just getting around to sending this, but he is coming home in a couple hours.

If any of you would be willing I sure would appreciate pryers on his behalf. His name is Ray
Prayers and moose dust for your Dad! I'm glad to hear he will be able to come home.

My Dad had a stroke Mon eve. He is in the hospital for monitoring at this point. Once out he will need OT and PT. Fortunately, he didnt have a lot of physical damage, he can still walk on his own. He has lost peripheral vision on left side and his face is a bit drooped, so it caused his speech to be slurry, and he is having trouble eating.

*Update* Im just getting around to sending this, but he is coming home in a couple hours.

If any of you would be willing I sure would appreciate pryers on his behalf. His name is Ray
So sorry to hear this. I remember you talking about how vibrant and active he was. Sending prayers for a full recovery. Tough time of year to be going through this. My thoughts are with you.

Sounds like what my dad had around that age (he’s 96 now)…lots of prayers and hugs for a speedy recovery!

My prayers for a speedy recovery!

I am so sorry to hear about this! I was just looking at the pictures of him and Rafe the other day and he looks so good.
Prayers for his recovery and that you and your family have many more years with him enjoying the babies!

Thank you folks for the well wishes and prayers. :grouphug: I always know I can reach out to you folks and you care, you understand and most of all, you will pray when asked. That means more to me than anything else.

Its going to be a long road to recovery for Dad and he isn't one to set down and take these type things easily. PT and OT will be strenuous on him, as his 1st sessions next Wed are 3 hrs. Our 2 biggest obstacles are his speech and his peripheral vision.

Right now, with Christmas just round the corner, he can focus on the next coming days being settled to enjoy the time with family. But once that's over Im concerned he is going to be wanting to get back to work. The whole time in the hospital he had 2 concerns, not for himself, but for my mom and work. He is such a giving of himself kind of guy, always thinking of others and how he can enrich their lives.

I can say with no hesitation, Ive been granted a gift before Christmas, I still have my Dad, my friend, my work partner. He is still here and that's all I need.

Thank y'all again and again for the prayers, concerns, well wishes and Moose Dust. You folks are tops on my list of some of the finest people I know, whether I have met you or not.

Thank you folks for the well wishes and prayers. :grouphug: I always know I can reach out to you folks and you care, you understand and most of all, you will pray when asked. That means more to me than anything else.

Its going to be a long road to recovery for Dad and he isn't one to set down and take these type things easily. PT and OT will be strenuous on him, as his 1st sessions next Wed are 3 hrs. Our 2 biggest obstacles are his speech and his peripheral vision.

Right now, with Christmas just round the corner, he can focus on the next coming days being settled to enjoy the time with family. But once that's over Im concerned he is going to be wanting to get back to work. The whole time in the hospital he had 2 concerns, not for himself, but for my mom and work. He is such a giving of himself kind of guy, always thinking of others and how he can enrich their lives.

I can say with no hesitation, Ive been granted a gift before Christmas, I still have my Dad, my friend, my work partner. He is still here and that's all I need.

Thank y'all again and again for the prayers, concerns, well wishes and Moose Dust. You folks are tops on my list of some of the finest people I know, whether I have met you or not.
I'm so glad you will be able to spend Christmas with both of your parents. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

My prayers and best wishes for him and your family.

Merry Christmas to all! Love my tree skirt so much, because it reminds me of the lodge of course, that I even use it with my little tree. It’s a strange Christmas this year. My dad passed away in November and my granddaughter is out of town with her dad’s family. But we are seeing our daughter tomorrow and will celebrate with our little one when she returns. Wishing everyone small joys! Love this group. It is the only one, except for a photo group, that I check almost every day.
IMG_1646.jpeg

Merry Christmas to all! Love my tree skirt so much, because it reminds me of the lodge of course, that I even use it with my little tree. It’s a strange Christmas this year. My dad passed away in November and my granddaughter is out of town with her dad’s family. But we are seeing our daughter tomorrow and will celebrate with our little one when she returns. Wishing everyone small joys! Love this group. It is the only one, except for a photo group, that I check almost every day.
View attachment 820179
I'm so sorry about your Dad. I hope you have a great Christmas with your daughter.

View attachment 820179
Prayers for you and your family. May this season be a time to reflect good memories of your Dad and enjoy the time with your family.
Love the tree skirt🎄😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter