• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

It seems that some studios have beverage coolers and some have mini fridges - no consistency. So I'd vote for the ASMusic suite or the SSR 1BR on that basis since both will definitely have full size refrigerators with freezers. Given the in-room laundry and the multiple pools, including not one but two splash pads, I'd strongly lean toward the SSR 1BR for your family.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I have not stayed in a BRV studio, but it's been mentioned here that the studios now have beverage coolers instead of mini fridges. The 1BR's there do have a full fridge as well as W/D (as do all 1BR's). I would do SSR for the full fridge, laundry (you don't realize how nice it is until you do), and kitchen. Plus the separate bedroom.
We spent one night in a BRV studio in September. They do have beverage coolers. :worried:

SSR would be a nice choice and the extra space is wonderful. Extra space is always a plus in my book. ;) BRV is a better location for the MK; the units are all newly renovated and I can confirm they did a great job.
From another thread - so now I’m really confused and am wondering if that is just incorrect

From another thread - so now I’m really confused and am wondering if that is just incorrect
Like @CarolynFH posted, there doesn’t seem to be any consistency. Others have said it’s a mini fridge with no freezer compartment. If you absolutely have to have a regular refrigerator, book a family suite or a 1BR. If you get a studio with a beverage cooler, they *may* be able to bring a regular mini fridge, but they may not have any available. I highly doubt they keep track of studios with beverage coolers versus mini fridges, if this actually exists - meaning a mix of fridges in some studios and beverage coolers in others.

Maybe call the hotel and ask and see what they say? That's so bizarre to me. I hope it's a regular fridge though!

That's the first I've seen that and asked on that thread if they were the beverage cooler or it might be that's what they were calling it since it had no fridge. I so dislike they are installing the mini fridge with no freezer. It may not have been much but it still could keep a mickey bar frozen.

FWIW - if you need a mini fridge and got a room with a beverage cooler I'd call and request it be switched.

Hey guys not a big deal here but just asking for a little bit of moose dust. We leave for "home" on the 30th and I threw my back out the other day. Been to the chiropractor once and go again on Monday. Appreciate some good vibes sent my way that we can get this back into shape before we go. TIA
Sending good thoughts and pixiedust:

I'm going to place my Walmart grocery order for delivery (for Saturday) and when I start to enter the address for Wilderness Lodge, it wants to auto-fill it as an Orlando address but the Disney site says it's Lake Buena Vista, FL. Does it matter which one I put in??

And should I enter my cell phone number or the hotel's phone number?

I'm going to place my Walmart grocery order for delivery (for Saturday) and when I start to enter the address for Wilderness Lodge, it wants to auto-fill it as an Orlando address but the Disney site says it's Lake Buena Vista, FL. Does it matter which one I put in??

And should I enter my cell phone number or the hotel's phone number?
My last delivery from walmart to Wilderness lodge was in December 2022, but according to it I used the address:

901 Timberline Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Put in your phone number to get text updates such as item substitutions, out of stock and when the items are delivered.

Happy Sunday, Groupies! We've seen 10+ days of repetitive storms--like much of the U.S. Finally got our first significant snow two storms ago (about 4") which has mostly stuck around due to the last storm that brought us sub-zero temps for the last two nights. That Arctic air mass should ease out of here beginning this afternoon, thankfully. All that brings a remark I heard: hard to believe that it's already January 45th. pirate:

Those of you headed to the World soon, safe travels. Those of you waiting for your trip in the coming months, enjoy the anticipation!

Happy Sunday everyone! Just renewed DHs and my APs. We'll be visiting for the March 1 MM staying at GF. First time staying in a resort studio (big points!). I'd much rather be at the Lodge, but I'm going to look on the bright side and try to enjoy a monorail crawl. LOL

We've gone every year, sometimes multiple trips, since 2004 but this will be the first trip to WDW with just DH and I. I am so excited and hope things go smoothly at home so we can continue doing it.

We're also flying - haven't done that since our first trip - so I'm looking into a car service/uber/Mears.

Can't believe I am down to single digits today! Yikes. Honestly I hope the next 9 days go slow. I don't want it all to be over too quickly. Still trying to get my back to cooperate with me. It seems one day is good the next it is stubborn again. I have 2 more appointments with the chiropractor before we go so hopefully all will be ok. Hope you all are having a nice and relaxing Sunday.

Can't believe I am down to single digits today! Yikes. Honestly I hope the next 9 days go slow. I don't want it all to be over too quickly. Still trying to get my back to cooperate with me. It seems one day is good the next it is stubborn again. I have 2 more appointments with the chiropractor before we go so hopefully all will be ok. Hope you all are having a nice and relaxing Sunday.
I don’t know where you live, but these super low temps are making it hard to avoid all sorts of aches and pains!
Hopefully, WDW will be warmer than home and you can do some relaxing there. I always find that time goes faster than I want it to the closer we get to our departure date! Sending healing thoughts your way!

I don’t know where you live, but these super low temps are making it hard to avoid all sorts of aches and pains!
Hopefully, WDW will be warmer than home and you can do some relaxing there. I always find that time goes faster than I want it to the closer we get to our departure date! Sending healing thoughts your way!
Thank you! I live in Arizona. Probably the one state not getting the super low temps. I'm just old lol. I have had problems with my lower back for awhile and my age and now arthritis just make it worse. No matter what I will go and enjoy myself even if I have to get a wheelchair lol. I had one of those trip anxiety dreams the other night. The person who was taking us to the airport was due to show up any second and we forgot to pack. LOL I'll have to make sure that doesn't come true.

Happy Sunday, all! Hope the temps start to warm up soon.
Do any of you ever have WDW nightmares/bad dreams? I don’t even have a trip planned until November, so it can’t be pre-trip anxiety. :)
Last night I dreamt that my DH and I were staying at the GF (something we’ve never done or wanted to do for that matter) The room we were given was horrible! Peeling paint, a single twin bed, more like a cot, a tiny space. I wanted to get to our reservation at 1900 Park Fair, (IRL I read a rumor yesterday that it was reopening) but first I wanted to try to get a different room. A housekeeper showed me around the 3rd floor, it was very random. Got back to our terrible room, DH was asleep, and I realized that I had left my park passes and binder and all my info at home! Not fun. Also, not logical since everything is on my phone, but you know how dreams are.
Anyhow, i can’t think of any other group on the DIS that I would share this with. (Don’t you all feel lucky?) :)
We are at 300 days to departure today. I enjoy the casual planning that I do this far in advance (reading DFB guides, listing restaurants, and attractions, that my DGD would like) The anxiety doesn’t come until just before the 60 day mark. :)

Thank you! I live in Arizona. Probably the one state not getting the super low temps. I'm just old lol. I have had problems with my lower back for awhile and my age and now arthritis just make it worse. No matter what I will go and enjoy myself even if I have to get a wheelchair lol. I had one of those trip anxiety dreams the other night. The person who was taking us to the airport was due to show up any second and we forgot to pack. LOL I'll have to make sure that doesn't come true.
I was writing my post about my bad dream while you were writing yours! Very strange :)

Happy Sunday, all! Hope the temps start to warm up soon.
Do any of you ever have WDW nightmares/bad dreams? I don’t even have a trip planned until November, so it can’t be pre-trip anxiety. :)
Last night I dreamt that my DH and I were staying at the GF (something we’ve never done or wanted to do for that matter) The room we were given was horrible! Peeling paint, a single twin bed, more like a cot, a tiny space. I wanted to get to our reservation at 1900 Park Fair, (IRL I read a rumor yesterday that it was reopening) but first I wanted to try to get a different room. A housekeeper showed me around the 3rd floor, it was very random. Got back to our terrible room, DH was asleep, and I realized that I had left my park passes and binder and all my info at home! Not fun. Also, not logical since everything is on my phone, but you know how dreams are.
Anyhow, i can’t think of any other group on the DIS that I would share this with. (Don’t you all feel lucky?) :)
We are at 300 days to departure today. I enjoy the casual planning that I do this far in advance (reading DFB guides, listing restaurants, and attractions, that my DGD would like) The anxiety doesn’t come until just before the 60 day mark. :)
Besides the one I said I had the other night my normal one is where I am dreaming that my trip is almost over. Maybe it is the last day of our trip or near the end. It's a recurring dream so always a little different. I'm so depressed in the dream and sad our trip is about over. Then I wake up and realize I haven't actually left for our trip yet and still have it to look forward to. I think this comes from my dread of knowing how sad and depressed I will actually be once the trip is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter