VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I decided to just do the early online check-in today. Yay!

So I was just clicking through everything on the app after checking it and clicked on dining and I see Roaring Fork is listed as having mobile order. Is that available all day, even at breakfast? If so, does it make the most sense to mobile order from our room and then head down to find a table and then select that we've arrived? (I'm assuming the mobile order system is the same as the one we used at Disneyland last year.)

I decided to just do the early online check-in today. Yay!

So I was just clicking through everything on the app after checking it and clicked on dining and I see Roaring Fork is listed as having mobile order. Is that available all day, even at breakfast? If so, does it make the most sense to mobile order from our room and then head down to find a table and then select that we've arrived? (I'm assuming the mobile order system is the same as the one we used at Disneyland last year.)
Yes, Roaring Fork has mobile order for breakfast. We often take the food back to our room, so we click we've arrived when we leave our room, so it's ready when we get there.

Yes, Roaring Fork has mobile order for breakfast. We often take the food back to our room, so we click we've arrived when we leave our room, so it's ready when we get there.
We order breakfast from Roaring Fork almost every day too. Mobile order and take back to our room as well. We indicate in the app that we have arrived while we are still walking over. It's only 5 minutes max, so at worst the food is sitting for a couple of minutes (wrapped up in to-go boxes).

Is it hard to get seating at Roaring Fork for breakfast? We hadn't really thought about going back to the room with it. I was actually hoping for outdoor seating since we plan to avoid being indoors, mask-less, as much as possible (I'm immunocompromised.) But if it's crowded then maybe we should consider going back to the room instead.

Is it hard to get seating at Roaring Fork for breakfast? We hadn't really thought about going back to the room with it. I was actually hoping for outdoor seating since we plan to avoid being indoors, mask-less, as much as possible (I'm immunocompromised.) But if it's crowded then maybe we should consider going back to the room instead.
The indoor seating area isn't huge, but there is plenty of seating outside. I've seen it get pretty full inside, but have always found a table outside. Here is a decent article showing the dining areas inside and out:

The New Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

And a video:

We just booked our December 6 - 12 at VWL. We are excited to bring for the first time a couple who are not part of our family. These good friends of ours haven't been to WDW in over 20 years. And they have never been during the Christmas season. We are jazzed to show them all the changes as well as Candlelight Processional, an evening over at Fort Wilderness, and just hanging out around the Lodge at that magical time of the year.

We hope to be able to run into some Groupies there as I see we overlap with Jimmy and I'm sure others will be around. I think the best part of going back to WDW so often is when we are able to share that with friends and family. We won't bring our daughters and grandkids until October 2025 so we are looking forward to this December trip. We haven't been during the Christmas season since 2018 so that's another bonus.

We just booked our December 6 - 12 at VWL. We are excited to bring for the first time a couple who are not part of our family. These good friends of ours haven't been to WDW in over 20 years. And they have never been during the Christmas season. We are jazzed to show them all the changes as well as Candlelight Processional, an evening over at Fort Wilderness, and just hanging out around the Lodge at that magical time of the year.

We hope to be able to run into some Groupies there as I see we overlap with Jimmy and I'm sure others will be around. I think the best part of going back to WDW so often is when we are able to share that with friends and family. We won't bring our daughters and grandkids until October 2025 so we are looking forward to this December trip. We haven't been during the Christmas season since 2018 so that's another bonus.
Glad to know we will
Be able to see yall again!

We picked next years dates based on the Merrytime Cruise that looked best for us, December 14-18 on the Fantasy. So, our WDW dates will be either December 9 or 10 to the 14th. BWV will be our resort this year. Hopefully we can arrange to meet in person with some of you.

This year our dinner At Whispering Canyon was quite successful as a meet, and maybe that could happen again. My guess is we will have a car for our WDW time.

We picked next years dates based on the Merrytime Cruise that looked best for us, December 14-18 on the Fantasy. So, our WDW dates will be either December 9 or 10 to the 14th. BWV will be our resort this year. Hopefully we can arrange to meet in person with some of you.

This year our dinner At Whispering Canyon was quite successful as a meet, and maybe that could happen again. My guess is we will have a car for our WDW time.
Speaking of meeting up. We will still have to see if we can at least do a quick meet up. Maybe once we get closer we can see how our days match up.

We still have to see the results of Tom’s echocardiogram, and my MRI this month, but we hope yo be at WDW January 23 to February 3. We have two meets with friends so far planned during that time. Is anyone here interested during that time frame?

We still have to see the results of Tom’s echocardiogram, and my MRI this month, but we hope yo be at WDW January 23 to February 3. We have two meets with friends so far planned during that time. Is anyone here interested during that time frame?
Hope your and Tom’s test results show everything is ‘Okey Dokey 1000% Fine’! Wish I could meet up with you again but I’m not going to WDW til May 😩

Prayers for good results

Hello, Groupies! (P.S. If you love the Lodge, that's all you need to be considered a Groupie.)

Applying that parenthetical note above, remember that anyone who wishes to have their name(s) and trip dates added to Page 1 can send start a conversation with me and get me that information. I'm happy to update! I don't generally put anything on Page 1 unless directly told to do so since I don't always see the trip notes on the main feed, nor does someone posting it in the middle of 1500+ pages of a thread mean they want the info posted in an easy to find location.

All that to say, if you want to be included on Page 1--trips or cruises--just let me know! pirate:

Does anyone have photos of _519?

Since it has a different / corner layout, I would love to see the floor plan

Thank you in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter