VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Interesting! We don't have enough points to ever stay 2-bedroom but I think I'll need to track down photos of these.

Interesting! We don't have enough points to ever stay 2-bedroom but I think I'll need to track down photos of these.

We have several photos of those "atrium" rooms posted on this thread, but they aren't necessarily easy to find. Here is a link to a couple of posts with several photos of one of those villas:

Photos of 2BR Atrium Villa

We have stayed in these villas a couple of times. They are very different in layout from the regular 2BR villas. The small galley kitchen, and large "living room" are the two main differences.

Never say never! The point charts for their 2-bedroom isn't bad at all. If you travel during the lowest point charts, you can get a 2-bedroom for less than 40 pts/night on weekdays! The thing is, you still might not get one of those units because they are so limited, less than 10 total.

Never say never! The point charts for their 2-bedroom isn't bad at all. If you travel during the lowest point charts, you can get a 2-bedroom for less than 40 pts/night on weekdays! The thing is, you still might not get one of those units because they are so limited, less than 10 total.

Well, we only have 50 BRV points and only looking to get maybe 50 more, tops. (Though I see a loaded 150 point one that I would LOVE...ha!)

We have several photos of those "atrium" rooms posted on this thread, but they aren't necessarily easy to find. Here is a link to a couple of posts with several photos of one of those villas:

Photos of 2BR Atrium Villa

We have stayed in these villas a couple of times. They are very different in layout from the regular 2BR villas. The small galley kitchen, and large "living room" are the two main differences.

Thanks! Very cool.

FYI: Even “atrium rooms” look like hospital wards under those horrible LED lights. You have been warned.

I didn't notice bad lightning in our studio earlier this year. But that being said...I think those are the same type of bulbs we use at home so I think I'm just used to it.

Well, we only have 50 BRV points and only looking to get maybe 50 more, tops. (Though I see a loaded 150 point one that I would LOVE...ha!)
Ah that makes sense! But buying another contract also make sense! 🤣hahaha j/k!

This makes me wanna go on our next trip sooner! Right now, our next WDW trip isn't until Fall 2025...we could go earlier in the year but I really wanna do F&W this trip!

Ah that makes sense! But buying another contract also make sense! 🤣hahaha j/k!

This makes me wanna go on our next trip sooner! Right now, our next WDW trip isn't until Fall 2025...we could go earlier in the year but I really wanna do F&W this trip!

We were just there in January but I'm already wanting to go back! My son was just watching the Frozen ride on youtube a bunch yesterday.

The plan is January 2026. But we would love to squeeze one in for January 2025 too! Our BRV contract doesn't have any points coming until June 2025 and I didn't really want to have to borrow all of them. Either way, we'd also need to use our remaining 2024 VGC points...which I think I'd rather bank into 2025 for our next trip out there.

In an ideal world, I'd find a small BRV contract, with 2024 points, ASAP and then plan that January trip. But we sent in way too low of an offer on the contract I saw the other day so now we just have to wait and see if anything else pops up. Or I convince my husband we need 100+ BRV points. 🤣

We even threw around the idea of owning at a 2nd WDW resort just to switch things up but in the end...our hearts really seem to be with BRV at this point.

Last edited:
We were just there in January but I'm already wanting to go back! My son was just watching the Frozen ride on youtube a bunch yesterday.

The plan is January 2026. But we would love to squeeze one in for January 2025 too! Our BRV contract doesn't have any points coming until June 2025 and I didn't really want to have to borrow all of them. Either way, we'd also need to use our remaining 2024 VGC points...which I think I'd rather bank into 2025 for our next trip out there.

In an ideal world, I'd find a small BRV contract, with 2024 points, ASAP and then plan that January trip. But we sent in way too low of an offer on the contract I saw the other day so now we just have to wait and see if anything else pops up. Or I convince my husband we need 100+ BRV points. 🤣

We even threw around the idea of owning at a 2nd WDW resort just to switch things up but in the end...our hearts really seem to be with BRV at this point.
I totally get the desire to go back already. We are also looking at going back in 2026. Probably February for FARTS again. It is so far off but I don't think we can afford to get back before then. We figure we will have a year to save up for the resort and then a year to save up for food and spending money.

Happy Saturday Groupies! Hope everyone is doing well!

We are registered for Moonlight Magic @ the AK next month. We have AP’s, but our 2 guests will not be purchasing passes for the day. I was chatting with MS this morning and was told we could ALL enter the park @ 4:00 PM. I clarified our guests did not have admission for that day, and he stated that as long as we were with them, we would all be allowed in. The information on the DVC site states if we wish to enter prior to the start time theme park admission is required. :confused3 Any thoughts or experience with this?

Happy Saturday Groupies! Hope everyone is doing well!

We are registered for Moonlight Magic @ the AK next month. We have AP’s, but our 2 guests will not be purchasing passes for the day. I was chatting with MS this morning and was told we could ALL enter the park @ 4:00 PM. I clarified our guests did not have admission for that day, and he stated that as long as we were with them, we would all be allowed in. The information on the DVC site states if we wish to enter prior to the start time theme park admission is required. :confused3 Any thoughts or experience with this?

The following is from our email for MM AK 2/27/24:
"You can check into the event a bit early. While the event runs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., you’re welcome to experience more magic by checking in at 4 p.m. And, if you happen to be enjoying Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park earlier that day and would like to check in inside the park, you may do so from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Upper Bradley Falls (look for event signage)."

Yes, as long as y'all check in together, everyone will be allowed in at 4PM

Even though we won't be staying at VWL this upcoming trip, but rather one night at Coronado, 5 nights in a rented camper, 4 nights on the Wish and another night at AoA (skyliner to Epcot to catch Jo Dee Messina shows) our hearts are at VWL and we will be frequenting to at the least GP by boat. We aren't fond of jumping around resorts anymore, but this whole trip revolves around the cruise, as AnnieT and her DH Alan reached out to us a few months ago to see if we wanted to cruise with them.

So one thing leads to another, as it often does with us and WDW trips, so we add on the camping portion, we have APs, so why not? Then I told Tammy, why don't we drive down a day early, stay at CS, rather than driving part of the way and staying a few hours away. The daylight hrs. will be towards 8pm that day so we can make it before dark. After camping and the cruise, I see that Jo Dee Messina will be at Epcot Apr. 12, we have APs, so why don't we stay at AoA, catch the skyliner and see her shows, rather than drive home part of the way, we can make it home the next day before dark.

All this to say, we are cooking breakfast whilst listening to WL music. As I say, we may be staying other places, but our hearts are at WL :goodvibes

Last edited:
The following is from our email for MM AK 2/27/24:
"You can check into the event a bit early. While the event runs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., you’re welcome to experience more magic by checking in at 4 p.m. And, if you happen to be enjoying Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park earlier that day and would like to check in inside the park, you may do so from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Upper Bradley Falls (look for event signage)."

Yes, as long as y'all check in together, everyone will be allowed in at 4PM
Thank you SO much for your response! :thanks:

Morning, Groupies! Here at the World now, though preparing to leave and head to my older daughter's home in Melbourne in a couple of hours. This is day 4 of our trip, and I thought I'd share a few nuggets with you.
- Our first night was at HHI, and the new refurbishment is quite lovely. While sleeker looking and modernized, they still managed to retain some of the charm of the fish camp idea with subtle touches such as one wall being covered in shiplap, the contrasting hardware on drawers and doorknobs, overhead ceiling fan/light, and other such things. IMG_1337.jpeg
With only five studios currently available, that we snagged one last-minute (three days out!) was amazing!

- Drove to Disney on Saturday to stay at AKV. My fiancée Jessica has only been to Disney once before, many years ago, but she knew of the animals on the savannah and had hoped to watch them from our balcony. However, in my haste to book a room a few months back, I failed to secure a savannah room. I only realized this a few days before departing, thus we were booked into a standard 1BR. Still, I knew there were places at Kidani to see animals, and she was thrilled with that. However, I gently inquired if there might be an available savannah room (just in case someone had to cancel last-minute). No. . .but there was one available the next night--would I like to do a room change for one day? YES! The shot from our balcony mid-afternoon yesterday.
IMG_1387.jpeg

- The CM who helped me was marvelous: Rachel. That just so happens to be the name of my daughter whom we're visiting later today. I mentioned to Rachel that I had worked at HHI, and she asked me if the manager then was Jerome. It was, and she had worked for him at the Star Wars hotel until it folded. She really liked him (as did I). Well, one guess where Jerome is manager now. . .I'll wait. . .:rolleyes1. . .YES! Our beloved Lodge!! We went over there that first day to have lunch at Geyser Point, and I showed Jessica around the Lodge. Didn't run into Jerome, but it was 87F and sunny so a gorgeous day to show off my favorite resort.

- Yesterday.
IMG_1371.jpeg
Yes, we ate there. How can you not when staying nearby?

That's it for now. I'll post a few more pics as time allows. Have a great week ahead, Groupies! pirate:

Morning, Groupies! Here at the World now, though preparing to leave and head to my older daughter's home in Melbourne in a couple of hours. This is day 4 of our trip, and I thought I'd share a few nuggets with you.
- Our first night was at HHI, and the new refurbishment is quite lovely. While sleeker looking and modernized, they still managed to retain some of the charm of the fish camp idea with subtle touches such as one wall being covered in shiplap, the contrasting hardware on drawers and doorknobs, overhead ceiling fan/light, and other such things. View attachment 840931
With only five studios currently available, that we snagged one last-minute (three days out!) was amazing!

- Drove to Disney on Saturday to stay at AKV. My fiancée Jessica has only been to Disney once before, many years ago, but she knew of the animals on the savannah and had hoped to watch them from our balcony. However, in my haste to book a room a few months back, I failed to secure a savannah room. I only realized this a few days before departing, thus we were booked into a standard 1BR. Still, I knew there were places at Kidani to see animals, and she was thrilled with that. However, I gently inquired if there might be an available savannah room (just in case someone had to cancel last-minute). No. . .but there was one available the next night--would I like to do a room change for one day? YES! The shot from our balcony mid-afternoon yesterday.
View attachment 840932

- The CM who helped me was marvelous: Rachel. That just so happens to be the name of my daughter whom we're visiting later today. I mentioned to Rachel that I had worked at HHI, and she asked me if the manager then was Jerome. It was, and she had worked for him at the Star Wars hotel until it folded. She really liked him (as did I). Well, one guess where Jerome is manager now. . .I'll wait. . .:rolleyes1. . .YES! Our beloved Lodge!! We went over there that first day to have lunch at Geyser Point, and I showed Jessica around the Lodge. Didn't run into Jerome, but it was 87F and sunny so a gorgeous day to show off my favorite resort.

- Yesterday.
View attachment 840933
Yes, we ate there. How can you not when staying nearby?

That's it for now. I'll post a few more pics as time allows. Have a great week ahead, Groupies! pirate:

What a lovely start of your trip, thanks for the pics! Glad you were able to snag a savannah room, the animals definitely heard you calling!

Thanks for the warning. I hate most LED lights, so I will try to deal.
I find it odd they are a problem. LED lights dont need to be “daylight” . Lower lumens with a soft white feel are what I use at home…maybe someone screwed up. Of course at home I can change color and intensity in some rooms as well by saying “Alexa, living room lights 50%”. Been doing that so long it’s crazy to think of being without…🤣🤣

I find it odd they are a problem. LED lights dont need to be “daylight” . Lower lumens with a soft white feel are what I use at home…maybe someone screwed up. Of course at home I can change color and intensity in some rooms as well by saying “Alexa, living room lights 50%”. Been doing that so long it’s crazy to think of being without…🤣🤣
You are lucky to have that option. I found most LEDs too bright and too harsh when they fist came out. The options now are better. The softer white option for Christmas lights, for example, are much bette (IMHO) than the white/blue icicle lights that I see on houses. In general though, incandescent bulbs are easier on my eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter